Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 50 released May 1st: Being There feat. Autism Through Cinema)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022: Mon Nov 14 - Dec 12
Polls: Contemporary Black&White (Results), Favorite Movies (Results), Directors (Closed), 1953 (May 22nd), Germany (May 30th), 1990s (May 31st)
Challenges: Western, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Religion, Cults, Sorcery
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

Letterboxd

Post Reply
User avatar
Harco
Donator
Posts: 699
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#401

Post by Harco »

As long as they add Eveready Harton in Buried Treasure, I’m good.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#402

Post by kongs_speech »

Harco wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:31 pm As long as they add Eveready Harton in Buried Treasure, I’m good.
That will immediately go to my 5/5 ratings.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 8620
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#403

Post by Onderhond »

I smell a niche problem blown way out of proportion. How many % of the people using Letterboxd do you guys think care about this stuff?
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#404

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:42 pm I smell a niche problem blown way out of proportion. How many % of the people using Letterboxd do you guys think care about this stuff?
0.1% at best. No one who cares about this kind of stuff is using letterboxd as a primary medium for tracking what they've seen and even for household name stuff like Deep Throat not being able to review it on letterboxd is not a big deal.

Personally I just find it amusing that their porn exclusion, almost certainly a venture capitalist requirement to make the site family friendly, is being altered because pushback from their userbase has finally reached a point where they see it as a PR negative, but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 8620
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#405

Post by Onderhond »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
Whatever rules are set, people will still complain. There is really nothing worse than coming up with rules/laws.
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#406

Post by kongs_speech »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm
Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:42 pm I smell a niche problem blown way out of proportion. How many % of the people using Letterboxd do you guys think care about this stuff?
0.1% at best. No one who cares about this kind of stuff is using letterboxd as a primary medium for tracking what they've seen and even for household name stuff like Deep Throat not being able to review it on letterboxd is not a big deal.

Personally I just find it amusing that their porn exclusion, almost certainly a venture capitalist requirement to make the site family friendly, is being altered because pushback from their userbase has finally reached a point where they see it as a PR negative, but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
I happen to know for a fact that has nothing at all to do with "venture capitalist requirements." That's such a hysterically bizarre conspiracy theory that I'm wondering if you're next going to tell us not to get the vaccine. Rather, the site attempts to keep a focus on things that could reasonably be considered a film, hence the lack of television. Stepmom Licks My Balls 37 is not what anyone would reasonably consider to be a film. The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#407

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:05 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
Whatever rules are set, people will still complain. There is really nothing worse than coming up with rules/laws.
Sure, and also no rule will take into account the weird edge cases. But "undertaking a process to import a number of classic or historically significant adult films" is so fucking vague and useless. And why bother with "More details to follow." on a reply to a 6 year old post. If more details are going to follow in the next couple of weeks, just wait the couple of weeks and make your announcement.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#408

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:08 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm
Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:42 pm I smell a niche problem blown way out of proportion. How many % of the people using Letterboxd do you guys think care about this stuff?
0.1% at best. No one who cares about this kind of stuff is using letterboxd as a primary medium for tracking what they've seen and even for household name stuff like Deep Throat not being able to review it on letterboxd is not a big deal.

Personally I just find it amusing that their porn exclusion, almost certainly a venture capitalist requirement to make the site family friendly, is being altered because pushback from their userbase has finally reached a point where they see it as a PR negative, but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
I happen to know for a fact that has nothing at all to do with "venture capitalist requirements." That's such a hysterically bizarre conspiracy theory that I'm wondering if you're next going to tell us not to get the vaccine. Rather, the site attempts to keep a focus on things that could reasonably be considered a film, hence the lack of television. Stepmom Licks My Balls 37 is not what anyone would reasonably consider to be a film. The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
LOL. I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about why the site has never had adult films. It certainly hasn't been due to any "worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit" since they've been blanket excluded. External or internally imposed it was without a doubt about trying to be open to a wider audience put off by having adult films on the site.

There is, and always has been, a very clear line to draw between Stepmom Licks My Balls 37 and Behind the Green Door, theatrical release. They could have very easily chosen that and never did despite being well aware of this issue for years they specifically chose to choose the adult tag as the line, and even now are only looking at specific exceptions.

I personally don't give a shit about porn, even the supposedly ok porn, I just find it funny how disingenuous they are.
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#409

Post by kongs_speech »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:12 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:08 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm
0.1% at best. No one who cares about this kind of stuff is using letterboxd as a primary medium for tracking what they've seen and even for household name stuff like Deep Throat not being able to review it on letterboxd is not a big deal.

Personally I just find it amusing that their porn exclusion, almost certainly a venture capitalist requirement to make the site family friendly, is being altered because pushback from their userbase has finally reached a point where they see it as a PR negative, but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
I happen to know for a fact that has nothing at all to do with "venture capitalist requirements." That's such a hysterically bizarre conspiracy theory that I'm wondering if you're next going to tell us not to get the vaccine. Rather, the site attempts to keep a focus on things that could reasonably be considered a film, hence the lack of television. Stepmom Licks My Balls 37 is not what anyone would reasonably consider to be a film. The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
LOL. I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about why the site has never had adult films. It certainly hasn't been due to any "worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit" since they've been blanket excluded. External or internally imposed it was without a doubt about trying to be open to a wider audience put off by having adult films on the site.
Excluding all adult films was a mistake, yes. That mistake is now being corrected, which is something that Letterboxd is doing simply to benefit users, as they are in no way obligated to change their policies. You will not find an internet-based platform that is more receptive to accommodating the wishes of its user base. At the same time, as I said before, they're not going to add the Bang Bus saga anytime soon, nor should they.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#410

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:19 pm You will not find an internet-based platform that is more receptive to accommodating the wishes of its user base.
What is this? Letterboxd is not particularly egregious but they're also not particularly receptive. They're like most sites, they'll read and do whatever fits their internal abilities and desires and sometimes issue an explanation if they feel like it.
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 12301
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#411

Post by mjf314 »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:08 pm The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
The Letterboxd staff is never going to be able to watch every porn film to figure out which ones are "attempting to be a film", so there needs to be some kind of clear criteria for what gets added.
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#412

Post by kongs_speech »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:36 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:19 pm You will not find an internet-based platform that is more receptive to accommodating the wishes of its user base.
What is this? Letterboxd is not particularly egregious but they're also not particularly receptive. They're like most sites, they'll read and do whatever fits their internal abilities and desires and sometimes issue an explanation if they feel like it.
I factually know more about this particular subject than you do, but whatever. At least Letterboxd functions a whole lot better than ICM.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#413

Post by kongs_speech »

mjf314 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:38 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:08 pm The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
The Letterboxd staff is never going to be able to watch every porn film to figure out which ones are "attempting to be a film", so there needs to be some kind of clear criteria for what gets added.
If a porno is so obscure that they would have to research it to find out whether or not it could be considered a film, I'd venture a guess that it wouldn't be missed by many people.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 12301
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#414

Post by mjf314 »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:57 pm If a porno is so obscure that they would have to research it to find out whether or not it could be considered a film, I'd venture a guess that it wouldn't be missed by many people.
How are they going to decide which films to include, if not by researching? What criteria do you have in mind? Are they only going to add porn films that they personally watched?
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#415

Post by kongs_speech »

mjf314 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:57 pm If a porno is so obscure that they would have to research it to find out whether or not it could be considered a film, I'd venture a guess that it wouldn't be missed by many people.
How are they going to decide which films to include, if not by researching? What criteria do you have in mind? Are they only going to add porn films that they personally watched?
Who needs to research Deep Throat or The Devil in Miss Jones? Those are commonly accepted films ... hence the historical relevance aspect of it. Plus, there are tons upon tons of adult films released by Vinegar Syndrome, all of which will presumably be added.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 12301
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#416

Post by mjf314 »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:14 pm
mjf314 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:57 pm If a porno is so obscure that they would have to research it to find out whether or not it could be considered a film, I'd venture a guess that it wouldn't be missed by many people.
How are they going to decide which films to include, if not by researching? What criteria do you have in mind? Are they only going to add porn films that they personally watched?
Who needs to research Deep Throat or The Devil in Miss Jones? Those are commonly accepted films ... hence the historical relevance aspect of it. Plus, there are tons upon tons of adult films released by Vinegar Syndrome, all of which will presumably be added.
There are a lot of historically important adult films, and most of them were never released by Vinegar Syndrome. How are they going to decide which films to include?
User avatar
flavo5000
Posts: 5905
Joined: July 10th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

#417

Post by flavo5000 »

mjf314 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:19 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:14 pm
mjf314 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm

How are they going to decide which films to include, if not by researching? What criteria do you have in mind? Are they only going to add porn films that they personally watched?
Who needs to research Deep Throat or The Devil in Miss Jones? Those are commonly accepted films ... hence the historical relevance aspect of it. Plus, there are tons upon tons of adult films released by Vinegar Syndrome, all of which will presumably be added.
There are a lot of historically important adult films, and most of them were never released by Vinegar Syndrome. How are they going to decide which films to include?
I think really the million dollar question is, will they add Edward Penishands, the greatest film about a guy with dicks for hands ever made?
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#418

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:36 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:19 pm You will not find an internet-based platform that is more receptive to accommodating the wishes of its user base.
What is this? Letterboxd is not particularly egregious but they're also not particularly receptive. They're like most sites, they'll read and do whatever fits their internal abilities and desires and sometimes issue an explanation if they feel like it.
I factually know more about this particular subject than you do, but whatever. At least Letterboxd functions a whole lot better than ICM.
I never said ICM was more receptive to feedback. ICM has issues and I've never been one to deny its problems, both privately and publicly. There's no need to be sycophantic when people point out problems with a site you like.
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#419

Post by kongs_speech »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:37 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:36 pm
What is this? Letterboxd is not particularly egregious but they're also not particularly receptive. They're like most sites, they'll read and do whatever fits their internal abilities and desires and sometimes issue an explanation if they feel like it.
I factually know more about this particular subject than you do, but whatever. At least Letterboxd functions a whole lot better than ICM.
I never said ICM was more receptive to feedback. ICM has issues and I've never been one to deny its problems, both privately and publicly. There's no need to be sycophantic when people point out problems with a site you like.
It's not because I like the site, although I do. It's that I am friends with someone at the company and you said something that was factually incorrect, therefore rubbing me the wrong way, which is what started all of this. I am, however, willing to drop it and move on.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 8620
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#420

Post by Onderhond »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:12 pm theatrical release
I don't know the ins and out of these things, but aren't there porn cinemas?
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#421

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:42 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:37 pm
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm

I factually know more about this particular subject than you do, but whatever. At least Letterboxd functions a whole lot better than ICM.
I never said ICM was more receptive to feedback. ICM has issues and I've never been one to deny its problems, both privately and publicly. There's no need to be sycophantic when people point out problems with a site you like.
It's not because I like the site, although I do. It's that I am friends with someone at the company and you said something that was factually incorrect, therefore rubbing me the wrong way, which is what started all of this. I am, however, willing to drop it and move on.
You called me a conspiracy theorist for daring to speculate that a commercial site that got the prominence it has precisely because they went all in on viral marketing could possibly have made policy decisions based on what press reaction to having pornography on their site would be. You could have just said "you're wrong, the decision was entirely the founder's choice" instead of this:
kongs_speech wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:08 pm I happen to know for a fact that has nothing at all to do with "venture capitalist requirements." That's such a hysterically bizarre conspiracy theory that I'm wondering if you're next going to tell us not to get the vaccine. Rather, the site attempts to keep a focus on things that could reasonably be considered a film, hence the lack of television. Stepmom Licks My Balls 37 is not what anyone would reasonably consider to be a film. The same cannot be said of Behind the Green Door, Roommates, The Devil in Miss Jones, etc. Letterboxd has been quite transparent that the key factors in determining an adult film's worthiness are historical relevance and artistic merit. If something is pornographic yet not even attempting to be a film, then it's just a fuck video and it shouldn't be on a film website.
Also, the rest of your posts here have been defending a vague and unclear rule change on 6 year old feedback by stating that they surely know best with whatever blurry line they so choose and are also the most responsive web company ever.

Have I been rude in this exchange? Yeah, part of the reason I refrained from posting for the last few months, besides being overwhelmed by life is that I find myself much more short tempered and I don't like being like that. I'm sorry if the tone in these posts has been mean. I'm going to bow out because frankly I don't care about Letterboxd one way or another, my issues with it are other things that won't ever change because they're what the userbase likes.

Edit: LOL, that was a shitty apology wasn't it. :( Sorry.
Last edited by PeacefulAnarchy on June 23rd, 2021, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I suck.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#422

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:45 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:12 pm theatrical release
I don't know the ins and out of these things, but aren't there porn cinemas?
Yes, but they don't screen the "bad porn" of Bangbros 17 or whatever. There are 4 types of porn:
1. Erotica that may or may not be labeled porn.
2. Famous porn, mostly from the 70s.
3. Lots of less famous porn that still has cohesive film structure and with hardcore sex scenes throughout.
4. Porn scene videos.

4 is never screened in cinemas. The current letterboxd line is "some of the things in 1) are ok if you can manage to keep the adult film tag off them on Tmdb" the new line is "probably 2, maybe some of the missing 1 or 3? I dunno, details to come."
1,2 and 3, no 4 is a reasonably functional line to draw and much easier to manage.
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 7055
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#423

Post by Fergenaprido »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 8:11 pm Have I been rude in this exchange? Yeah, part of the reason I refrained from posting for the last few months, besides being overwhelmed by life is that I find myself much more short tempered and I don't like being like that. I'm sorry if the tone in these posts has been mean. I'm going to bow out because frankly I don't care about Letterboxd one way or another, my issues with it are other things that won't ever change because they're what the userbase likes.

Edit: LOL, that was a shitty apology wasn't it. :( Sorry.
I don't think you've been rude in your posts. Curt and slightly exasperated, perhaps, but not rude.

Also, I like the "Reason" option below the edit. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is that a mod-only function?
🧚‍♂️🦫
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 7055
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#424

Post by Fergenaprido »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:09 pm
Onderhond wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:05 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:54 pm but they're still unwilling to set anything resembling clear guidelines as to what will be allowed despite having all the time in the world to come up with some.
Whatever rules are set, people will still complain. There is really nothing worse than coming up with rules/laws.
Sure, and also no rule will take into account the weird edge cases. But "undertaking a process to import a number of classic or historically significant adult films" is so fucking vague and useless. And why bother with "More details to follow." on a reply to a 6 year old post. If more details are going to follow in the next couple of weeks, just wait the couple of weeks and make your announcement.
Also, to clarify on this, Matthew Buchanan has actually posted thrice on this suggestion: in 2015 and 2016 as "under review", and now as "started". Not sure if everyone is aware of those first two, since you have to click on "Show previous admin responses (2)" to see them. My guess is that they've been toying with the idea for a long time, and only recently decided to actually do something about it. It's currently the 11th most supported idea on the LB feedback site.
🧚‍♂️🦫
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 26982
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#425

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm Also, I like the "Reason" option below the edit. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is that a mod-only function?
I don't recall. I do know if I don't write a reason it won't show the edit time like it does for other users. I usually forget to fill it in.

It's a field at the bottom of the edit page in the options section.
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 7055
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#426

Post by Fergenaprido »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:47 pm
Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm Also, I like the "Reason" option below the edit. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is that a mod-only function?
I don't recall. I do know if I don't write a reason it won't show the edit time like it does for other users. I usually forget to fill it in.

It's a field at the bottom of the edit page in the options section.
Just checked, and there's no such option for me, so it must be a mod-only function. I suppose it's because you can edit other people's posts, so you can give a reason why you may do so without intruding on the actual message.
🧚‍♂️🦫
User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 10762
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

#427

Post by Knaldskalle »

Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:16 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:47 pm
Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm Also, I like the "Reason" option below the edit. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is that a mod-only function?
I don't recall. I do know if I don't write a reason it won't show the edit time like it does for other users. I usually forget to fill it in.

It's a field at the bottom of the edit page in the options section.
Just checked, and there's no such option for me, so it must be a mod-only function. I suppose it's because you can edit other people's posts, so you can give a reason why you may do so without intruding on the actual message.
Yep. So Peaceful jut mod-edited himself. :teehee:
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1550
Joined: March 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Contact:

#428

Post by monk-time »

Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:16 pm I suppose it's because you can edit other people's posts
But who edits the editors?
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 14542
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#429

Post by Armoreska »

If anyone's been rude there, it's Kongs_speech.

The word HYSTERICAL is also ableist
http://disabledfeminists.com/2009/10/13 ... ysterical/

Editors are edited by a threat to be caught at doing something nefarious I guess.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 8620
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#430

Post by Onderhond »

Armoreska wrote: June 24th, 2021, 11:00 am The word HYSTERICAL is also ableist
http://disabledfeminists.com/2009/10/13 ... ysterical/
:D
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#431

Post by kongs_speech »

Armoreska wrote: June 24th, 2021, 11:00 am If anyone's been rude there, it's Kongs_speech.

The word HYSTERICAL is also ableist
http://disabledfeminists.com/2009/10/13 ... ysterical/

Editors are edited by a threat to be caught at doing something nefarious I guess.
Oh good lord. As an actual disabled person whose life is impacted by my physical and mental limitations every single day, I do not care. "Retarded" is out of bounds. "Crazy," "ridiculous," "hysterical" -- perfectly valid words. I believe in compassion and sensitivity, but I do not dig fanatical political correctness or wish to be language policed. If only there happened to be a word for such an overreaction ...
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 14542
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#432

Post by Armoreska »

Even with normie thinking, calling someone hysterical in that instance was uncalled for.

It's not like PAnarchy put you in prison for life or ate you for dinner with his message.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#433

Post by kongs_speech »

Armoreska wrote: June 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm Even with normie thinking, calling someone hysterical in that instance was uncalled for.

It's not like PAnarchy put you in prison for life or ate you for dinner with his message.
It was just a weird, conspiratorial accusation towards a company where a close friend of mine is involved in the daily decision-making process. I took it personally. But I'm not holding any grudge against PA. I was out of line. This had already died down, I had a positive interaction with him in another thread last night, and you're just intentionally fanning the flames. I'm uninterested in engaging on the topic further.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 8620
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#434

Post by Onderhond »

Armoreska wrote: June 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm Even with normie thinking, calling someone hysterical in that instance was uncalled for.
Normies will see that he didn't call a person hysterical + will recognize the hyperbole as part of the tone of the message.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 14542
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#435

Post by Armoreska »

Onderhond wrote: June 24th, 2021, 12:54 pm
Armoreska wrote: June 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm Even with normie thinking, calling someone hysterical in that instance was uncalled for.
Normies will see that he didn't call a person hysterical + will recognize the hyperbole as part of the tone of the message.
well apparently PA didn't like it (there were other words there btw)

Not looking to engage in anything, I got things to watch, toodle-oo.
(but i got the inside knowledge of you having an insider in LB out of it :whistling: )
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 2887
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Contact:

#436

Post by kongs_speech »

Uh, okay. You have fun with that.
🏳️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 10762
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

#437

Post by Knaldskalle »

monk-time wrote: June 24th, 2021, 6:00 am
Fergenaprido wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:16 pm I suppose it's because you can edit other people's posts
But who edits the editors?
We're like the cops around here, we police ourselves. Never goes wrong, never gets out of hand and it's just a few bad apples and you probably had it coming. :P
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
User avatar
Mothravka
Posts: 231
Joined: January 18th, 2016, 7:00 am
Location: Европа
Contact:

#438

Post by Mothravka »

https://news.letterboxd.com/post/659706 ... /sex-world

It looks like Letterboxd are slowly adding adult films now. Still a limited number, but they have a mail for suggestions and such. At least it's better than nothing and hopefully it is in the right direction.
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 12301
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#439

Post by mjf314 »

Mothravka wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 9:11 am https://news.letterboxd.com/post/659706 ... /sex-world

It looks like Letterboxd are slowly adding adult films now. Still a limited number, but they have a mail for suggestions and such. At least it's better than nothing and hopefully it is in the right direction.
How do you request missing titles? I don't see an email.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 5037
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#440

Post by Torgo »

Funny timing when you think about it. The anti-OnlyFans of our days. :D
Post Reply