Welcome to the ICM Forum.

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. If the main forum isn't loading correctly, try clearing browser cache. There appears to be an issue with board emails, this should only impact registration or account recovery. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy This might take a couple of days to fix.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 41 released November 15th: The ICMForum Film Festival: Main Slate & Highlights)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival: Mon Nov 15 - Dec 13
Polls: 1946 (Results), USA (Nov 28th), Sport (Nov 30th), Directors (Jan 3rd)
Challenges: Noir, War, Argentina/Brazil/Py/Uy
Managers Cup: QF Schedule, QFA: sacmersault vs filmbantha (Dec 12th)
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

iCM Bugs

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

xianjiro wrote: July 15th, 2021, 12:17 am
hurluberlu wrote: July 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm
hurluberlu wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:45 pm One of the priority should really be fixing the "checking" (checking the check box to mark a movie checked); it is what people use the site for after all...
Sometimes it works after a few seconds, sometimes the wheel is spinning forever over the check box without effect, sometimes it marks it is checked but if you reload the page it is not... You always need to reload the page to ensure it is checked or try again.

Uploading/updating lists is also one of the most cumbersome bug: only uploading a csv file with imdb links has a chance to work, all other options will always get me to "this page is unavailable, we have been notified".

Thanks for coordinating this... fingers crossed...
The check box issue is back for me after a few good months...
What time of day is it happening? (Multiple instances would be helpful.)
Everytime any time really.
ImageImageImageImageImage
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

hurluberlu wrote: July 17th, 2021, 7:43 am
xianjiro wrote: July 15th, 2021, 12:17 am
hurluberlu wrote: July 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm

The check box issue is back for me after a few good months...
What time of day is it happening? (Multiple instances would be helpful.)
Everytime any time really.
I haven't noticed any issues, anyone else?

Have you tried clearing cache and stuff like that?
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

No, I haven't noticed the issue since Marijn fixed it a few months ago.
🧚‍♂️🦫
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

It still happens. Sometimes. Usually when leaving a page open for a while. A page refresh tends to fix that.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Onderhond wrote: July 17th, 2021, 4:55 pm It still happens. Sometimes. Usually when leaving a page open for a while. A page refresh tends to fix that.
Oh, that. Yeah, that happens to me all the time and was never fixed (for me). But it's generally because I open a icm movie page before starting the movie, and then check it after, so it's 2 hours later and I have to refresh. I thought hurlu was referring to the issue where the checking was stuck in loading and refreshing the page didn't solve the issue.
🧚‍♂️🦫
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

It just always seems to me like if the page has been open awhile, checking the film won't work. So I routinely reload the page before checking.
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

Fergenaprido wrote: July 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm the issue where the checking was stuck in loading and refreshing the page didn't solve the issue.
Yeah that is the one. Refreshing does solve the issue but after multiple refreshes (5-10). Using Edge browser essentially.

Tonight it is working fine though, for the first time in weeks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ebbywebby wrote: July 17th, 2021, 7:38 pm It just always seems to me like if the page has been open awhile, checking the film won't work. So I routinely reload the page before checking.
This is what I do.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Isn't this issue - not being able to check a page that's been open for some time - related to expired tokens?
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

xianjiro wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:23 pm Isn't this issue - not being able to check a page that's been open for some time - related to expired tokens?
Yes something like that. The page expiring and requiring a reload is by design, I don't know why it doesn't seem useful to me in the context of ICM. But you shouldn't need to reload more than once.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm
xianjiro wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:23 pm Isn't this issue - not being able to check a page that's been open for some time - related to expired tokens?
Yes something like that. The page expiring and requiring a reload is by design, I don't know why it doesn't seem useful to me in the context of ICM. But you shouldn't need to reload more than once.
yeah, that's been my experience - a single reload and check's your nationality

I've got no idea why tokens expiring or whatever it is, matters. That's one I leave to those who know more about how servers work and such. I pretty much just accept it and adjust my behavior accordingly.
PeacefulAnarchy

xianjiro wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:56 am I've got no idea why tokens expiring or whatever it is, matters. That's one I leave to those who know more about how servers work and such. I pretty much just accept it and adjust my behavior accordingly.
There are other applications where it makes more sense, like shopping carts making sure the price and stock is still valid. My unsubstantiated guess is that something along the line uses code where that kind of expiry is the default and it was just easier to keep it than rewrite, and once you have it the risk of breaking something else unintended makes it not a priority.
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

May sound weird, but I can’t access nbats’ profile page. I tried other profiles and they work just fine. I can directly access his comments, awards and progress, but not activity and profile. It loads without success and goes to the temporarily unavailable page. Only me?
ICM
November Challenge: None
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Same here. :wacko: "THIS PAGE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE". Tested two other profiles and they worked.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/nbats/
https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/a ... user=nbats

He finally won ICM. nbats 1, server 0.
PeacefulAnarchy

I assume there's something in the activity feed fucking things up. I feel like I've seen this happen before but I don't recall when or why.
Their progress page displays: https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/p ... user=nbats
So do their checks and comments. It'll resolve itself once the troublesome thing falls off the feed, but it'd be nice to know the cause.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I contacted nbats about it this week. He told me this happened before after he did a huge import from IMDb. Last time it resolved after about a week.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Torgo wrote: July 21st, 2021, 3:17 pm Same here. :wacko: "THIS PAGE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE". Tested two other profiles and they worked.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/nbats/

He finally won ICM. nbats 1, server 0.
I tested going to page 10, 8 or 2 etc. via the URL and could access them, but not on page 1 of his activities - something's obviously broken there.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

When I go to my messages on iCM, the empty box in the upper left corner is 'selected' (not ticked) by default. So, until I click somewhere else, the box has a blue lining. And it bothers me. :(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
More memorable quotes
OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Typical Lammetje bug! :lol:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

It's almost like a person will always get the bug he's destined to be annoyed of the most .. :D
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Not a bug, the opposite actually, but since when are we getting these really exact figures for list completion? :blink:

I get those for a few lists - obviously of other lengths than something like 100, 500 or 1000 - and never noticed that before.
PeacefulAnarchy

I think that's an addon
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Could well be, I'm using ICM Enhanced.
monk-time

Post by monk-time »

Torgo wrote: August 7th, 2021, 12:36 pm Could well be, I'm using ICM Enhanced.
Can you try turning GM/TM/VM off and checking again? Because those labels are native, and I don't recall adding anything that changed them, the script only reads those values or moves the cells around.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I think that hover feature has been there for years; I remember coming across it earlier. Only works when you hover over the completion bar in the background.
🧚‍♂️🦫
PeacefulAnarchy

Fergenaprido wrote: August 7th, 2021, 6:25 pm I think that hover feature has been there for years; I remember coming across it earlier. Only works when you hover over the completion bar in the background.
Yeah, but those have always been, and continue to be, rounded to 1 decimal. It sounds like an addon is doing the division itself.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

I actually never use Beta and only noticed this by accident, since the one Sherlock Holmes got kicked off the Mini-Series charts <_< :
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/62 ... askerviley
The whole column for likes, dislikes, favs and especially the IMDb link gets messed up for me, it's greyed out and not accessible - maybe because of the too long title?

Feel free to confirm / deny / explain / condole how I got kicked off the Mini-series Top 1000, making this my lowest rank now
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I believe you are correct; it's because the title and aka are too long.
🧚‍♂️🦫
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I like those inexplicable French shorts that last three minutes and have 93 directors, and the director credits just bleed over the film's entire page in beta.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Oh, indeed, tried just this "small" caliber ..
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/10 ... dream+rush
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Well, wtf :blink:
But: The icons for favs, dislikes and IMDb DO work on those opposed to 42 Dream Rush or Sherlock! I assume the space in which they slide after a 100 paragraphs or so is more favourable ..
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

I am not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I am seeing a bug related to Award count. My profile page says I have 89 awards. But if I click on the awards tab it only shows 87 awards (8 plat, 16 gold, 20 silver, 43 bronze = 87 total).

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/beasterne/

Here is a more extreme example. I found this profile for user Nerd At Large. The award count for this user says 102 awards. However, there are only 22 total awards showing for this user (2 silver, 20 bronze).

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/a ... d+at+large

Any ideas what might be causing this?
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Huh. :blink:
Having a quick look at his profile, he really is closer to 22 awards, but yeah, why?
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

beasterne wrote: August 20th, 2021, 9:48 pm I am not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I am seeing a bug related to Award count. My profile page says I have 89 awards. But if I click on the awards tab it only shows 87 awards (8 plat, 16 gold, 20 silver, 43 bronze = 87 total).

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/beasterne/

Here is a more extreme example. I found this profile for user Nerd At Large. The award count for this user says 102 awards. However, there are only 22 total awards showing for this user (2 silver, 20 bronze).

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/a ... d+at+large

Any ideas what might be causing this?
I don't know if it's been brought up here before, but there's a thread on the official forum that addresses the issue (with temporary fixes in the past), and another user did some testing to figure out the root cause. They think they've found it, and it's been passed on to Marijn. No word on when it may be fixed (if it is possible to fix), but he is aware of the issue. :)
🧚‍♂️🦫
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

That was an entertaining read, thank you for the link! samlowery was tenacious.

Looks like benjapin is still burning up the leaderboards too--20th overall, with (apparently) 187 awards to his name.
PeacefulAnarchy

It's definitely something that's possible fix, and the actual fix should not be hard, however figuring out where in the code to the mistake is to be able to fix it may be quite daunting.

If you want to fix your own profile you can go dark and back again, that fixes the counter.
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

Oh, thank you for that tip, I will do that!

I only realized that this was so widespread when I tried to sort the user list by number of awards to see where I am ranked. However, it looks like that won't be very functional unless the root cause is addressed.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

That permalink doesn't work here :/ But I guessed I found it.

"But I didn’t want him to have all the fun, so last year I created a fake profile called “Award Genie”. It was created specifically to test my theory about bogus awards, and it has worked BRILLIANTLY. On the basis of less than 500 checks, this largely dormant profile “earns” an award (on average) every 4 days. At the current pace, Award Genie should beat benjapin to the top spot by a few months. Keep your fingers crossed!"

lol, that's great. The mysteries of coding sometimes.
PeacefulAnarchy

Torgo wrote: August 20th, 2021, 10:37 pm
That permalink doesn't work here :/ But I guessed I found it.
Ferg linked the wrong thing, I fixed it.