Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 66 released Dec 30th: Is Hype Overhyped?)
Podcast: Talking Images (Special Episode released Jan 8th: The Experiments of Michael Snow)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022 Nov 14 - Dec 12
World Cup - Season 5: Round 1 Schedule, Match 1B (Feb 5th)
Polls: Noir (Results), Spain (Results), Directors (Jan 2nd), 1992 (Jan 28th), Sweden (Jan 31st), China (Feb 7th)
Challenges: 1000<400, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Central Europe
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

2022 Challenges: Preliminary Poll #2

Which of these challenge ideas would you like to see voted for in the final poll?

Poll ended at October 1st, 2021, 12:02 am

366 Weird Movies + Other Weird Lists
11%
Child, Teen and Young Adult Protagonists
3%
Colours! Watch movies with a colour in the title
0%
Courtroom
7%
Directing Debuts
4%
Disabilities
1%
Doubling the Canon iCM List
9%
Famous Actors in Their First Role
1%
Feminist Films
2%
Giallo + Purplewave/Synthsploitation
6%
History Films set before 1900
4%
ICM Forum Yearly Polls, Top 25 films per year
6%
Religion, Cults, Occult, Witchcraft, Shamanism & Sorcery
8%
Rest in Peace - directors/actors who died in the past year
3%
Road movies
5%
Roger Ebert Lists
4%
Rural films
2%
Run the Composer
2%
Run the Writer
2%
Shakespeare on Film
4%
Submissions for the Foreign Language Film Oscar
8%
Work on somebody's else 500<400 or Favourites List
8%

Total votes: 209

sol
Donator

2022 Challenges: Preliminary Poll #2

Post by sol »

For the past three weeks, we have been discussing ideas for the 2022 Official Challenge Schedule.

The thread on this topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5578

In around six days' time, I will be opening private message voting for us to choose which challenge options should make the 2022 lineup. In the meantime, it is necessary for us to narrow down the dozens of potential challenges proposed in order that the final poll is not too cumbersome. At this stage of the proceedings, we will be doing this through a public vote.

Like last year, I have decided that it was best to go with just two preliminary polls (a reduction on the three polls we did in earlier years). This is therefore one of two polls that are being run at the same time. Please make sure that you have had your say in both polls. Since there was no easy way to divide all of the proposed challenge ideas in half, I used https://www.random.org/lists/ to achieve a random order. The first half of the options were placed in one ballot, the other half in the other ballot and then I alphabetised the options for ease of reading.

We are looking for the 10 best performing options across both the preliminary polls to make it into the final poll. With this in mind, I have decided to permit everyone five votes in both preliminary polls. You do NOT have to use all 5+5 votes; only vote for challenge ideas that you think would be viable and which you yourself would actively participate in.

For more information, please read the thread that I have linked to above. Just to clarify, this is a poll, not a discussion thread for ideas (that's now closed). This thread can, however, be used to clarify information regarding the ideas being voted on.

Please avoid using this thread to complain about which options are or are not doing well in the poll. This is only one stage of the voting. :)
|iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | Gold Derby
Long live the new flesh!
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

I voted for 3 of these. I voted for Doubling the Canon ICM list, hoping we also do the DTC nominations again. The working on someone else's 500<400 list sounds interesting but I have many questions about that challenge if it makes it to the final voting stage.
Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Submissions for the Foreign Language Film Oscar: this is every movie ever submitted for the foreign language Oscar by any country? And not just the nominees? Or just those submitted for the 2022 academy awards?
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Yes, every film ever submitted by any country throughout the 20th and 21st century.

AdamH has a whole bunch of these already on iCM, e.g. https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/sout ... ilm/adamh/ and it would be easy to add any others.
|iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | Gold Derby
Long live the new flesh!