Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 60 released October 1st: IMDb vs Letterboxd)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022: Mon Nov 14 - Dec 12
Polls: Music Videos (Results), 2010 (Sep 25th), Senegal (Sep 30th), 500<400 (Oct 3rd), Japan (Oct 31st)
Challenges: Horror, Indian Subcontinent, Each Year
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

DVD/BD Lounge

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

Torgo wrote: August 17th, 2022, 6:03 pm
OldAle1 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 4:16 pm 1159 The Infernal Affairs Trilogy (Andrew Lau/Alan Mak, 2002-3)
This is also going to be a remastered 4K-scan :cheers: (Released on 1080p Blu-ray, no UHD, just to be clear)
Not sure for other EU countries but the 4K restauration is coming in a UHD boxset this October in France. The three films were re-realeased in theaters earlier this spring.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Minkin

Post by Minkin »

OldAle1 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 4:16 pm Criterion November

1157 Daisies (Vera Chytilová, 1966)
1158 The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, 2021)
1159 The Infernal Affairs Trilogy (Andrew Lau/Alan Mak, 2002-3)
1160 Malcolm X (Spike Lee, 1992) (also 4K)

147 In the Mood for Love (Kar-Wai Wong, 2000)
It never made sense to me as to why they dumped Daisies into the Czech Eclipse set - as it's by far and away the only Czech film the Tumblr-ati crowd have ever heard of (but for good reason). So it's nice that they've finally fixed this, even if it's 5 years too late to matter.

Was hoping we'd get another career-spanning box for November, as that's traditionally their month to pull out the big guns, but I guess that's not happening this year (although I suppose the Melvin van Peebles set will suffice).

I guess I have no reason to complain - not like I buy physical media anymore (now who'd like to buy the 500 Criterions sitting on my shelf? :whistling: )
Cinema Safari (Currently working on Inyo County, CA + Zimbabwe upgrade) Help recommend me movies to watch) Letterboxd
She has an illusion, and you have reality. May you find your way as pleasant.
brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface »

Interesting-looking new label from guy who used to work for Arrow. From the opening lineup this looks like more in the ballpark of where Arrow Academy was, mostly 60s/70s with French, German, Italian, Swedish, Japanese films amongst the opening lineup, along with some cult-ish US ones (inc one I've long wanted released in Welcome to the Dollhouse):

https://www.radiancefilms.co.uk/collect ... d-editions
TraverseTown

Post by TraverseTown »

Hope someone in Region A can license these extras from them and do a real boutique version of Welcome to the Dollhouse. Looks like a bunch of the others in Radiance's debut slate will be region free and available in North America from Diabolik or MVD, thankfully for me. This is basically just the spiritual successor to the cancelled Arrow Academy product line.