Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 66 released Dec 30th: Is Hype Overhyped?)
Podcast: Talking Images (Special Episode released Jan 8th: The Experiments of Michael Snow)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022 Nov 14 - Dec 12
World Cup - Season 5: Round 1 Schedule, Match 1B (Feb 5th), Match 1C (Feb 26th)
Polls: 1992 (Results), Directors (Results), Sweden (Results), China (Feb 7th), 1931 (Feb 25th)
Challenges: Academy Awards, France, New Releases
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

Your 2022 Spotify Wrapped

Lakigigar

Your 2022 Spotify Wrapped

Post by Lakigigar »

It's there, almost the end of the year, altho Spotify is arguably too early, well what can you do about it. Share your stats.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

My boyfriend and I swapped the playlists they created for us and I found 10 new songs I liked from his list so was pretty happy about that. Doubt he'll find anything he likes from mine that he didn't already recommend to me lol (only 1 of my top 5 songs he didn't recommend).
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | Letterboxd | Linktree | TSZDT

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

mightysparks wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:04 am your stats
I didn't know you could have podcast stats as well. I didn't have them probably because I never listened a podcast as I prefer to have visual information over auditive. That's probably why I don't often listen lyrical music.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Lakigigar wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:42 pm
mightysparks wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:04 am your stats
I didn't know you could have podcast stats as well. I didn't have them probably because I never listened a podcast as I prefer to have visual information over auditive. That's probably why I don't often listen lyrical music.
I only listen to true crime and the Ricky Gervais Show, other podcasts annoy me. I do prefer true crime with visuals but most YouTubers suck and I’ve already binged all the good content on there. There’s a bit more choice on Spotify.

I think I had 55000 minutes on podcasts with 36000 minutes just for RSK (which I’ve been listening to on repeat since 2013).
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | Letterboxd | Linktree | TSZDT

Good_Will_Harding

Post by Good_Will_Harding »

Don't have a Spotify account, but I'll try to list from memory some of the music that held my attention the most this year.

I saw John Williams live in concert with the Philadelphia Orchestra back in the spring, and this was one of the pieces he selected for the program. A few weeks after attending the concert, I re-watched Close Encounters for the first time in over a decade and was positively floored, and the musical score was a big contributing factor.

2021 saw a lot of musicals getting released, and this is one of the ones whose soundtrack I returned to the most. Not saying it's anything groundbreaking or masterful, more like exceedingly catchy and memorable.

Between being featured prominently in Top Gun: Maverick and getting lots of airtime on a number of the local radio stations, this one song came to represent the summer months of this year more than just about anything else, for better or worse. And it's one of the few current pop hits where I don't immediately switch to another station when it comes on, so there's that.

Yes, this is partly due to the overblown Hollywood biopic that got released this year, but my mom also is a huge Elvis fangirl and throughout most of my childhood, I remember hearing a lot of his stuff getting replayed quite often. This particular song wasn't featured in our household as often as some of the more well known hits, but seeing it utilized during a key sequence in the Luhrmann film brought back some unexpectedly nostalgic memories.

I re-watched the modern German masterpiece Phoenix this summer, and a version of this tune plays a vital role in it, so I sought out some variations on the song and liked this one the best.

Without a doubt my pick for the best musical score of the year, whether for film or television. Also probably my favorite score of the entire 2020's so far, and the one single aspect of this new Amazon series that's worthy of Peter Jackson's film trilogy, as well as Tolkien's original writings.

Even though I haven't been too keen on this newest trilogy of Halloween films (with the most recently released film being the only one that left any sort of impression on me), any excuse for John Carpenter to contribute more new music to the franchise is reason enough to be content.

Similar to what I said about any new music by Carpenter being reason enough to celebrate, that goes triple for John Williams, who at this point I'd be comfortable calling the one and only genius still living and working in film music scoring. While this newest score might not immediately jump out to the listener as being on the same level as some of his more revered works, repeated listens reveal the same level of thought and attention to detail, as well as just downright talented writing, that made his most popular music soar to such emotional heights.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Image Image
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

You didn't seem like someone to me who would a post Wrapped of theirs in a completely unironical way :D
AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH »

We got one for the Talking Images podcast. Hooray for stats!

-You created 1,249 minutes of new content. More than 78% of others in the TV & film category
-#1 ep was Bresson. 305% more streams than your average episode
-Heard in 28 countries. 1) Australia, 2) US, 3) UK, 4) Norway, 5) Netherlands
-20% of our listeners follow the podcast (I follow it but, annoying, I don't get notifications when episodes are posted, I don't get them for any podcasts anymore but I used to, not sure why)
-In the top 30% most followed podcasts
-Our listeners personality is 'The Adventurer'. Your listeners venture out into the unknown, searching for fresher podcasts and gems yet to be found
-18% more followers this year
-Top 10 podcast for 36 fans, top 5 podcast for 26 fans, top 1 podcast for 9 fans (with my personal account, the podcast is my second most listened to one after a weekly Hearts (football) podcast
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

i haven't fully listened to one podcast, except maybe a large part of 1 (the fav films one) and i haven't listened any other podcast from what i remember, so it's possible it would be a top 1 podcast for me. Interesting stats though.