Watch as many documentaries as you can through December.
- Each feature film (over 40 minutes) counts as one entry.
- 80 minutes of short films or miniseries/TV episodes counts as one entry.
- Rewatches are allowed and are good for the soul.
- Please include year of release when listing your viewings.
- Do not edit your posts to add new watches, just create a new one.
- Polite request - say something, or at least provide a rating, when you report your viewings so we know how well you liked it (or not)
Float your extra minutes of shorts/episodes!
For shorts/episodes where your total runtime is over 80 minutes, divide by 80, count those points, and float the rest in a "bank" to be used to make another full points. For example:
1-6. The Last Dance (2020, 497m) - float 17m
7. Shorts (63m + 17m from float)
Challenge runs from December 1st, 2021 - December 31st, 2021 in your local time zone
Official Documentary Lists
100 Documentary Films (BFI Screen Guide)
Harvard University's Suggested Film Viewing List: Non-Fiction Films (2012)
Sight and Sound -The Greatest Documentaries of All Time
Academy Awards Best Documentary
Documentaries on Any Official List
Bonus Challenge #1: Watch the documentary films from the ICMF-FF6 slates
Eligible films are listed below. If you watch one of these films, please note it with #ICMF-FF6
Acasa, My Home (2020) - seen 2 times
Elementa (2020) - seen 0 times
Êxtase (2020) - seen 0 times
Stop Filming Us (2020) - seen 1 times
V síti (2020) - seen 2 times
Ne croyez surtout pas que je hurle (2019) - seen 1 times
A Metamorfose dos Pássaros (2020) - seen 0 times
Ornithes (I pos na gineis pouli) (2020) - seen 0 times
Petite fille (2020) - seen 0 times
Bonus Challenge #2: Documentary Scavenger Hunt
How about a documentary scavenger hunt? You watch a documentary with one of the features, tag it with the appropriate hashtag. The first 15 are relatively straightforward... the last five are for the more hardcore players. One hashtag per documentary.
1. #Wiseman - Anything directed by Frederick Wiseman
2. #WorldLeader - A documentary that features, in some way, a head of state from any country
3. #Movies - A documentary about the movies!
4. #TrueCrime - Obvious, but please don't film yourself committing crimes.
5. #Environment - A documentary about some sort of environmental issues and/or nature.
6. #Food - A documentary about food. The thing that most of us eat. Multiple times daily, even.
7. #Nudity - A documentary with nudity in it. Nudity is restricted to humans.
8. #LGBTQ - Any documentary on LGBTQ+ issues.
9. #Sports - Another obvious one. Any sport.
10. #Biography - A biographical documentary. About anyone.
11. #Vroom - A documentary about cars, trucks, racing, etc.
12. #Pre1950 - Any documentary that was released before 1950
13. #Docuseries - Any documentary miniseries on any topic. Must complete the series to claim this.
14. #ErinLeeCarr - Anything directed by Erin Lee Carr
15. #Conspiracy - A documentary on a conspiracy theory of your choice. Like how Kubrick faked the moon landing, but insisted on shooting on location.
16. #Liberia - A documentary about the Liberian civil war and its aftermath.
17. #Import - A documentary that you had to import into ICM. You watched it, you imported it, you checked it, you get to claim this one.
18. #Insect - A documentary with some insect as its primary subject material
19. #Rothrock - A documentary featuring Cynthia Rothrock
20. #HomeSweetHome - A documentary focusing on a city where you have personally lived. Comments about your connection to it are required.
Bonus Challenge 2 Stats