Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 56 released August 1st: Is Found Footage the Worst Thing to Happen to Cinema?)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022: Mon Nov 14 - Dec 12
Polls: Swan Songs (Results), Germany (May 30th), New Zealand (Jul 3rd), 1962 (Jul 30th), Performers (Jul 31st), Unofficial Checks (Jul 31st), Brazil (Jul 31st), Philippines (Aug 31st)
Challenges: Canadian, Unofficial Movies, Personal Toplists
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

iCM Bugs

gunnar

Post by gunnar »

My gap is seven official checks, which I think is the same as when I looked a couple of weeks ago.
Dimitris Psachos Springer

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Is there an issue (still?) with awards being received? I was supposed to have gained a Platinum for IMDb Music, but it hasn't showed up at all so far in my awards list. On the other hand, I'm not meant to be in possession of IMDb Top 250 Platinum, but it keeps showing it for a week now.

Another (new?) IcheckMovies bug?
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Dimitris Psachos Springer wrote: ↑May 11th, 2022, 9:07 pm Is there an issue (still?) with awards being received? I was supposed to have gained a Platinum for IMDb Music, but it hasn't showed up at all so far in my awards list. On the other hand, I'm not meant to be in possession of IMDb Top 250 Platinum, but it keeps showing it for a week now.

I think the imdb awards only get handed out biweekly after the list updates if it's because of the update. If it's because you check off a film it should be instantaneous. I just got a new award a few days ago, so they're working in general, but it wasn't an imdb award, it was from checking.

Is it just those two? And was your music plat from you checking a film or from a list update?
Cinematic Omnivore πŸ§šβ€β™‚οΈπŸ¦«
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Just an aside on the topic. I lost my DtC bronze due to the update but watched the 500th film last night. The new award wasn't "instantaneous". I watched a twenty-minute short and it was there when I checked that film. So while I can't say if if was awarded five, ten, or eighteen minutes later, it was there. Did attain a platinum on a non-IMDb list after I watched the final title a couple days earlier. That was awarded in true instantaneous fashion, so my reaction is that there must have been some system demand that delayed the DtC bronze for a few minutes.
Dimitris Psachos Springer

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Fergenaprido wrote: ↑May 11th, 2022, 9:26 pm
Dimitris Psachos Springer wrote: ↑May 11th, 2022, 9:07 pm Is there an issue (still?) with awards being received? I was supposed to have gained a Platinum for IMDb Music, but it hasn't showed up at all so far in my awards list. On the other hand, I'm not meant to be in possession of IMDb Top 250 Platinum, but it keeps showing it for a week now.

I think the imdb awards only get handed out biweekly after the list updates if it's because of the update. If it's because you check off a film it should be instantaneous. I just got a new award a few days ago, so they're working in general, but it wasn't an imdb award, it was from checking.

Is it just those two? And was your music plat from you checking a film or from a list update?
Whenever I receive an award (for the past year at least), it either shows after a short while or after an hour or so, but never has this been ongoing for more than a day now. I "gained" a Platinum award for Music thanks to Kolja and I noticed today when I logged in that it DOES show my winning award...only it's the Platinum from March 28th :circle:

Nevertheless, I'm still one check away from gaining a Platinum in IMDb Top 250 and the Platinum award is proudly hanging like I never lost it, ever since I gained it 3 weeks ago. I'll report again once I attain a different, non-IMDb award, but what's bugging me is that we're supposed to be losing/re-gaining awards and it's as if I...never lost them :blink: (or never re-gained them etc)
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Hmm. That is weird indeed. Which account is this?
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

So the Belgian award list had an update over two months ago, but I just got an message saying that I lost my bronze award on it. I’m pretty sure I had it until now too.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

72aicm wrote: ↑May 18th, 2022, 3:27 pm So the Belgian award list had an update over two months ago, but I just got an message saying that I lost my bronze award on it. I’m pretty sure I had it until now too.
It could be a system correction. I got a bunch of award updates yesterday too, for lists that hadn't changed in a bit.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Marijn found the issue with some awards not being generated correctly, so that bug should be fixed now.

Also, the issue with Episodes missing the name of the tv series in the url & title on icm should also be resolved. It still might not work in a small minority of cases, but should be working for most.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Thanks for briefing us about the construction work being done in the background. :sweat:
shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

Anyone else experiencing slow checks? I usually check stuff in bulk, and always have one or two checks that are either super slow or timeout completely. It's been at least 6 months since it's like this.
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

I can't access the "add movie" page on beta... I get either a 503 or a 504 error.
This is the voice of world control. πŸ€– - iCM
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Hunziker wrote: ↑May 28th, 2022, 5:36 pm I can't access the "add movie" page on beta... I get either a 503 or a 504 error.
Page loads for me, so it may have been a temporary thing.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

yeah, no problems for me either. Have you tried restarting your browser? I had some issues the other day since my browser had automatically started the update process and wanted a reboot, but I had something in process that I couldn't easily save until I finished. So, for the day or so interim, my browser was really annoying, but after the reboot everything went back to normal.

If that doesn't work, I'd look at clearing iCM cookies and cache
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

So the update finally happened huh? ICM slow af for me, started with a 503 error before it loaded after several attempts.
Now this:
504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.
cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage »

Torgo wrote: ↑June 25th, 2022, 1:37 pm So the update finally happened huh? ICM slow af for me, started with a 503 error before it loaded after several attempts.
Now this:
504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.
I'm having the same issue.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Thanks for confirming :)

I just realize that even the ICM-hosted list logos (for signature purposes) don't load for me now, as in sol's post about the new lists - it's completely empty for me aside from his smiley: viewtopic.php?t=848&start=6920#p768830

[edit]Update - seems to be back working :ICM:
Tasselfoot

Post by Tasselfoot »

Looks like awards aren't awarding for the newly adopted lists? I don't have my Plat on Cult list, Silver on 2020s (both earned pre-adoption), nor do I have a Bronze on the Oscar Doc list, which I just earned (checked film #41 a few minutes ago).
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

Tasselfoot wrote: ↑June 28th, 2022, 7:03 pm Looks like awards aren't awarding for the newly adopted lists? I don't have my Plat on Cult list, Silver on 2020s (both earned pre-adoption), nor do I have a Bronze on the Oscar Doc list, which I just earned (checked film #41 a few minutes ago).
That happened with the Oscar Doc list for me. I was at 80/81 and it didn't give me the gold. I just checked and unchecked the last film and I had my gold. However, I haven't been able to get the IMDb 2020 list to give me the silver (I'm at 44/50).

Edit - I checked all six remaining films, waited a few seconds and then unchecked all six and I have my silver for IMDb 2020.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

The awards for newly adopted lists always seem to cause problems each time, and take longer than usual. I'm going to wait a few more days before flagging this to Marijn because I suspect it will sort itself out. If they're still missing by the end of the week, remind me. :pray:
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

The usual unchecked & checked one movie has been very successfull for the last 4 adoptions lists
Minkin

Post by Minkin »

This isn't much of a bug, but on the "edit a list" page, it says the following
Here you can edit your top list's movies, adding or removing movies to it. You and even re-order the movies by dragging and dropping them.
I think it meant to say "can"
Cinema Safari (Currently working on Inyo County, CA + Zimbabwe upgrade) Help recommend me movies to watch) Letterboxd
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Minkin wrote: ↑July 3rd, 2022, 3:07 pm This isn't much of a bug, but on the "edit a list" page, it says the following
Here you can edit your top list's movies, adding or removing movies to it. You and even re-order the movies by dragging and dropping them.
I think it meant to say "can"
Keen eye. I've reported it to Marijn, thanks. :)
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Just another major, major bug.....

Has no one else noticed that, for about five weeks now, importing a new film to ICM from IMDb does not import the genre(s)?

Look at the below link. Near the bottom of the page, you can see a few films with genres. But that's the last time this worked. The last 93 beta pages (93 x 50 = 4650 items) of additions are all missing genres.

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=93

(By the time others read this post, the last film with a genre probably will be on the 94th page rather than the 93rd.)
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Ebbywebby wrote: ↑July 3rd, 2022, 9:15 pm Just another major, major bug.....

Has no one else noticed that, for about five weeks now, importing a new film to ICM from IMDb does not import the genre(s)?

Look at the below link. Near the bottom of the page, you can see a few films with genres. But that's the last time this worked. The last 93 beta pages (93 x 50 = 4650 items) of additions are all missing genres.

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=93

(By the time others read this post, the last film with a genre probably will be on the 94th page rather than the 93rd.)
I haven't imported any films the past two months, so no, I didn't notice. :P

I have noticed that some genre updates weren't taking, but I thought it was related to a limit of 3 genres being reintroduced. Could be related.

I'll report this to Marijn.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

IMDB changed something which caused the genres to not update/import. Marijn has updated the parser and it is now working again.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Cool. But the damage is done. I'll update some of those 4600 items without genres, but I doubt I'll get around to all of them.

Music videos still won't import director credits, though.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

FYI, if you're updating some of these, you can update directly from the search page, you don't have to open the film page. Currently it seems the pages with issues are 15 to 82
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Currently, the no-genre gap runs from about....

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=23

to

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=70

I've filled in some pages -- who's going to help fill in more? Just start at either end of the gap and work inward. Open the page, scroll down the items and click the "three dots" for each item to reveal the "Update Info" option. Bam bam bam bam. I just did another page, and it only took me about 80 seconds to complete. It'd be a lot easier to do on a desktop than a phone, I suspect.

If you open page 23 or 70 and the genres are filled in, that means someone else did some work. So...just shift to the next page. But of course the gap will continue to shift as more new items are added to ICM. So if you start at page 70, check page 71 first for items that might have been pushed to the next page....

Some missing directors or runtimes also might get filled in, as a happy accident. But that bug with music videos not importing director names continues. :(

We can do this.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I've been working on it as well a bit, from the older end.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Between 35 and 60 now. I see someone else has done some work on this...hopefully, it's not just Fergenaprido and me.

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=35
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/?s ... ed&page=60
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

I'm joining your droll round :cheers:

But in all honesty: I'm going to skip this Atheist Experience nonsense. It's just wrong.

Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

This should be all. I didn't only skip Atheist Experience, which I refuse to get tendonitis for, but also the Broken Vow Marriage, whatever TV series that is. Whoever adds all that gibberish to our database can clean it up themselves. :yucky:
Also did WAY more Wrestling episodes than I actually intended to. I wonder how many of the 848,000 checks on ICM won't ever be accessed by a human being again. 500,000? 700,000?
Last edited by Torgo on July 7th, 2022, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Torgo wrote: ↑July 6th, 2022, 11:32 pm But in all honesty: I'm going to skip this Atheist Experience nonsense. It's just wrong.
Thanks for the help...now the upper boundary is page 50.

I figured AXP was just snippets 5-15 minutes long, but I just checked YouTube and they're actually more like 90-100. Huh. Can't imagine regularly sitting through that.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Ebbywebby wrote: ↑July 7th, 2022, 12:02 am
Torgo wrote: ↑July 6th, 2022, 11:32 pm But in all honesty: I'm going to skip this Atheist Experience nonsense. It's just wrong.
Thanks for the help...now the upper boundary is page 50.

I figured AXP was just snippets 5-15 minutes long, but I just checked YouTube and they're actually more like 90-100. Huh. Can't imagine regularly sitting through that.
I can't understand that at all. Who wants to watch such a thing? I went through a brief religious phase before I figured myself out, but I identify rather comfortably now as an atheist. The whole point of being an atheist is not having a religion and not giving a shit. If you're making 90 minute videos about atheism, that's just a church service without the God. I don't want anybody's church. Count me out.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ (she/her)
Mr. Blonde wrote: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
First to check CODA (2021)
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I just updated some more items...I think the job is done now. Thanks to whoever else who contributed.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Yeh, I did a bunch (the last of the Atheists and a few stragglers) and it looks done to me now too.

I don't mind people importing random shit if they're actually checking it. But importing it and then not checking it or adding it to a list or watchlist... doesn't make sense to me (especially for tv espisodes).
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Fergenaprido wrote: ↑July 7th, 2022, 12:34 am Yeh, I did a bunch (the last of the Atheists and a few stragglers) and it looks done to me now too.

I don't mind people importing random shit if they're actually checking it. But importing it and then not checking it or adding it to a list or watchlist... doesn't make sense to me (especially for tv espisodes).
I add tons of titles to iCM without checking it and with adding it to a list. What's wrong with that?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

joachimt wrote: ↑July 7th, 2022, 4:54 am
Fergenaprido wrote: ↑July 7th, 2022, 12:34 am Yeh, I did a bunch (the last of the Atheists and a few stragglers) and it looks done to me now too.

I add tons of titles to iCM without checking it and with adding it to a list. What's wrong with that?
I never said it was wrong, just that I don't understand it. :) I do import a handful of films every now again that I haven't seen nor add to a list, usually to fill out a director's filmography.

I simply fail to see what is useful about importing 100 or so episodes of a tv show with little to no information, and then not checking it. How does that benefit anyone? Incomplete information (most are lacking runtimes, directors, even ratings from imdb), no personal benefit to increase check count to keep track of them... I just don't understand why someone would go to all that effort for a show they haven't seen. Sure, it's possible that they are watching/planning to watch it and want everything ready, but it's been a few weeks now and still no checks. And the show is obscure enough that it's unlikely that no one else is looking for it on icm. :shrug:
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

joachimt wrote: ↑July 7th, 2022, 4:54 am I add tons of titles to iCM without checking it and with adding it to a list.
"Tons"? Wow. TV or film? What's the motivation?

When I (occasionally) do this, it's almost always because there's a director who interests me and has films on IMDb that aren't on ICM.