Welcome to the ICM Forum.
Check out our Magazine

If you notice any issues please post in the Q&A thread. Email issue should be fixed. If you encounter this issue, contact PeacefulAnarchy
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 50 released May 1st: Being There feat. Autism Through Cinema)
iCinema Magazine: WE ARE LIVE! (We just need more content)
ICMForum Film Festival 2022: Mon Nov 14 - Dec 12
Polls: Contemporary Black&White (Results), Favorite Movies (Results), Directors (Closed), 1953 (May 22nd), Germany (May 30th), 1990s (May 31st)
Challenges: Western, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Religion, Cults, Sorcery
About: Welcome All New Members, Terms of Use, Q&A

What got you to Platinum?

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Tanin no kao/ The Face of Another 1966.
The finale view on my only platinum list, IMDB Horror top 50. I just never made an attempt to seek it out until January...
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

It didn't get me to Platinum, but Jagten (2012) got me tied for first place on the Academy Award International Film Nominees list. I think that all of us at the top still need Portrait of Chieko (1967) which only a few people on ICM have (supposedly) seen. It isn't generally available, though it does exist.
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

18th Platinum - IMDb's Animation Top 50 - Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

It had its moments, but I'm not a big fan of this anime series.
Tasselfoot

Post by Tasselfoot »

Finished the BFI 100 Docs list. Like other recent completions, did not particularly enjoy the final 10-15 entries very much. Seems to be a trend. I wonder if it's because I've previously seen all the "better" films already, so the cleanup has already been whittled down to the ones I'm least interested in.
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

peeptoad wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:17 pm Tanin no kao/ The Face of Another 1966.
The finale view on my only platinum list, IMDB Horror top 50. I just never made an attempt to seek it out until January...
...aaaaand lost the plat since the list got updated. Prob be a while before I see It's a Beautiful Day, alas.
jmarasco

Post by jmarasco »

It wasn't a check, but the latest update of the IMDB Action Top 50 got me to platinum with the addition of Safety Last! My most recent check there was Villeneuve's Dune, which is easily one of my favorite movies of the century.
Tasselfoot

Post by Tasselfoot »

Tasselfoot wrote: April 16th, 2022, 11:53 am
Torgo wrote: April 16th, 2022, 12:20 am
Tasselfoot wrote: April 15th, 2022, 10:35 pm Although there's a minor bug that I noticed a few weeks ago that hasn't corrected... the IMDb Top 250 award shows as Gold (as of May 2021) on my Awards page, but I have Plat on it, as of the great reorganization of 2022.
Can confirm his observation: https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/a ... tasselfoot
Maybe unchecking and rechecking a film might fix it?
Unchecked and rechecked Shawshank Redemption... resulted in getting 2 of these emails:
Interestingly, the "lost" email didn't include IMDb Top 250 (since the site thinks it's Gold to begin with), but the "found" email did. Sadly, the Awards page still shows it as Gold. Definitely a bug.

edit: nevermind... somewhere in the past however many minutes... it updated and fixed itself. Woo!
Lol. A mafia film popped in and out of the 250 in the past week... so i lost and regained this Plat. Except the bug came back and it's not updating the award to Plat. Cool, cool.
Tasselfoot

Post by Tasselfoot »

Finished TimeOut's 100 Best British Films. Have both British lists finished (and BAFTA, if that counts, too).

Puts me at 88 finished lists. Up next is BFI's Animation list.... which you can't actually get Plat on, cause lost film. But will finish it for 99/100.