Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 21 released November 9th)
4th ICM Film Festival Main Thread (Fest is Nov16-Dec14)
Polls: 1966 (Results), Silents (Nov 29th), 1944 (Dec 18th)
Challenges: Noir, Mexico, Unofficial
Film of the Week: L'eau froide, December nominations (Nov 27th)
World Cup S4: Final: Germany vs Poland (Dec 1st)

The thread where we post links to lists

Fergenaprido
Donator

Re: The thread where we post links to lists

Post by Fergenaprido » May 12th, 2020, 7:20 pm

mjf314 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:05 pm
I added this list to iCM: They Shoot Nollywood Pictures, Don't They?

Most of these films are on Youtube, and most of them are in English, so you won't need subs.
Link doesn't work and I can't find it on icm through search. Perhaps it's still private?

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 12th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Sorry, I just set it to public.

Chilton

Post by Chilton » May 14th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Just made a list of BFI's The best Japanese film of every year – from 1925 to 2019 to celebrate BFI's spotlight on Japanese cinema.
Last edited by Chilton on May 14th, 2020, 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Chilton wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Just made a list of BFI's The best Japanese film of every year – from 1925 to 2019 to celebrate BFI's spotlight on Japanese cinema.
LOL, I did too: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/bfis ... ulanarchy/

Chilton

Post by Chilton » May 14th, 2020, 5:59 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm
Chilton wrote:
LOL, I did too: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/bfis ... ulanarchy/
Yes, I just noticed that you were actually slightly ahead of me putting this list on ICM. Sorry, Peaceful!

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 14th, 2020, 6:25 pm

I love that musical list - sure it's got plenty of obvious choices, but it doesn't stick with just Hollywood, or even just Hollywood & Bollywood. Really continue to be impressed with the quality of most BFI lists - I don't know that there's any large organization like it that does better.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 14th, 2020, 6:38 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 6:25 pm
I love that musical list - sure it's got plenty of obvious choices, but it doesn't stick with just Hollywood, or even just Hollywood & Bollywood. Really continue to be impressed with the quality of most BFI lists - I don't know that there's any large organization like it that does better.
Does the iCM Forum count as a large organization?

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 14th, 2020, 6:48 pm

I think the Japanese BFI list is pretty baffling.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 14th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 6:48 pm
How is it baffling? Whether it's good or bad or interesting or boring is debatable, of course, but it doesn't feel too baffling. Baffling to me means a list is incongruous in some noticeable way.
Early years are heavy canon, mid years are canon skewed slightly off by taste, recent years are critically acclaimed but with the modern perspective of seeing them as they come out. There's also some preference for certain directors but it doesn't seem all that odd or inconsistent with itself.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 14th, 2020, 8:24 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:14 pm
Onderhond wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 6:48 pm
How is it baffling? Whether it's good or bad or interesting or boring is debatable, of course, but it doesn't feel too baffling. Baffling to me means a list is incongruous in some noticeable way.
Early years are heavy canon, mid years are canon skewed slightly off by taste, recent years are critically acclaimed but with the modern perspective of seeing them as they come out. There's also some preference for certain directors but it doesn't seem all that odd or inconsistent with itself.
+1. And I don't know how someone who dislikes or hates virtually 100% of pre-1990 cinema can say that any list that by definition deals mostly with earlier years is "baffling". Too many films that he considers irredeemable garbage instead of better choices that are merely terrible?

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
Baffling because it's a random mix of obvious canon and lesser known arthouse director favorites (but not always their most obvious films). Mixed in with some popular choices for good measure? There's really no clear line here.

It also seems they "sacrificed" certain better choices in order to cram in a lesser know films of a director that was still missing from the list (if you really want Hosoda, why go for Summer Wars? And Nishikawa surely has better films than Wild Berries, a poor sacrifice for 2003). But then they do have 3 Koreeda's in a span of 14 years? Or some extremely poor choices like Linda Linda Linda. But no Sogo Ishii or Mamoru Oshii?

No doubt there are some self-imposed rules (like UK release requirements) that have influenced the list, but it makes no sense as a personal favorites list, nor as a canon list.

Baffling.
OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:24 pm
+1. And I don't know how someone who dislikes or hates virtually 100% of pre-1990 cinema can say that any list that by definition deals mostly with earlier years is "baffling". Too many films that he considers irredeemable garbage instead of better choices that are merely terrible?
Speaking mostly of 1980s-2020 period.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 14th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
Baffling because it's a random mix of obvious canon and lesser known arthouse director favorites (but not always their most obvious films). Mixed in with some popular choices for good measure? There's really no clear line here.

It also seems they "sacrificed" certain better choices in order to cram in a lesser know films of a director that was still missing from the list (if you really want Hosoda, why go for Summer Wars? And Nishikawa surely has better films than Wild Berries, a poor sacrifice for 2003). But then they do have 3 Koreeda's in a span of 14 years? Or some extremely poor choices like Linda Linda Linda. But no Sogo Ishii or Mamoru Oshii?

No doubt there are some self-imposed rules (like UK release requirements) that have influenced the list, but it makes no sense as a personal favorites list, nor as a canon list.

Baffling.
I think this is an inherent issue with the restriction of 1-per-year though; no matter how you slice it you're going to end up with some choices that look weird to people that really know the period/genre/country. As much as I like the musicals list, it's certainly an issue there - I''m glad The Umbrellas of Cherbourg was the 1964 pick, but a list without Mary Poppins or My Fair Lady seems weird.

Honestly any list of 100 or fewer titles that purports to say anything about a country as rich as Japan or a genre as rich as the musical is fairly useless when it comes down to it. But then I don't feel the need for "starter" lists anymore myself, for the most part, and it's hard for me to get into the mindset of somebody who has only seen 4 Japanese films or 7 French films or 2 westerns. For those people this 1-a-year kind of thing is probably just as good as a ranked top 100.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 14th, 2020, 8:53 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:45 pm
I think this is an inherent issue with the restriction of 1-per-year though; no matter how you slice it you're going to end up with some choices that look weird to people that really know the period/genre/country. As much as I like the musicals list, it's certainly an issue there - I''m glad The Umbrellas of Cherbourg was the 1964 pick, but a list without Mary Poppins or My Fair Lady seems weird.
Sure, but that's not the point I was making at all. I understand it can be tough to pick when several classics are lined up against each other (though for '97 for example, it's hard to place Cure and Hana-bi on the same level), but then you have '95 where Ghost in the Shell is dropped for Ryosuke Hashiguchi's Like Grains of Sand?

I think they tried to balance one too many things in a type of list that is already quite hard to compose and ended up with something random. Might be that the earlier years make more sense though.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 14th, 2020, 9:15 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:53 pm
OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:45 pm
Sure, but that's not the point I was making at all. I understand it can be tough to pick when several classics are lined up against each other (though for '97 for example, it's hard to place Cure and Hana-bi on the same level), but then you have '95 where Ghost in the Shell is dropped for Ryosuke Hashiguchi's Like Grains of Sand?

I think they tried to balance one too many things in a type of list that is already quite hard to compose and ended up with something random. Might be that the earlier years make more sense though.
No the earlier years are problematic as well - one thing that jumps out at me is that there are only 2 Akira Kurosawa films, and that neither famous version of The Ballad of Narayama is there; no version of 47 Ronin, no film about Miyamoto Musashi, no Godzilla or kaiju films generally. But again this is inevitable and even if some choices are indeed "baffling" I'm not sure how it could be otherwise given the restriction - and your perspective and mine are both as limited (or more so, certainly in my case) as those of the list-makers, so I"m sure our lists would be greeted with the same "how could you pick this instead of that" responses.

But for all my caveats I stand by my general feelings about the BFI lists: they are as wide-ranging and well thought-out as lists of only 100 or fewer films can be. I'm just about done with their western (official) list and I suspect I"ll tackle the musical one before long; unlike the AFI lists, or IMDb lists, or most other short lists, I expect to find at least a little bit of the unexpected with these.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 14th, 2020, 9:34 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:15 pm
But again this is inevitable and even if some choices are indeed "baffling" I'm not sure how it could be otherwise given the restriction
They could go with actual canon-like films and try to make a more weighted list with that.
Or make it more about the personal choices of the critics and not really influence the list beyond that.

The list would at least have a clear vision. Now it's just a muddled mess that could've just been made with a randomizer.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 14th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:34 pm
OldAle1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:15 pm
But again this is inevitable and even if some choices are indeed "baffling" I'm not sure how it could be otherwise given the restriction
They could go with actual canon-like films and try to make a more weighted list with that.
Or make it more about the personal choices of the critics and not really influence the list beyond that.

The list would at least have a clear vision. Now it's just a muddled mess that could've just been made with a randomizer.
I guess that's what you get when you try to balance the personal with the canonical. I guess it just doesn't bother me that much, but then I'm not nearly as familiar with any era in Japanese film as you are with the last 30 years.

zhangalan

Post by zhangalan » May 15th, 2020, 12:13 am

Chilton wrote:
Thanks!
Nice list, will definitely explore the films.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 16th, 2020, 2:32 am

I compiled a list of the iCM Forum's 5 favorite films of each country: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... ry/mjf314/

103 countries are included so far.

I only included films that received more than 100 points in the poll, and I limited it to 1 film per director per country.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes (e.g. a missing film, or a film assigned to the wrong country). Especially with the co-productions, it's easy to make a mistake.

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » May 16th, 2020, 3:10 am

mjf314 wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 2:32 am
I compiled a list of the iCM Forum's 5 favorite films of each country: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... ry/mjf314/

103 countries are included so far.

I only included films that received more than 100 points in the poll, and I limited it to 1 film per director per country.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes (e.g. a missing film, or a film assigned to the wrong country). Especially with the co-productions, it's easy to make a mistake.
You have 6 Iranian films:
A Separation
Close-Up
A Moment of Innocence
Children of Heaven
The House is Black
Turtles Can Fly

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 16th, 2020, 3:25 am

I counted Turtles Can Fly as an Iraqi film because it's a co-production, and it's about Iraq and was filmed in Iraq (but admittedly, I didn't have a very consistent method of picking countries).

zhangalan

Post by zhangalan » May 16th, 2020, 3:55 am

As mentioned by Angel before, the 90s poll of World of Reel finally comes out.
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2020/5/1990s

zhangalan

Post by zhangalan » May 16th, 2020, 3:58 am

Fergenaprido wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 7:19 am
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 10:24 am
I've shared this with my Iranian colleague (as well as the ballots from 2009) and he said he'd take a look and try to find the individual ballots for us, and if he can't do that he'll write to the magazine to try and get them.
Any update on this?
Fergenaprido wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 3:23 am
Not yet. I'll ask him today when I see him.
So when I spoke to him on Thursday his response was "Sorry I completely forgot about it" but then he sent them an email right away.
Update today so far is "BTW I have send that website an email but no response up to now" and I didn't even have to ask him about it.
Hopefully we get something to work with before the year is over.
Hi Fergenaprido,
Just curious, is there any update?

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » May 16th, 2020, 10:36 am

zhangalan wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 3:58 am
Fergenaprido wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Any update on this?
Fergenaprido wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 3:23 am
Not yet. I'll ask him today when I see him.
So when I spoke to him on Thursday his response was "Sorry I completely forgot about it" but then he sent them an email right away.
Update today so far is "BTW I have send that website an email but no response up to now" and I didn't even have to ask him about it.
Hi Fergenaprido,
Sadly, no. He's emailed them a couple of times but never received a response.

zhangalan

Post by zhangalan » May 16th, 2020, 11:00 am

Fergenaprido wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 10:36 am
zhangalan wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 3:58 am
Fergenaprido wrote:

Hi Fergenaprido,
Sadly, no. He's emailed them a couple of times but never received a response.
Thanks for your update, mate.
Then I guess we can only give up.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 20th, 2020, 3:21 pm

mjf314 wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 1:16 am
https://pinoyrebyu.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... the-2010s/
Pinoy Rebyu's The 50 Most Well-Loved Pinoy Films of the 2010’s
Voted by 106 filmmakers and critics.
Ballots: https://pinoyrebyu.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... l-ballots/
I added this list to iCM: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/pino ... 0s/mjf314/

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 20th, 2020, 3:43 pm

mjf314 wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 3:21 pm
mjf314 wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 1:16 am
https://pinoyrebyu.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... the-2010s/
Pinoy Rebyu's The 50 Most Well-Loved Pinoy Films of the 2010’s
Voted by 106 filmmakers and critics.
Ballots: https://pinoyrebyu.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... l-ballots/
I added this list to iCM: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/pino ... 0s/mjf314/
Cool thanks! Since we're on the subject of the Philippines, here's a list of the Gawad Urian award winners - the principal critics' association in the country I guess - that I added a little while ago

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/gawa ... zzlehatch/

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 21st, 2020, 3:10 pm

https://china-underground.com/wp/2019/1 ... and-china/
China Underground's 15+ essential documentaries to watch to understand China

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/china/a ... your-life/
Culture Trip's 10 Eye-Opening Chinese Documentaries

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » May 23rd, 2020, 12:04 am

https://www.amazon.com/Nollywood-Creati ... 022638795X
Nollywood: The Creation of Nigerian Film Genres

There's a filmography section on page 325.

beasterne

Post by beasterne » May 23rd, 2020, 1:06 am

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2020/5 ... tusmavghk4

World of Reel poll of the best movies of the 2000s (2000-2009). Each surveyed participant submitted an unranked top 5, and the individual ballots are available.

Timec

Post by Timec » May 25th, 2020, 2:37 pm

It looks like you can't access the list without a subscription, but the latest issue of Sight & Sound has a list of 50 essential anime films chosen by "sixteen anime experts."
From the breakthrough of Akira in 1988 through the exquisite films of Miyazaki Hayao to the recent blockbuster Your Name, Japanese animation has captivated audiences around the world. But anime’s history runs deeper still. Here we select 50 titles that celebrate its full, fascinating riches. Introduced by Nick Bradshaw.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » June 2nd, 2020, 1:54 am

After several days of crawling Mubi, I now have a spreadsheet with data for about 44000 films. I sorted them using the formula "(rating*votes+6*30)/(votes+30)".

Here's the top 100 with fewer than 1000 votes:
SpoilerShow
As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty (2000)
The Play (2005)
Shoah (1985)
The Human Condition (1959)
Cosmos (1980)
A Brighter Summer Day (1991)
Gamak Ghar (2019)
O.J.: Made in America (2016)
Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda (2017)
Homeland (Iraq Year Zero) (2015)
Paths of the Soul (2015)
Marketa Lazarová (1967)
Maria: Don't Forget I Come From the Tropics (2017)
Tale of Tales (1979)
Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 3: Rails (2002)
Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 1: Rust (2002)
The Cameraman (1928)
War Photographer (2001)
Out 1 (1971)
Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks - Part 2: Remnants (2002)
Edvard Munch (1974)
The Life of Oharu (1952)
Happy Hour (2015)
Science Is Fiction: 23 Films by Jean Painlevé (2007)
A Grin Without a Cat (1977)
The Story of the Last Chrysanthemums (1939)
East of War (1996)
I Am So Proud of You (2008)
The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On (1987)
Out of a Jam (2015)
This Is Not a Movie (2019)
The Battle of Chile (1979)
Aparajito (1956)
One Week (1920)
The Patriot Game (1979)
Ankhon Dekhi (2013)
Make Way for Tomorrow (1937)
Greed (1924)
Tokyo Twilight (1957)
Ek Doctor Ki Maut (1991)
The Hour of the Furnaces (1968)
Charulata (1964)
A City of Sadness (1989)
The Crowd (1928)
Fifi Howls from Happiness (2013)
Pastoral: To Die in the Country (1974)
Tony Conrad: Completely in the Present (2016)
Yearning (1964)
Over the Garden Wall (2014)
Le joli mai (1963)
Walden (1969)
Blue Planet II (2017)
The Seventh Horse of the Sun (1993)
Napoléon (1927)
Il posto (1961)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
Pirosmani (1969)
The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer (1961)
The Tatami Galaxy (2010)
The Man Who Sleeps (1974)
A Special Day (1977)
Talking Heads (1980)
In Vanda's Room (2000)
Salaam Bombay! (1988)
I Was Born, But... (1932)
Welfare (1975)
A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies (1995)
Titicut Follies (1967)
The Terrorizers (1986)
The Music Room (1958)
Dawson City: Frozen Time (2016)
Pyaasa (1957)
The Naked Island (1960)
Extraordinary Stories (2008)
Berlin Rebel High School (2016)
Berg Fidel: A School for All (2011)
Mirch Masala (1985)
Karamay (2010)
Harlan County USA (1976)
La commune (Paris, 1871) (2000)
Platform (2000)
The Green Years (1963)
We Come as Friends (2014)
Recollections of the Yellow House (1989)
Eureka (2000)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2011)
Thinking Like a Mountain (2018)
The Giant Buddhas (2005)
Babylon (1980)
Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets (1971)
Hearts and Minds (1974)
Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii (1972)
Directed by Andrei Tarkovsky (1988)
Dead Souls (Part 3) (2018)
Warrendale (1967)
Hope (1970)
Die Nibelungen: Siegfried (1924)
A Cambodian Spring (2017)
Ménilmontant (1926)
God's Comedy (1995)
Here's the top 100 with fewer than 100 votes:
SpoilerShow
Blue Planet II (2017)
The Clock (2010)
Dying at Grace (2003)
Mammo (1994)
Shoah: Part Three (1985)
Our Planet (2019)
Diary (1983)
Shoah: Part Four (1985)
Minamata: The Victims and Their World (1971)
The Woman of Everyone (1969)
Good Riddance (1980)
Shoah: Part Two (1985)
Harvest: 3000 Years (1976)
An Inn at Osaka (1954)
Belfast, Maine (1999)
Fireflies in the Abyss (2015)
Near Death (1989)
The Enclosed Valley (1995)
S. Bernardo (1971)
Jammin' the Blues (1944)
Utopia (1983)
Rivette, the Night Watchman (1990)
H-8... (1958)
Time Indefinite (1993)
Big Time (1988)
The Tree of Life: The Extended Cut (2018)
Dead Souls (2018)
Bush Mama (1976)
Domestic Violence (2001)
Tjoet Nja' Dhien (1988)
Chronicle of a Boy Alone (1965)
Where Chimneys Are Seen (1953)
24 portraits d'Alain Cavalier (1991)
Kaiba (2008)
Du côté d'Orouët (1973)
In Comparison (2009)
Through and Through (1973)
The Little Mermaid (1968)
Laila (1929)
Hôtel Terminus: The Life and Times of Klaus Barbie (1988)
Batang West Side (2001)
War and Peace (1967)
Blink of an Eye (1981)
Shoah: Part One (1985)
Step Across the Border (1990)
A Japanese Village (1982)
Among Wolves (2016)
The Satin Slipper (1985)
Tahader Katha (1992)
Son nom de Venise dans Calcutta désert (1976)
Romántico (2005)
Pixo (2009)
The Parallel Street (1962)
The Guns (1964)
Stemple Pass (2013)
The Shimmering Beast (1982)
Siddeshwari (1989)
Lost in Lebanon (2017)
Mandara (1981)
Long Live the Republic (1965)
Respite (2007)
Fuck Cinema (2005)
Wife! Be Like a Rose! (1935)
Sambizanga (1972)
Song from the Forest (2013)
Mandi (1983)
The Godfather Trilogy: 1901-1980 (1992)
Variations (1998)
Turumba (1981)
Her Name Is Vasfiye (1985)
Land Beneath the Fog (2011)
Memory for Max, Claire, Ida and Company (2005)
Anton's Right Here (2012)
Not I (1973)
Stranded in Canton (2005)
The Road to the Racetrack (1991)
Tomka and His Friends (1977)
Mei and the Kitten Bus (2002)
Avenge But One of My Two Eyes (2005)
The South (1988)
Halo (1996)
Chameleon Street (1989)
Faces of Children (1925)
Dear Pyongyang (2005)
The Dreams of the Centenarians (1969)
Life (2009)
Time of the Gifts (2009)
The Memory of Justice (1976)
Three Maidens (1956)
The Postmaster (1961)
Lust for Gold (1974)
Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory (2014)
Take it All (1963)
Avetik (1992)
Donkey in a Brahmin Village (1978)
The World at War (1974)
Spettacolo (2017)
The Compleat Beatles (1984)
El Gusto (2011)
Oh, Sun (1967)
I excluded TV, but there are still some TV shows in there because they're missing the TV tag.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » June 4th, 2020, 1:57 pm

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/fea ... fi-movies/
Empire's The 50 Greatest Sci-Fi Movies

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/fea ... ar-movies/
Empire's The Best War Movies

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/ ... s-9111614/
Cambridge Independent's The 100 best movies of the century so far
This was a reader poll.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » June 4th, 2020, 7:40 pm

I hadn't noticed "Pirosmani" before...that sounds like something I might enjoy.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » June 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Any news on that S&S anime 50?

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » June 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Onderhond wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm
https://letterboxd.com/gubarenko/list/s ... ial-films/

I've seen 47/50 if I counted right.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » June 4th, 2020, 10:22 pm

mjf314 wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm
Onderhond wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm
https://letterboxd.com/gubarenko/list/s ... ial-films/

I've seen 47/50 if I counted right.
Thanks! 39/50 for me, but it's really 40 because I've seen Urotsukidōji before, just never since I started rating/logging films. It's almost exclusively the older one's I've missed, though I should really get around to watching Utena, that's a pretty big oversight on my side.

And not a bad list. Not quite up to par with the Paste one (then again, that had 50 more spots to fill), but it looks like a very good starting point for people not familiar with anime.

Chilton

Post by Chilton » June 4th, 2020, 10:40 pm

On ICM now. Only 9/50, still some work to do