Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Crime, Directed by Women, Indian Subcontinent
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

The thread where we post links to lists

Post Reply
zhangalan
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mar 10, 2013
Contact:

Re: The thread where we post links to lists

#3641

Post by zhangalan » March 24th, 2020, 4:05 am

Bollywood's Best Films
Voted by 25 Indian filmmakers.

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... lms/220089

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7253
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#3642

Post by xianjiro » March 24th, 2020, 7:06 am

mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:52 am
A lot of Nollywood films are available on Youtube.
yeah, I guessed, but it's usually not worth the effort checking until I'm actually ready to watch (or cough-cough) -- I used to bother with a watchlist and was actively trying to work through it and the various other watchlists I maintain on streaming sites in some sort of orderly rotation, but wouldn't you know it? Half the time I'd try to pull up a title on uToob it had gone AWOL (and we know why). Also given that so much of what's on there is pretty crappy in terms of bitrate and such, it just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. So I generally limit my searches (like this one) to my library and JustWatch unless its something like ICMFF or something.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7253
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#3643

Post by xianjiro » March 24th, 2020, 7:10 am

mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm
mjf314 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm
Thai Cinema: The Complete Guide (2018 book)
https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Cinema-Comp ... 1788311418

"It includes reviews of 129 films, organised by genre, effectively establishing a Thai cinema canon."
http://blog.matthewhunt.com/2018/05/tha ... guide.html

Would anyone be able to borrow it from a library and post the list?
The full list is available in the Amazon preview, in the table of contents. Does anyone want to add it to iCM?
We have a single copy in a state U library - if we really want to track it down for some reason, when libraries start working again, I can try to get it. I think I'll probably be able to get a copy, but this book appears to have been published in the UK, so it's probably not widely held stateside.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here


User avatar
erde
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#3645

Post by erde » March 24th, 2020, 9:43 am

mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm
mjf314 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm
Thai Cinema: The Complete Guide (2018 book)
https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Cinema-Comp ... 1788311418

"It includes reviews of 129 films, organised by genre, effectively establishing a Thai cinema canon."
http://blog.matthewhunt.com/2018/05/tha ... guide.html

Would anyone be able to borrow it from a library and post the list?
The full list is available in the Amazon preview, in the table of contents. Does anyone want to add it to iCM?
I can do it. I'll link it here when it's ready.
Image

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3646

Post by mjf314 » March 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm

zhangalan wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:05 am
Bollywood's Best Films
Voted by 25 Indian filmmakers.

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... lms/220089
This list is already official.
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/outl ... ood+films/

User avatar
erde
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#3647

Post by erde » March 24th, 2020, 12:46 pm

erde wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 9:43 am
mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm
mjf314 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm
Thai Cinema: The Complete Guide (2018 book)
https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Cinema-Comp ... 1788311418

"It includes reviews of 129 films, organised by genre, effectively establishing a Thai cinema canon."
http://blog.matthewhunt.com/2018/05/tha ... guide.html

Would anyone be able to borrow it from a library and post the list?
The full list is available in the Amazon preview, in the table of contents. Does anyone want to add it to iCM?
I can do it. I'll link it here when it's ready.
It turns out that there are huge differences in the transliteration of Thai movie names. The ones in IMDB (when they exist) are often very different from the ones in the book and therefore hard to find. But slow and steady, it will be done. Nice to have a little challenge. :)
Image

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3648

Post by mjf314 » March 24th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 11:46 pm
https://boyslife.org/hobbies-projects/f ... -for-kids/

ICM

Edit: Fixed.
I'm getting a 403 error. Did you set it to private by mistake?

User avatar
erde
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#3649

Post by erde » March 24th, 2020, 8:53 pm

erde wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 9:43 am
mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm
mjf314 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm
Thai Cinema: The Complete Guide (2018 book)
https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Cinema-Comp ... 1788311418

"It includes reviews of 129 films, organised by genre, effectively establishing a Thai cinema canon."
http://blog.matthewhunt.com/2018/05/tha ... guide.html

Would anyone be able to borrow it from a library and post the list?
The full list is available in the Amazon preview, in the table of contents. Does anyone want to add it to iCM?
I can do it. I'll link it here when it's ready.
Here is the Thai Cinema list on ICM: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/mary ... uide/erde/

Please let me know if you come across any mistakes.

EDIT: Also please tell me if you find any of the seven titles that I could not find on the IMDb.
Image

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3650

Post by mjf314 » March 24th, 2020, 11:52 pm

@erde: Thanks. I tried searching for those 7, but I couldn't find them on IMDb.

This list was published yesterday:
Edgar Wright’s 100 Favorite Comedies

Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 4113
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Springfield, MO, USA
Contact:

#3651

Post by Nathan Treadway » March 25th, 2020, 3:19 am

mjf314 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 5:08 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 11:46 pm
https://boyslife.org/hobbies-projects/f ... -for-kids/

ICM

Edit: Fixed.
I'm getting a 403 error. Did you set it to private by mistake?
Must have. It's public now.

beasterne
Posts: 190
Joined: May 22, 2013
Contact:

#3652

Post by beasterne » March 25th, 2020, 3:38 am

Top10er’s 2020 edition of the top 1001 greatest movies of all time, based on an average of IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, and Leterboxd.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/2020 ... /top10ner/

Link to the reddit post for a further breakdown: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... ners_1001/

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7098
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#3653

Post by Gershwin » March 25th, 2020, 1:57 pm

mjf314 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 11:52 pm
@erde: Thanks. I tried searching for those 7, but I couldn't find them on IMDb.

This list was published yesterday:
Edgar Wright’s 100 Favorite Comedies
I'm adding this to iCM. Looks like it might be a nice addition!
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7098
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#3654

Post by Gershwin » March 25th, 2020, 2:56 pm

Gershwin wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 1:57 pm
mjf314 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 11:52 pm
@erde: Thanks. I tried searching for those 7, but I couldn't find them on IMDb.

This list was published yesterday:
Edgar Wright’s 100 Favorite Comedies
I'm adding this to iCM. Looks like it might be a nice addition!
Here you go.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
erde
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#3655

Post by erde » March 25th, 2020, 4:09 pm

Thank you! :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3649
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#3656

Post by Fergenaprido » March 25th, 2020, 4:14 pm

erde wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 8:53 pm
erde wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 9:43 am
mjf314 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm


The full list is available in the Amazon preview, in the table of contents. Does anyone want to add it to iCM?
I can do it. I'll link it here when it's ready.
Here is the Thai Cinema list on ICM: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/mary ... uide/erde/

Please let me know if you come across any mistakes.

EDIT: Also please tell me if you find any of the seven titles that I could not find on the IMDb.
Great work erde.
I've doublechecked those seven titles and none of them appear to be on imdb. I found a place I could buy a few of the films, and there might be enough information on that page to add them to imdb, but other than that, no luck. None of them even show up on specialized Asian film sites, suprisingly.

User avatar
erde
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#3657

Post by erde » March 25th, 2020, 4:36 pm

It's strange how hard it is to find information about some of them. Google Books has pretty much all of the book, and with it I was able to find most of the films that had a different transliteration in IMDb, mostly by looking for the director first etc. But those seven were impossible for me to find nonetheless. I would be grateful if someone found enough information about them and could add them to IMDb! If you do, please let me know, so I can add them to the list.
Image

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3649
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#3658

Post by Fergenaprido » March 26th, 2020, 2:54 am

erde wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 4:36 pm
It's strange how hard it is to find information about some of them. Google Books has pretty much all of the book, and with it I was able to find most of the films that had a different transliteration in IMDb, mostly by looking for the director first etc. But those seven were impossible for me to find nonetheless. I would be grateful if someone found enough information about them and could add them to IMDb! If you do, please let me know, so I can add them to the list.
The ones I found were listed on here:https://www.thaiworldview.com/tv/cinema11.htm
For some of them they have a link to DVD sales, like for Tone: https://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=6617&asso=10013
Between the two pages, you might find enough information to add the titles to imdb. I haven't looked deeper to know for sure, though.
Or you could purchase the DVD and wait for it to arrive and hope there are subtitles :D

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3659

Post by mjf314 » March 29th, 2020, 12:48 am

https://www.advocate.com/film/2019/12/2 ... lms-decade
The Advocate's The 30 Best LGBTQ Films of the Decade

https://www.indiewire.com/feature/best- ... 201869538/
IndieWire's The 20 Best LGBTQ Movies of the 21st Century

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/a35x ... -the-2010s
i-D's 50 queer films that defined the 2010s

https://www.autostraddle.com/the-50-bes ... he-decade/
Autostraddle's The 50 Best Lesbian, Queer, and Bisexual Movies of the Decade

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3660

Post by mjf314 » March 29th, 2020, 2:33 am

https://www.indiewire.com/feature/best- ... 201895863/
IndieWire's The Best Animated Films of the 21st Century

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... ver-19817/
Rolling Stone's 40 Greatest Animated Movies Ever

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/bes ... -all-time/
Complex's The Best Animated Movies of All Time

https://www.filmink.com.au/the-50-best- ... -all-time/
Filmink's The 50 Best Animated Films of All Time

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3489
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#3661

Post by Onderhond » March 29th, 2020, 8:51 am

mjf314 wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 2:33 am
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... ver-19817/
Rolling Stone's 40 Greatest Animated Movies Ever
Imagine a list where The Lego Movie is above Grave of the Fireflies :D

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11028
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3662

Post by mjf314 » Yesterday, 4:16 pm

https://www.slantmagazine.com/features/ ... -all-time/
Slant's The 100 Best Westerns of All Time

Post Reply