Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2010s (Results), Animation (Jul 21st), 1974 awards (Jul 23rd), 1942 (Jul 27th)
Challenges: Low rating, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, Benelux
Film of the Week: Spiegel van Holland, August nominations (Jul 26th)

What game(s) are you playing now?

Armoreska

Re: What game(s) are you playing now?

Post by Armoreska » June 29th, 2019, 7:58 pm

You better go easy on KOTOR 1
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 29th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Armoreska wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:58 pm
I played it before. Definitely go on easy.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 5th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Finished the LOTR trilogy

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 7th, 2019, 12:40 am

My boyfriend got Detroit: Become Human for free with the online PS4 thing this month and I watched him play most of it. The game looks really good, but man are the story and characters so basic and generic with cringey dialogue and overly emotional nonsense. He finished it last night and we were looking at some of the other endings on YouTube and I think what makes the game really interesting is that there are so many different endings and choices and I loved the flowchart thing and seeing what other people chose etc. I thought it would have like a couple of basic endings but apparently there are over 99, and the main characters can actually die and have things go completely differently which is cool.

It’s just a shame the writing couldn’t have been a tad sharper and the story couldn’t have had a little more depth to it. Maybe it would’ve been more interesting had he made different choices but from what I saw of the alternate endings they still are pretty cringey..
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 7th, 2019, 1:31 am

David Cage's work is so basic that it's hilarious how much praise he gets for his stories. Heavy Rain is the equivalent of a direct to tv mystery that plays at 4 am, but because it's a video game the story is considered to be amazing.

That's the one thing I don't like about video games. I do believe that when it comes to plot, tv shows have a lower standard than films. However, for video games that standard is way at the bottom.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 7th, 2019, 9:25 am

My wife has gotten me obsessed with GTA Online, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 7th, 2019, 3:13 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 8:21 pm
Armoreska wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:58 pm
I played it before. Definitely go on easy.
I can't do it. I tried using OBS on this computer, but every time I increased the resolution the game crashes, and the recording was lagging anyways. I then tried to do a game capture set up. I connected both computers together through my capture card, played the game on my older computer, and recorded in on the newer one. However, the game itself was riddled with so many problems. I stopped moving, cutscenes were being skipped, and of course the game crashes too.

I have two more options now: just record it on my older computer (seems to not lag with older games), but the problems will most likely remain, or play the xbox version. I'll try those later, but I'm too frustrated with this game right now. I'll try another game for now.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 8th, 2019, 9:47 pm

I'm doing this in another forum, might as well do it here too:

A few of you might have noticed in the gaming thread that I started a video game review channel. I feel overwhelmed with the collection I have and have trouble choosing stuff. I was also inspired by a thread on another forum that is unfortunately no longer active.

I will follow the same system as that one, but will instead do video reviews. A few things I should mention:

Each of you can choose 3 games. I will then go in random order for each person until a cycle is complete. After that I'll most likely reset it.

It must be a game I currently own. My list is huge so I won't take the time to list every game. However, I'll be quick to mention if I own it or not. I will list the consoles I have to make it easier.

If you choose a sequel, I'd much rather play the first part to the point that I will veto your vote and change it to the first part. There can be exceptions for this if the sequel is vastly different. I'll listen to any arguments made for that.

Some games may not work. I just have trouble recording stuff sometimes. It's not an issue with console games, but both my PCs sometimes can't handle it, even older games. I'll be sure to mention if that's the case, and will allow that person to choose another one, which I'll play right after instead. For PC games I won't go newer than 2010 unless it's not heavy system requirements-wise as I don't think my computer can handle recording these newer games. If you insist then I can always try.

Also a note: I have a huge preference for games on GOG, so if you can choose something from there that'll be awesome.

It's obvious, but the longer the game, the longer the review will take.

For some trilogies such as Mass Effect or Uncharted, I will do the entire trilogy in one review.

I will also note that I won't start this immediately. I've chosen the next 2 games to review: Severance: Blade of Darkness, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Consoles:

NES
SNES
N64
Wii
Wii U
PS1 (memory card might not work so be wary about choosing something from this)
PS2
PS4
Xbox
Xbox 360
PC

Coryn

Post by Coryn » July 9th, 2019, 8:33 am

I started playing assasins creed Odyssey before going on a 3 week trip to Vietnam and god damned the game is so good.

I played but didn't finish most of the ac games as they got boring after 10 hours but this one is really something else. It keeps being interesting, it helps that old Greece and mythology is something I'm interested in tho.
[*][*][*][*][*] Favorite
[*][*][*][*] Very good
[*][*][*] Good
[*][*] Okay
[*] Bad

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 11th, 2019, 7:16 pm

Well that was successful lol. I still had a few submissions on other sites and by people I knew. Just in case, I'll still accept submissions here, and will put them on a random spot on the list. Here's the list so far. It should cover the next 3-4 months:

Blade of Darkness
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Super Mario Bros Trilogy
Dragon Age
The Legend of Zelda
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream
Sanitarium
F.E.A.R.
System Shock
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Super Mario World
Stonekeep
Baldur's Gate
Dragon Age 2
Deadly Premonition
Warcraft 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
Sword of the Samurai
Sacrifice
Mass Effect Trilogy
Papers, Please
Last edited by XxXApathy420XxX on July 11th, 2019, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 11th, 2019, 7:49 pm

ehhh I guess my post didn't go thru. doesn't really matter as my selections were the old Marios, the old Zeldas or the old Metroids.

Speaking of, I'm about two years late but I've been playing some LoZ:ALttP Randomizer which is really really fun. It's like playing the game for the first time, every time! But it's only for people who have played the vanilla a few times and remember where all the items are, and/or, don't mind utilizing tracking tools.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 11th, 2019, 7:51 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 7:49 pm
ehhh I guess my post didn't go thru. doesn't really matter as my selections were the old Marios, the old Zeldas or the old Metroids.

Speaking of, I'm about two years late but I've been playing some LoZ:ALttP Randomizer which is really really fun. It's like playing the game for the first time, every time! But it's only for people who have played the vanilla a few times and remember where all the items are, and/or, don't mind utilizing tracking tools.
It's good to know a few glitches for the randomizer too. Unfortunately I don't haveany of the old Metroids, but I do have the trilogy on the Wii U. I already am going through Zelda and Super Mario World. Maybe I should do Super Mario Bros? I can see that being very difficult to review though because I'm sure it was done to death.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 11th, 2019, 8:08 pm

yeah, for a review it's probably terrible. not a game with a lot to nuance about. but it is a fun one to play.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 11th, 2019, 10:40 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 8:08 pm
yeah, for a review it's probably terrible. not a game with a lot to nuance about. but it is a fun one to play.
So it turns out someone on another forum recommended the trilogy. It's after nuts and bolts too. Nervous about doing that one.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 11th, 2019, 10:59 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 10:40 pm
funkybusiness wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 8:08 pm
So it turns out someone on another forum recommended the trilogy. It's after nuts and bolts too. Nervous about doing that one.
I think as a single review it'd be alright, contrasting Bros 1, 2 and 3. but the first one by itself doesn't seem to have a lot of potential. but the later two, certainly.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 12th, 2019, 1:02 am

My suggestion is still Detention. :)

Super Metroid is a masterpiece, though it took a second play-through (the second time, doing 100% completion) for me to fully appreciate it.

I see you have System Shock on your list, have you already played System Shock 2? That's one of my top 3 favorite games.

[a LION eats GOD. Gunshots ring out. MATT turns around]
MATT: That's the guy I was telling you about.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » July 12th, 2019, 1:04 am

outdoorcats wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 1:02 am
My suggestion is still Detention. :)

Super Metroid is a masterpiece, though it took a second play-through (the second time, doing 100% completion) for me to fully appreciate it.

I see you have System Shock on your list, have you already played System Shock 2? That's one of my top 3 favorite games.
I do wanna get on both but I don't own them. I wanna go through my backlog, plus I have little to no income now as I'm still waiting for my disability application.

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » 6 minutes ago

outdoorcats wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 1:02 am
Totally missed this sorry. I will definitely replay system shock 2 soon it's one of my favourite games. I just wanna play the first part first.