Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
ICMForum's Favourite Movies 2019 Edition (Results)
Polls: Children (Results), 1932 (Closed?), 1989 awards (Apr 22nd), Directed by women (Apr 23rd), DtC Voting (Apr 25th)
Challenges: DtC noms, Aus-NZ-Oceania, 1940s
Film of the Week: Alexandra's Project, May nominations (Apr 26th)

iCM Forum's Film Recommendations for Children: nominations due Apr 7

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
mjf314

iCM Forum's Film Recommendations for Children: nominations due Apr 7

Post by mjf314 » February 5th, 2019, 1:31 am

iCM Forum's Film Recommendations for Children

Which films do you think children under 12 should watch? You may recommend films that you think they would like, as well as films that you think they should watch as part of their education. The goal is to create a useful guide for children and parents.

- We are not simply voting for the best films appropriate for children. If you think children would hate it, don't recommend it.
- Feel free to recommend films that were not specifically made for children.
- Each recommendation does not have to be for all ages. For example, some recommendations may be for 6-year-olds, and others may be for 11-year-olds.

- Shorts and mini-series are allowed. TV series are not allowed.
- You may post an IMDb list or an iCM list.
- Your list may be ranked, unranked, or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked.
The scoring will be the same as usual. The half-life will be 50.

Here are some related lists that you may find useful:

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » February 5th, 2019, 2:13 am

So is this "films kids should/need to watch" or "best films appropriate for kids" or "best films made for an audience of children?" I ask because the wording reads like the first, and so does the wording of most of the lists you linked, but at least the first 4 are attempting the latter. I feel like if it's the first then the films should have something beyond mere entertainment value, either great artistry or a well explained and coherent message that is relevant to children. No kid needs (even if with a broad sense of need) to see Home Alone. Conversely the BFI list is actually closer to the second because no kid would really get much out of Ladri di biciclette even if it's a great film that is age appropriate for children. Then the NYT list explicitly says children's movies but somehow includes Rear Window and The African Queen (along with a bunch of others) that are maybe if you stretch it appropriate for kids but are in no sense of the term "Children’s Movies."

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 5th, 2019, 2:31 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:13 am
So is this "films kids should/need to watch" or "best films appropriate for kids" or "best films made for an audience of children?"
The first.
If you think it's appropriate for kids, but you think kids would hate it, don't recommend it.
If you think it was made for adults (or made for everyone), but good for kids too, feel free to recommend it.

I think at least some of the films should go beyond entertainment, but I think it's ok to recommend films that are purely for entertainment.
Feel free to use your own judgment regarding which films you think kids should watch. I realize that not everyone will agree.

I won't include Home Alone on my list, because I don't think it's a very good film.
I'm not sure about Rear Window but I might include North By Northwest on my list.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 5th, 2019, 2:40 am

This is hard, I remember making a list once and people kind of balked at it. No way would I have liked North by Northwest or The African Queen (for example) as a kid, but I probably would've liked Rear Window lol. And there are plenty of horror films I would definitely want kids to watch because they provided me with some of the best experiences of my childhood but then everyone else cries at kids watching horror films so idk. I'll put something together though.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 5th, 2019, 2:46 am

mightysparks wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:40 am
This is hard, I remember making a list once and people kind of balked at it. No way would I have liked North by Northwest or The African Queen (for example) as a kid, but I probably would've liked Rear Window lol. And there are plenty of horror films I would definitely want kids to watch because they provided me with some of the best experiences of my childhood but then everyone else cries at kids watching horror films so idk. I'll put something together though.
I agree, it is hard. That's why I made the poll. I'm not fully satisfied with any already-existing list, so I hope the iCM Forum can do better.

Feel free to use your own judgment. If you think a horror film is a good recommendation for children, then recommend it.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 5th, 2019, 3:59 am

Here's my list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043375297/

I might add more films as I see other people's lists.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » February 5th, 2019, 4:39 am

My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043371233/

Still adding more stuff.
Last edited by Carmel1379 on February 5th, 2019, 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
Sufficient? who shall tempt with wand’ring feet
The dark unbottom’d infinite Abyss,
And through the palpable obscure find out
His uncouth way, or spread his aerie flight,
Upborn with indefatigable wings,
Over the vast abrupt, ere he arrive
The happy Ile?

Nur dein Auge – ungeheuer / Blickt michs an, Unendlichkeit!
Close the world. ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ uǝdO.
t o B e c o n t i n u e d

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 5th, 2019, 6:28 am

mightysparks wrote:
This is hard, I remember making a list once and people kind of balked at it.
Just every ICM nomination round ever :p

But yeah, this is a tough one. I loved watching horror when I was 10-11 years old, but that was definitely frowned upon in other families (never could invite other kids to watch these films with me - though my parents didn't mind and recorded them from TV). I guess most aren't really ready for them at that age though, then again adults also love to underestimate kids.

Will be an interesting one, this.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » February 5th, 2019, 7:12 am

Subject to change, but consider this ranked: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/maxw ... xwelldeux/

If I suddenly had a 12yo, these are the films I'd want this child to have seen.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 5th, 2019, 8:24 am

Onderhond wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:28 am
mightysparks wrote:
They usually balk at what I don’t like rather than what I like :P
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

tobias

Post by tobias » February 5th, 2019, 8:45 am

Lol, I love this. We should make it a book: "ICM (forum) reccommends: You know, for kids". My list will probably remind me of why I'd be a horrible parent. I'm considering Manoel on the Island of Wonder for sure (I mean Ruiz thought it was the right form of kid entertainment, why not us? :shrug: ).

tobias

Post by tobias » February 5th, 2019, 9:35 am

Needs revision but somewhere in this direction so far (unranked):

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043310508/

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 5th, 2019, 9:49 am

tobias wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:35 am

Kudos for being the first to add a martial arts film :)

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » February 5th, 2019, 10:17 am

Onderhond wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:49 am
tobias wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:35 am

Kudos for being the first to add a martial arts film :)
I got 'Shaolin Soccer' in my Top 10. :sweat:

tobias - :thumbsup: for 'The Shining'.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
The happy Ile?

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 5th, 2019, 11:44 am

Carmel1379 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 10:17 am
I got 'Shaolin Soccer' in my Top 10. :sweat:
Comedies are nice for kids too :whistling:

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Only a few lists so far, but so many movies that I really don't understand at all. Which of the voters so far actually has kids younger than 12?
My oldest daughter is 9 years old and she loves to watch My Little Pony. I can't imagine her watching Un Chien Andalou or 2001 A Space Odyssey. She would be bored to death and wouldn't understand a single thing. Also funny to see lots of 16+ movies being voted for. There is a reason for age restrictions, you know. I know some people here used to watch horror when they were 10, but I doubt that's what most kids watch or even want to watch. My daughter recently watched Peter Rabbit and some parts were really scary for her and she almost cried when
SpoilerShow
the rabbit's house was demolished
. It seems like this is becomming an educational list to train kids to become cinephiles. I thought this was a list with recommendable movies that kids actually would like.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 5th, 2019, 1:11 pm

joachimt wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm
I can't imagine her watching Un Chien Andalou or 2001 A Space Odyssey. She would be bored to death and wouldn't understand a single thing.
I also noticed some people entering Paprika :) It's a tough one though. On the one hand you don't want to select films that are meant for the lowest common denominator (ie ALL children must like them), on the other hand you don't want to do something arthouse-only because there's always that one 12 y/o kid who likes watching these film, at least when he's not keeping up with stock exchange news.

I made my selections this morning (still have to make it into and ICM list) and tried to mix obvious titles with films that might be slightly above the reach of a regular 12y/o, but have to potential to be absolute favorites and treasured memories for a portion of them if they click. Thinking of directors like Jeunet, whose films might be a bit overcomplicated overall, but feature world-building qualities that could capture the imagination of a child.

Another problem is that I'm mostly thinking 12y/o, but that's the actual max age and at that age, things move pretty fast. The taste and capabilities of a 9 y/o could be vastly different from his/her 12 y/o self.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » February 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm

This should be an interesting list to compile since that is the age of kids that I teach and after eight years in the profession, I have a pretty good idea of what does and does not tend to go down well. As mentioned already, comedies are definitely the way to go when introducing to kids to "older" films. The Jerry Lewis stuff has always been very popular among my students, and silent comedies surprisingly tend to be very popular too; the climax of Safety Last! always brings howls of laughter and one of my students last year (8-9 years old) even told me that Buster Keaton was her favourite actor (!) after I had shown her class a whole bunch of his better shorts. Other: Singin' in the Rain tends to be quite popular too. I thought the musical numbers would leave some of the kids antsy, but they loved all of the comedy and really audibly gawked at Donald O'Connor bouncing off the walls etc (had to emphasise not to try that at home). There are probably a few others too, but it would require some thought, but yeah, can't go wrong with briskly paced comedies.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

albajos

Post by albajos » February 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Yes, I saw The Terminator and Big Trouble in Little China when I was 10. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to do it.

And the PG-13 age restriction is idiotic. They can show the violence, but not the results of the violence, which is even worse for a child's mind.

Musicals and comedies was the stuff I usually could recommend to for this age group. And drama movies about children or animals, like Black Beauty, Heidi, Old Yeller and similar

beasterne

Post by beasterne » February 5th, 2019, 2:37 pm

I'm glad we're doing this poll, thanks for hosting it mjf!

I really think this is a gap that needs filling. There doesn't seem to be a very satisfactory lists of movies that parents should be sharing with their kids--it's basically just what's in cinemas or what the parents want to watch. Hopefully a list like this can help parents pick age- and theme-appropriate movies for movie nights to jump start a child's love of film.

Here is my list, consider it ranked, and also consider it a real rough draft for now: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/you+ ... beasterne/

monclivie

Post by monclivie » February 5th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Carmel1379 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 4:39 am

Still adding more stuff.
Porwanie Baltazara Gąbki (l)
Sadly (at least this one time), "TV series are not allowed".

sol
Donator

Post by sol » February 5th, 2019, 3:46 pm

mjf314 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 1:31 am
iCM Forum's Film Recommendations for Children

Which films do you think children under 12 should watch? You may recommend films that you think they would like, as well as films that you think they should watch as part of their education. I hope we can create a useful guide for children, parents, and teachers.
Just started looking through some of the lists here and the teacher in me has begun to freak out with some of the suggestions. There are probably only a handful of films (The Shining, really?) that make me raise an eyebrow as a recommendation for an 11 or 12 year old, but if we are trying to come up with a list of films suitable for children of all ages, or at least of decent literacy age (6 or 7), I'd veto a large number of of the film suggested so far as grossly inappropriate were I allowed to. :shrug:

I like the idea of this project (kudos for that) but maybe it would be good idea to specify an age range, or break this into a series of polls, say recommendations for 0-4 years, 5-8 years, 9-12 years. Just a suggestion...
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

jeff_v

Post by jeff_v » February 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm

This might be the first time I submit an un-ranked list.

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » February 5th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Nvm.
Last edited by 72allinncallme on February 5th, 2019, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » February 5th, 2019, 4:56 pm

monclivie wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Carmel1379 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 4:39 am

Still adding more stuff.
Porwanie Baltazara Gąbki (l)
:wub: :cheers:

"TV series are not allowed" - Eee tam. :P Stary dobry polski serial nikomu krzywdy tutaj nie zrobi. A poza tym i tak nikt inny na to nie zagłosuje.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
The happy Ile?

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » February 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Just cobbled this together, might add to it later. Unranked: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043337535/
The gauzy thoughts of the sturdy Scots
Wrestle with the elements
Up on the trail high
I need to know where does it go
How do I get there and what will I find?

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » February 5th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Onderhond wrote:
mightysparks wrote:

But yeah, this is a tough one. I loved watching horror when I was 10-11 years old, but that was definitely frowned upon in other families (never could invite other kids to watch these films with me - though my parents didn't mind and recorded them from TV). I guess most aren't really ready for them at that age though, then again adults also love to underestimate kids.

I would also differentiate who's the introductor to these films. As a parent, I wouldn't show horror to my kids, even though I knew they'd watch some horror movies with their friends (and didn't mind). But I thought that my role wasn't to share that with them. Later on, when my daughter got older, then I would watch horror films with her. I still do, and she's 20... But as a kid, I felt it needed to remain a transgressive thing, not something parents would openly and vocally encourage.

When kids are really young, it's difficult to predict what will scare a child. You sometimes find they aren't afraid of the scary monster, or by the situation, but are deeply disturbed by a random dream sequence or an innocent-looking picture of a dragon, a playful imp, or even a bad-tempered nurse...

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » February 5th, 2019, 6:59 pm

My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043316343 (UNRANKED)

I left out most animated shorts and in case of series, like Harry Potter, I just have the first movie in there.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » February 5th, 2019, 7:00 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Just cobbled this together, might add to it later. Unranked: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043337535/
'Moonrise Kingdom' and 'Persepolis' are great shouts.
IMDb, letterboxd, tumblr
whom shall we find
The happy Ile?

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 5th, 2019, 7:19 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/best ... onderhond/
RANKED, because ranked is.

Like I said, some are borderline, some might not register, but my potential kid could watch any of these films together with me. I'm also giving him some more recent action stuff and
the like, wouldn't want to be one of those parents who dumps his childhood on his own kids :p

@cinephage: First film I ever rented (with my parents) was Braindead. Watched it with them, had a blast. My parents not so much :D Then again, there never really was this barrier of "things that shouldn't be know" between my parents and I.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Carmel1379 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:00 pm
GruesomeTwosome wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm
'Moonrise Kingdom' and 'Persepolis' are great shouts.
Yeah, I think they would both be great picks for the upper limits of the selected age range for this topic (age 12). Especially Moonrise Kingdom as those two kids were 12 and I'm sure many viewers of that age, of both sexes, can relate strongly to those first budding feelings of pubescent romance.

I was thinking about including 2001: A Space Odyssey, but that's a tough call since I'm sure many (probably most?) 12-and-under kids wouldn't have the attention span for it. I see the South Park movie on your list, haha...fuck it, I think I'll add it to mine as well (I don't think I currently have any R-rated films in my list), since I started watching SP myself at age 10 and saw the film by age 11 and I think I turned out OK. :D
The gauzy thoughts of the sturdy Scots
Wrestle with the elements
Up on the trail high
I need to know where does it go
How do I get there and what will I find?

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

tobias

Post by tobias » February 5th, 2019, 10:29 pm

joachimt wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Only a few lists so far, but so many movies that I really don't understand at all. Which of the voters so far actually has kids younger than 12?
My oldest daughter is 9 years old and she loves to watch My Little Pony. I can't imagine her watching Un Chien Andalou or 2001 A Space Odyssey. She would be bored to death and wouldn't understand a single thing. Also funny to see lots of 16+ movies being voted for. There is a reason for age restrictions, you know. I know some people here used to watch horror when they were 10, but I doubt that's what most kids watch or even want to watch. My daughter recently watched Peter Rabbit and some parts were really scary for her and she almost cried when
SpoilerShow
the rabbit's house was demolished
. It seems like this is becomming an educational list to train kids to become cinephiles. I thought this was a list with recommendable movies that kids actually would like.
I think I said something about probably being an awful parent but I actually put consideration into what at least 12 year old me would have liked or did like. I think something as excistencial as War Game you should not show to a 9 year old, I think I would have freaked out - but development is quite fast and at 12 it's likely something one can comprehend. Un Chien Andalou frankly I think I would have had an absolute blast with. I know I watched it when I was 16 and absolutely adored it (I'm not saying this is the same as 12, I also saw Andrei Rublev when I was 16 and understandably it's not on my list).

I know I saw Vertigo when I was quite young - in my early teens somewhere - and it absolutely bored me stiff (and today it's one of my very, very favorite movies, in fact on my toplist it's #2). 2001 I think can absolutely go both ways, either you are fascinated beyond belief by the visuals or you are bored out of your mind. My brother saw it when he was 13 but I don't remember what excactly his thoughts were (he does like it a lot now though). My brother also saw Shining with 13 (before 2001 in fact) and it's absolutely one of his favorite films (I'm quite sure it's his favorite Kubrick at least), I'm quite sure he liked it a lot on first watch already.

The idea of my list is definitely not: "Watch them all with 6 and you should be fine", it's gradual, some are good for 6 year olds, some are better for later. I must add that some children films are absolutely gruesome though. I watched The Land Before Time before Kindergarten and in hindsight I found it a lot less gruesome then than I do now. I think kids are definitely not to be underestimated.

ChrisReynolds
Donator

Post by ChrisReynolds » February 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm

I want to submit a list that is both appropriate for children (the BBFC certificates should help in this regard to filter out anything rated 15 or 18) and can be appreciated and enjoyed by a general under-12 child audience. I do have experience showing films to my cousins, so I know that anything too slow, surreal or even too realism-based goes down very poorly. I'm sure we can have some interesting arguments when the results come in.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » February 5th, 2019, 11:14 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
I see the South Park movie on your list, haha...fuck it, I think I'll add it to mine as well (I don't think I currently have any R-rated films in my list), since I started watching SP myself at age 10 and saw the film by age 11 and I think I turned out OK. :D
I think that's the problem with the way most participants are compiling their ballot so far. They are thinking about which films they were okay to watch at 11 or 12, rather than the films that they think would be fine for all under-12-year-olds to see. Quoting what mjf said in the OP, "I hope we can create a useful guide for children, parents, and teachers." I think on this basis alone, we should get rid of films that teachers would get fired for showing to their class (graphic nudity, copious swearing, etc.) and I don't know if it's really fair to include such films in a guide for prospective parents either.
Image Image Image

albajos

Post by albajos » February 5th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Shout out to Pokemon 3 Movie.

P3 is about a young girl that has lost her parents, so she creates a fantasy-world (with the help from some Unowns) where she can have company.
This fantasyworld just happen to have Pokemon in it (Entei becomes her new father) but could easily been written as a fantasy movie without Pokemon (Like Wonderland or Oz etc). It is the best of the Pokemon as it raises attention to an important issue.

It's not really neccessary to watch the TV-series or the games either. As all the Pokemon just play supporting roles.

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » February 5th, 2019, 11:30 pm

sol wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 11:14 pm
GruesomeTwosome wrote:
I see the South Park movie on your list, haha...fuck it, I think I'll add it to mine as well (I don't think I currently have any R-rated films in my list), since I started watching SP myself at age 10 and saw the film by age 11 and I think I turned out OK. :D
I think that's the problem with the way most participants are compiling their ballot so far. They are thinking about which films they were okay to watch at 11 or 12, rather than the films that they think would be fine for all under-12-year-olds to see. Quoting what mjf said in the OP, "I hope we can create a useful guide for children, parents, and teachers." I think on this basis alone, we should get rid of films that teachers would get fired for showing to their class (graphic nudity, copious swearing, etc.) and I don't know if it's really fair to include such films in a guide for prospective parents either.
If we would go for a list of movies OK for all under 12-year-olds to see I would have to delete at least 50% of my current list, probably more. And I don't even have any offensive movies on it (at least I don't think so).

albajos

Post by albajos » February 5th, 2019, 11:37 pm

sol wrote:
we should get rid of films that teachers would get fired for showing to their class
Well, there are some cultural differences here. Europe vs USA is a giant leap for once.

50 Shades of Gray is PG-12 here. Not that I would it on the list, but that is for quality reasons.

There is alot of family movies from the 80s that have alot of swearing in them. Even cute ones like Harry and the Hendersons.

The best family movie of all time (Ronja Rövardotter obviously imo) has a giant scene with male nudity galore. But also introduces harpies so we get som female nudity as well to even things out. Age Restriction: 7 years. (Or all ages with PG)

I miss the 80s :lol:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 5th, 2019, 11:39 pm

cinephage wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Onderhond wrote:
mightysparks wrote:

I would also differentiate who's the introductor to these films. As a parent, I wouldn't show horror to my kids, even though I knew they'd watch some horror movies with their friends (and didn't mind). But I thought that my role wasn't to share that with them. Later on, when my daughter got older, then I would watch horror films with her. I still do, and she's 20... But as a kid, I felt it needed to remain a transgressive thing, not something parents would openly and vocally encourage.

When kids are really young, it's difficult to predict what will scare a child. You sometimes find they aren't afraid of the scary monster, or by the situation, but are deeply disturbed by a random dream sequence or an innocent-looking picture of a dragon, a playful imp, or even a bad-tempered nurse...
My dad got me hooked on horror as a toddler. There was stuff he didn’t let me watch and some stuff that traumatized me which I obviously wouldn’t include on my list for this. My mum and brother hated horror though. And I might not have kids under 12 but I was a kid under 12. I never liked many kids movies but I remember how my mind worked as a kid and I’m basing my list on what kids like me want to watch, and what stuff I would want my imaginary child to watch. When I talk to other horror fans most of them got hooked as kids and they talk more excitedly about film than kids who are forced to watch Bambi over and over or whatever. Depends on the kid, depends on the parent.

I also started watching South Park at 7, which taught me a lot and was essential to my learning so I don’t see the problem with the film either. I’ve never sworn in 28 years and as an 8 year old I thought the film had a great message for kids and adults.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 6th, 2019, 12:56 am

sol wrote:
GruesomeTwosome wrote:
I think you should make your own decisions about what's appropriate, and not worry about what can be shown in school. Different schools have different rules, and some schools have stupider rules than others. If there's a risk of getting fired, the teacher should watch the film before showing it to their class.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 6th, 2019, 1:08 am

This is my list at the moment, currently unranked: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls043367218/

A happy coincidence that it is exactly 100 films but I've only skimmed through my spreadsheet and IMDb's PG-13 and less films that I've seen so far. I hope to rank it and possibly add others and take off some, but then I don't know what I'm ranking; how good they are for kids? How much I like them? Something else?