Which films do you think children under 12 should watch? You may recommend films that you think they would like, as well as films that you think they should watch as part of their education. The goal is to create a useful guide for children and parents.
- We are not simply voting for the best films appropriate for children. If you think children would hate it, don't recommend it.
- Feel free to recommend films that were not specifically made for children.
- Each recommendation does not have to be for all ages. For example, some recommendations may be for 6-year-olds, and others may be for 11-year-olds.
- Shorts and mini-series are allowed. TV series are not allowed.
- You may post an IMDb list or an iCM list.
- Your list may be ranked, unranked, or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked.
The scoring will be the same as usual. The half-life will be 50.
Here are some related lists that you may find useful:
Real Simple: The 50 Films Every Child Should See Before They Turn 11
Common Sense: 50 Movies All Kids Should Watch Before They're 12
Entertainment Weekly: The 55 Essential Movies Your Child Must See (Before Turning 13)
BFI: 50 films you should see by the age of 14
Empire: The 50 Best Kids' Movies
The Telegraph: The 77 Best Kids' Films of All Time
The New York Times Essential Library: 100 Recommended Childrens Movies
101 Movies to See Before You Grow Up
Filmaffinity: Movies My Kids Love
India Istanbul (unranked)