Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Change 1 letter in a film title

Cynical Cinephile

Change 1 letter in a film title

Post by Cynical Cinephile » November 3rd, 2017, 8:34 am

Since it's relevant now and whatnot, and there's nothing that's beyond humor, so:

Rape Fear - a documentary about 5 young, aspiring actresses who are hesitant to try their luck in Hollywood after finding about the inner workings of the industry.
The truth is you're Donny, and I'm Walter. But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm tryin' real hard to be The Dude.

:ICM: :letbxd: :imdb:

albajos

Post by albajos » November 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am

Cape Bear
I don't know what it's about, but the bear looks smashing

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 3rd, 2017, 10:23 am

Helen Keller the ninja - what's not to love?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 3rd, 2017, 10:35 am

The Slimey - Michael Moore's biopic of Trumpity-Dumpity

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 3rd, 2017, 2:34 pm

:D I'm still enjoying this thread. A bit pressed these days but hope to get back to contributing before it dies again.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 3rd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Did I mention The Vagina Manologues yet? Men talk about what they imagine life would be like if they woke up with vaginas one day. "For some it's a comedy; for women, a tragedy."

The Tan Commandments - George Hamilton's biopic

Jesus Christ Supperstar - Peter Greenaway's musical Christian theological magnum opus with a very literal reinterpretation of the Last Supper

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 3rd, 2017, 7:52 pm

The Probe - on an alien planet, a scientific instrument once used on the Messiah grants anyone who holds it supernatural powers over life and death

sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » November 3rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

The Thong
Opening shot: a dog runs over a white beach, chased by a helicopter. A guy from the helicopter tries to shoot the dog.
Russ Meyer's remake of the Carpenter's classic. This time it doesn't take place on Antarctica, but on a tropical island. The alien life-form shows himself as a beautiful woman wearing only a thong to captivate the men of earth and spread a virus to take over the earth.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

sortile9io

Post by sortile9io » November 3rd, 2017, 8:26 pm

xianjiro on Nov 3 2017, 01:17:29 PM wrote:Did I mention The Vagina Manologues yet? Men talk about what they imagine life would be like if they woke up with vaginas one day. "For some it's a comedy; for women, a tragedy."
You mean in addition to their natural organs? Or waking up surrounded with vaginas? Because I bet life would be happier for many if that was the case.

albajos

Post by albajos » November 3rd, 2017, 8:48 pm

I'm guessing Freaky Friday of some sort.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 4th, 2017, 12:39 am

sortile9io on Nov 3 2017, 02:26:07 PM wrote:
xianjiro on Nov 3 2017, 01:17:29 PM wrote:Did I mention The Vagina Manologues yet? Men talk about what they imagine life would be like if they woke up with vaginas one day. "For some it's a comedy; for women, a tragedy."
You mean in addition to their natural organs? Or waking up surrounded with vaginas? Because I bet life would be happier for many if that was the case.
nah, just a replacement of one with the other

sol can find me here

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 4th, 2017, 3:42 am

Hoeshine - Another musical about getting ready for the county fair

Battle hymen - Misadventures of a young warrior pursuing his first trophy for rape
Last edited by 3eyes on November 4th, 2017, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 4th, 2017, 7:19 pm

3eyes on Nov 3 2017, 09:42:46 PM wrote:Hoeshine - Another musical about getting ready for the county fair

Battle hymen - Misadventures of a young warrior pursuing his first trophy for rape
safe to assume Spacey won't star in that second one given how frisky it seems he's been - but that's for another thread

sol can find me here

sortile9io

Post by sortile9io » November 5th, 2017, 11:41 am

The Pay After Tomorrow - Tom Cruise struggles to escape from a time loop that sends him back to his repetitive office chores every time the pay day approaches.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 5th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Bloodsucking bustards – Central Europe ravaged by giant vampire birds

Retch for glory - Bulimics hold an eating contest

albajos

Post by albajos » November 5th, 2017, 4:24 pm

A bridge too Fear
It's London Bridge, it's always falling down

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 5th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Hup - Comedy about an arithmatically challenged, hiccup-prone Marine sergeant

The night of the hooting stars - Pandemonium at the Oscars as actors turn into owls

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 11th, 2017, 9:00 pm

The Bitchhiker - along a lonely stretch of desert highway, a gay couple on a roadtrip stumble across an older woman whose car has broken down. Unable to help, the offer her a ride to town. Along the way she peppers them with questions, complaints, nags, rants and repeated suggestions that they are too old to be palling around together - they need to settle down and start families. The movie ends when they return her to her car and leave her there.

sol can find me here

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 11th, 2017, 9:34 pm

xianjiro on Nov 11 2017, 02:00:32 PM wrote:The Bitchhiker - along a lonely stretch of desert highway, a gay couple on a roadtrip stumble across an older woman whose car has broken down. Unable to help, the offer her a ride to town. Along the way she peppers them with questions, complaints, nags, rants and repeated suggestions that they are too old to be palling around together - they need to settle down and start families. The movie ends when they return her to her car and leave her there.
Good one!

Ballad of the little solder - crooked contractor cutting corners causes collapse

Innocent vices - Mister Rogers talks about bedwetting, thumbsucking, nose-picking, etc.
Last edited by 3eyes on November 11th, 2017, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » November 15th, 2017, 2:19 pm

The Gay After Tomorrow - Kevin Spacey gets an inside information that he will get accused of sexual harassment tomorrow, so he carefully plans his way out of a compromising position he finds himself in.

SharkNATO - a new military program established by NATO, in which genetically modified and highly trained sharks equipped with lasers are sent to naval battles.
The truth is you're Donny, and I'm Walter. But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm tryin' real hard to be The Dude.

albajos

Post by albajos » November 15th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Austin Plowers

A very short documentary about the snow plowers of Austin, Texas

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 15th, 2017, 3:17 pm

albajos on Nov 15 2017, 07:23:27 AM wrote:Austin Plowers

A very short documentary about the snow plowers of Austin, Texas
The inspiration for Kraftidioten? Norskies sure showed them Texans a thing or two.
Last edited by 3eyes on November 19th, 2017, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

albajos

Post by albajos » November 19th, 2017, 12:20 pm

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woof?
The Disney version of Cujo

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 19th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Leadpool - Spike Lee’s 6-hour documentary about the Flint water crisis

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 23rd, 2017, 10:21 am

Too Many Cocks - an upcoming documentary about the sexual abuse scandals rocking society

:o What? You were expecting something else?

sol can find me here

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » November 23rd, 2017, 4:08 pm

How about Dick-Ass?

Use your imagination to figure out what it's about.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 14th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Can't remember if I played: Scumdog Millionaire - a young shithole steals his first million from 100,000 little old ladies with walkers

St. Elmo Fires - during Elmo's beatification party, someone tries to feed Dorothy wasabi, Elmo grabs a gun and shoots up Sesame Street

sol can find me here

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » January 15th, 2018, 2:49 am

The slender tread - Break in the case comes when cops figure out that perp was riding a bicycle.

The slender threat - Insurance man must make tricky risk assessment.

The lender thread - ICM forum members establish loan shark lounge in Private Section.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » January 28th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Well, as the Oceania challenge winds down, I figured we needed some new films to consider adding to the official Australia list, so what about:

We of the Never Sever: This documentary is about a fringe religious group who is staunchly anti-amputation, even in cases where it would save a life.
40,000 Norsemen: Tens of thousands of Norwegian soldiers travel to Australia to save the Australians from invasion from what they assume is the British...
Dead Heat: While Americans hope for a white Christmas, Australians just hope they don't die from the heat. An investigation into the air conditioning availability through Australia.
Little Fist: A rare Australian martial arts picture, a young fighter takes on the most ruthless opponent, the Kung Fu Kid.
Rad Max: The devastatingly handsome host of the Australia challenge demonstrates his awesomeness through a series of stunts conservatively described as "bad ass."

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » January 28th, 2018, 4:15 pm

:lol:

The Betting of Wisdom - Inside the campaign of a candidate who advocates policies for the common good.

Careful, he might wear you - animated film in which critters help a family of numbats elude trappers in search of their coveted hide.

Talkabout - oh heck, too many possibilities.

Dim - Mel Gibson reprises one of his earliest starring roles.

Rabbi-proof fence - Hasidic burglars take their loot to a goy in Perth.
Last edited by 3eyes on January 28th, 2018, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » March 13th, 2018, 5:47 am

Animation edition:

Angry Bards: In early 17th century London, the Shakespearian actors were upset at their treatment by the theatre owners. They decided to strike take back their rights - they were...

Fantastic Planer: This is the dramatic biography of Jesus Christ, Carpenter

Strolls: An elderly couple takes their last walks together while they are still alive and able. This heartbreaking drama follows the quick breakdown of their relationship and lives together as they are no longer able to take their daily walks.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » March 13th, 2018, 3:49 pm

maxwelldeux on Mar 12 2018, 11:47:03 PM wrote:Animation edition:

Angry Bards: In early 17th century London, the Shakespearian actors were upset at their treatment by the theatre owners. They decided to strike take back their rights - they were...

Fantastic Planer: This is the dramatic biography of Jesus Christ, Carpenter

Strolls: An elderly couple takes their last walks together while they are still alive and able. This heartbreaking drama follows the quick breakdown of their relationship and lives together as they are no longer able to take their daily walks.
Not feeling terribly inspired, but let's see...

Shinbone Valley - Dramatic story of the prophet Ezekiel

From up on Poopy Hill -- I’m the King of the Dungheap!

The Molar Express - assembly-line dentistry at its finest!

The price of Egypt - Historical documentary about the Suez Canal

The secret of knells - Hammer Films version of The Nine Tailors

Shrew - he’s tiny, he’s vicious, he’s the scourge of Liliput!

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 8th, 2018, 8:57 am

Western Edition!

Tío, Bravo! - My uncle leaves our small Mexican town unexpectedly and never returns. After years of searching, I finally find him performing on the Broadway stage...

Dead Pan - A Steven Wright biopic.
Dead Pan - In a Citizen Kane-style drama named Captain Hook's "Rosebud" moment, we hear of his darkest desires of how to violently vanquish Neverland's favorite boy...
Dead Pan - Shot at one frame per day, this experimental Brakhage film shows the decomposition of a modern cooking pan.
Dead Pan - An up-and-coming arch villian who's learning Greek develops a new weapon that will wipe out ALL life.
Dead Pan - In a dystopian future, directors of films the critics like are rewarded with feasts; but for the other directors...
Dead Pan - In late 1840s California, a serial killer hunts people searching for gold.
Dead Pan - This student film is about the discovery of a washed-up blue whale and the quest to get it all on film.
Dead Pan - In this Halloween-themed cooking show, zombies appear on camera to explain their best recipes for cooking brains on the stove.
Dead Pan - An emotionless cooking vessel.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » May 8th, 2018, 2:28 pm

:lol: :guns: :clap:

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 11th, 2018, 7:02 am

1980s Edition

Ferris Mueller's Day Off: The Special Council appointed to investigate President Grump is tired - he's been investigating the president for over a year, and every time he thinks he might get a day off, the president goes and does ANOTHER thing that needs investigating. But Ferris Mueller is done and needs a night off - no matter the consequences. Coincidentally, President Grump and Ferris Mueller watch "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" on TV at the same time. When they get to the song Blame Canada, they both sit up and yell "OH SHIT!" simultaneously. Thus begins the longest day of Ferris' life...

Ritzcarraldo: Ritzcarraldo is obsessed with Trump hotels - he travels the world staying in every Trump hotel he can access. When he tours remote areas of Peru on a vacation, he decides to realize his dream of bringing a Trump hotel to South America. But to accomplish his dream, he must pull a hotel over a hill...

Grain Man: An anonymous baker has been secretly winning pastry competitions for years - only no one knows who he is. One day, after years of investigative journalism, Charlie Babbit discovers who this Grain Man is - a brother he never knew he had, and a baker who never knew how good he was.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » June 11th, 2018, 1:54 pm

:lol: plotting is not my forte, but let's see:

Braising Arizona - Scott Pruitt does his bit for anti-immigration.

Raping bull - Pasolini’s take on the legend of Europa

Dekalot - film version of long-running Kieslowski-based Broadway musical

Dawn by law - period piece: the Indiana legislature abolishes Daylight Saving Time, whereupon Elkhart decides that it's part of Michigan and goes on Eastern. Based on a true story.

Men's fashion trilogy:
- Don the right thing
- Dead men don’t fear plaid
- Full petal jacket
Last edited by 3eyes on June 11th, 2018, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » December 29th, 2018, 3:27 pm

CANADIAN DOCUMENTARIES

Picture of blight - the tar sands

The tweet hereafter - renegotiating NAFTA (USCAM)

Dead zingers - The Canadian retro standup comic scene

Canadian baton - relay race on skates [yeah yeah, I know]

Wakelength - Arctic sleep patterns

The grey pox - the tar sands

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » January 31st, 2019, 8:48 am

Sci-Fi Edition:

Bolo: A Star Wars Story: A heartwarming story about how Han and Chewie found love in the southwest US.
Bird Bot: A futuristic reboot of Hitchcock's "The Birds", this film features state-of-the-art avian robotics attacking unsuspecting citizens. Will the authorities be able to stop "Robin" before it's too late?
The Dummy: An Egyptologist has the inability to grasp time and keeps entering the tombs of modern Egyptians, confused over various hieroglyphics. Will a "Hieroglyphics Bee" solve the problem?

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » April 14th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Washington Post joins the game, sort of (scroll down to MOVIE VIOLATIONS):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html