Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Akage, June nominations (May 28th)

Future challenges

sol
Donator

Post by sol »

OldAle1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm It's no big deal really - I wouldn't be watching all of the very long films I have in this one month and I'd be surprised if anyone else would either, regardless of the points. But I think it's an important issue in terms of fairness and competitiveness.
Oh yes - and that's much of the reason why I wanted a Long Films Challenge next year; it would give me a chance to watch all of those longer films that I have procrastinated in order to remain competitive.

As you all well know, if it was up to me, I'd place a severe cap on TV episodes in the name of fairness, but there has been a lot of debate about this already, so this is something I plan to bring up in a separate thread (in November?) once we have finalised the 2021 schedule.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

OldAle1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm Question re: the SE Asia challenge - and in general. Not sure this has come up exactly before so apologies if it was discussed to death recently - I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see anything that fits precisely. There are a number of very long films from the region - almost all from the Philippines - that are NOT TV minseries but distinct "films", most of which I have and some of which I'm planning to watch (at the very least a couple from 2008 before that poll ends). Seems sad to me just get one point for watching the 7 1/2 hour Melancholia when you'd get 7 or 8 points for watching a TV series or compilation of shorts the same length. I realize the same issue must come up for other challenges but it's even more significant for this one I think given that Lav Diaz is such a central figure in this area and so many of his films are 4+ hours long. Anyway, this issue has been only a tiny thorn in my challenge-viewing side but I started thinking about it more when we did the South Asia challenge - nobody's going to win or maybe even come close in a challenge like that one, or this upcoming one, by watching the very films that the countries are known for, because they're long and don't contribute enough points, and that's kind of sad. I'd like to see - at the very least - films that are more than 3 hours long getting a boost, though I haven't worked out any point scale and won't bother unless there's interest in this.

It's no big deal really - I wouldn't be watching all of the very long films I have in this one month and I'd be surprised if anyone else would either, regardless of the points. But I think it's an important issue in terms of fairness and competitiveness.
If you stick only to official checks, that may be the case, but the Philippines have lots of films under two hours if dig a little deeper. The films of Cirio H. Santiago and Eddie Romero offer a fruitful bounty of awesomeness and of course the suave Weng Weng is always a great time even though he only starred in less than halfa dozen movies. I'm also gonna take a bold stance and say I'd much rather watch 8 hours of Weng Weng than 8 hours of Lav Diaz any day.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

flavo5000 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 1:13 pm
OldAle1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm Question re: the SE Asia challenge - and in general. Not sure this has come up exactly before so apologies if it was discussed to death recently - I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see anything that fits precisely. There are a number of very long films from the region - almost all from the Philippines - that are NOT TV minseries but distinct "films", most of which I have and some of which I'm planning to watch (at the very least a couple from 2008 before that poll ends). Seems sad to me just get one point for watching the 7 1/2 hour Melancholia when you'd get 7 or 8 points for watching a TV series or compilation of shorts the same length. I realize the same issue must come up for other challenges but it's even more significant for this one I think given that Lav Diaz is such a central figure in this area and so many of his films are 4+ hours long. Anyway, this issue has been only a tiny thorn in my challenge-viewing side but I started thinking about it more when we did the South Asia challenge - nobody's going to win or maybe even come close in a challenge like that one, or this upcoming one, by watching the very films that the countries are known for, because they're long and don't contribute enough points, and that's kind of sad. I'd like to see - at the very least - films that are more than 3 hours long getting a boost, though I haven't worked out any point scale and won't bother unless there's interest in this.

It's no big deal really - I wouldn't be watching all of the very long films I have in this one month and I'd be surprised if anyone else would either, regardless of the points. But I think it's an important issue in terms of fairness and competitiveness.
If you stick only to official checks, that may be the case, but the Philippines have lots of films under two hours if dig a little deeper. The films of Cirio H. Santiago and Eddie Romero offer a fruitful bounty of awesomeness and of course the suave Weng Weng is always a great time even though he only starred in less than halfa dozen movies. I'm also gonna take a bold stance and say I'd much rather watch 8 hours of Weng Weng than 8 hours of Lav Diaz any day.
I'm not talking about official checks or anything like that, and I'm well aware of all the Philippines have to offer - and quite a few of the very long films I'm talking about are NOT official checks in any case. I'm talking about the fact that the Philippines - like India - is significantly known for it's long films, and it seems to me that to essentially award people for watching shorts or TV shows while making it impossible to compete* by watching the films that a country (or genre - i.e. musicals) is known for is more than a little silly and irritating.

But again, it's the way it's been, and I wouldn't be taking up the bulk of my viewing watching this stuff this month in any case. Would just like to make the case for (what I see as) fairness' sake.

*except for you, BBB and a couple of others of course, who could watch the entire filmographies of Lav Diaz, Takashi Miike and Mikio Naruse in a month and still have time to work, raise families, go fishing and run marathons twice a week. :lol:
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

sol wrote: September 27th, 2020, 11:49 am
hurluberlu wrote: September 27th, 2020, 10:55 am
sol wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:54 am Nah, it's okay, I can host. Too bad too sad if anyone was expecting to win by rewatching every episode of Seinfeld. :P
Don't you want to rewatch Xfiles ? :whistling: I was planning to resume some watching of season 5 too ; I dont mind how many points you earn for them, but at least individual episodes to count, pretty please :)
I could settle for 120mins = 1 point.

Of course, if you wanted to host the 1990s, you could choose as host to make 40min = 1 point. :circle:

I might still rewatch some of The X Files, we'll see. I think most of them could qualify as horror, at least from what I recall.
Deal. I am too busy atm to jump in.

There are horrific elements in most of the episodes although it doesn’t belong to pure horror genre I guess.
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

OldAle1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 2:58 pm
*except for you, BBB and a couple of others of course, who could watch the entire filmographies of Lav Diaz, Takashi Miike and Mikio Naruse in a month and still have time to work, raise families, go fishing and run marathons twice a week. :lol:
Well, now you're just being silly. I don't even care about fishing. :lol:
mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

I haven't watched any Thai TV before, so I think I might watch my first Thai series next month. I hope TV will be allowed.

Most Thai episodes are in the 45-55 minute range, so I think 2 episodes per point would be fair.
Melvelet

Post by Melvelet »

I'll post the SE Asia thread later today. How do others feel about inclusion of TV and more runtime-sensitive rules? I'm actually willing to experiment (if I'm allowed and people are interested), especially considering participation will be comparatively low. Maybe some fresh rules might spark interest in some of the forumers who usually don't enter challenges?

re: TV
I know there has been discussion about this, I personally wouldn't mind including it and generally prefer challenges as a way to explore a certain area of filmmaking together (which includes discussing) instead of just as a competition of who can dump the longest movie list in a thread. It's of course a quasi-philosophical question about whether TV series and "films" are fundamentally the same or not. And it's valid opinion if others feel like it's an unfair advantage if people get high on the leaderboard or even win the challenge by watching TV series.

re: runtime-based score
That's the more interesting experiment imo. Spontaneously I'd say 1 point per minute. Less 'optimization' of viewings to prefer shorter films and avoid longer ones, no advantage for shorts or TV (Mini) Series. It can be combined with the TV rule by only counting it as 50% or 75% for example.
Current recommendation: Mandala (1981)

ImageImage

Current focus: Doubling the Canon nominees, Japan, South Korea

Last.fm | RYM
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Melvelet wrote: September 29th, 2020, 11:52 am I'll post the SE Asia thread later today. How do others feel about inclusion of TV and more runtime-sensitive rules? I'm actually willing to experiment (if I'm allowed and people are interested), especially considering participation will be comparatively low. Maybe some fresh rules might spark interest in some of the forumers who usually don't enter challenges?

That's the more interesting experiment imo. Spontaneously I'd say 1 point per minute. Less 'optimization' of viewings to prefer shorter films and avoid longer ones, no advantage for shorts or TV (Mini) Series. It can be combined with the TV rule by only counting it as 50% or 75% for example.
If you want to add up runtimes for a Bonus Challenge, then sure, but can you please still include a leaderboard based on # of films watched? If you don't, it will mess with max's Challenge Olympics and Official Leaderboard.

I think with non-large country challenges like this, there is more validity to include TV. I don't think it's really necessary for any of the genre or large country challenges... but hopefully that's something we will debate in November this year once we have finalised the 2021 schedule.

While I would prefer to exclude it, I'm going for 120min of TV episodes = 1 point for the 1990s challenge. I'm not planning to watch any TV in the SE Asia Challenge but I have a number of Netflix films lined up to watch. I also have one film lined up to watch per country, so I hope you plan to track that.

Thanks again for volunteering to step in.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

In a usual example of how out of touch I often am with the challenges I just started picking up a major urge to explore African films ... Sol was kind enough to point out that we already had this challenge earlier this year though. :(

Luckily we are entering 3 months now with challenges I am not overly excited by, so I will most likely be challenge free. I may still jump in for the SE Asia challenge though.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Melvelet wrote: September 29th, 2020, 11:52 am I'll post the SE Asia thread later today. How do others feel about inclusion of TV and more runtime-sensitive rules? I'm actually willing to experiment (if I'm allowed and people are interested), especially considering participation will be comparatively low. Maybe some fresh rules might spark interest in some of the forumers who usually don't enter challenges?

re: TV
I know there has been discussion about this, I personally wouldn't mind including it and generally prefer challenges as a way to explore a certain area of filmmaking together (which includes discussing) instead of just as a competition of who can dump the longest movie list in a thread. It's of course a quasi-philosophical question about whether TV series and "films" are fundamentally the same or not. And it's valid opinion if others feel like it's an unfair advantage if people get high on the leaderboard or even win the challenge by watching TV series.

I think counting by the minute is maybe taking it too far but if there aren't that many participants, maybe that'd work. I don't particularly care about TV and have none of it from the region lined up so whatever is decided there is cool with me. As regards longer films, what about just copying what's been done in the unofficial long film challenge? 3 hours+ gives you 2 points, 4 hours gives you 3, etc. Very simple and while it still penalizes film over TV slightly it's not a serious game-changer (unless the final battle at the top is very close).
Melvelet

Post by Melvelet »

sol wrote: September 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm

If you want to add up runtimes for a Bonus Challenge, then sure, but can you please still include a leaderboard based on # of films watched? If you don't, it will mess with max's Challenge Olympics and Official Leaderboard.
Good point. I like the idea of making it a bonus challenge :thumbsup: Then we'll also have a side-by-side comparison
Current recommendation: Mandala (1981)

ImageImage

Current focus: Doubling the Canon nominees, Japan, South Korea

Last.fm | RYM
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Sounds like a plan, Melv. :party: And to anybody else reading this, yes, I will get the 1990s Challenge thread up in the next 18 hours ... unless somebody else steps in to host.
Image Image Image
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

What do folks think if I include a runtime bonus challenge in the 1990s Challenge? Like watch as many films with a runtime of 135 mins or more, thereby rewarding those (in some way) who are prepared to watch longer stuff rather than shorter things to rack up points. It would need to be an opt-in challenge though since I won't have the spare time to look up films one by one.
Image Image Image
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

St. Gloede wrote: September 29th, 2020, 12:09 pm In a usual example of how out of touch I often am with the challenges I just started picking up a major urge to explore African films ... Sol was kind enough to point out that we already had this challenge earlier this year though. :(

Luckily we are entering 3 months now with challenges I am not overly excited by, so I will most likely be challenge free. I may still jump in for the SE Asia challenge though.
You could run an unofficial challenge and see who else is in the mood for African movies.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

Knaldskalle wrote: September 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm
St. Gloede wrote: September 29th, 2020, 12:09 pm In a usual example of how out of touch I often am with the challenges I just started picking up a major urge to explore African films ... Sol was kind enough to point out that we already had this challenge earlier this year though. :(

You could run an unofficial challenge and see who else is in the mood for African movies.
I don't want to distract people from the more social challenges, but I may set up a log/similar or add them in last movie seen.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Hi everyone, with November fast approaching we need to be thinking of next month's challenge hosts.

After much discussion with AdamH and St. Gloede, we are also looking to amend the rules for the Challenges from this point forward. These amendments will not affect the vast majority of challenge participants, however, it is necessary that they are explicitly stated.

It has recently come to my attention that the Challenge rules are not prescriptive enough. It is hoped that by making the rules more prescriptive it will be easier to disqualify participants who log over 24 hours worth of viewing in a single day - especially when it happens on multiple consecutive days.

The rules that AdamH, St. Gloede and myself have discussed adding are:

- Films must be watched on single speed (not sped-up)
- Films must be watched one at a time (no two screens at once)
- Films must be watched in their entirety in order to be included

It is anticipated that these rule changes will not affect 99% of participants, however, by having the rules explicitly stated, it will ensure a more level playing field for that 99%.

So, I would politely request that all November Challenge hosts add those three rules to the OP.

While I haven't talked to the other Mods myself, AdamH and St. Gloede assure me that they are in agreement that a more explicit set of rules will benefit the Challenge series and forum community as a whole moving forward.

And ahem, in other news, these are the November Challenges. :sweat:

- Film Noir

- Mexico

- Unofficial

I could take up hosting Unofficial. I just won't include a Bonus Challenge since having that extra element is what has made keeping the OP updated so daunting for me this month with work pressures and all. Of course, if somebody else wants to include an interesting Bonus Challenge, I could just as easily host one of the other challenges - with a preference for Mexico.
Image Image Image
shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

Hm, I could host either unofficial or Mexico.
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

sol wrote: October 24th, 2020, 3:29 am It has recently come to my attention that the Challenge rules are not prescriptive enough.
So paying someone to watch films for your account is still allowed ? I dont have to lay off my staff in Pakistan.
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

shugs wrote: October 24th, 2020, 6:16 am Hm, I could host either unofficial or Mexico.
Well, maybe I'll let you take Unofficial then since Mexico will probably be less busy and I don't know how work is going to go for me next month.

With Unofficial though, the eligibility rules are slightly different (we have run it like this twice before):

- One whole miniseries = 1 point, not points for individual episodes -- since no individual miniseries episodes are Official checks
- TV episodes are not eligible -- since only a handful of these are Official Checks

The last couple of times that we have run the Challenge, we have also excluded shorts (since there are far less Official shorts than features) but there's probably room to argue this, so your call.

So, it depends really if you feel okay with excluding TV episodes and making entire miniseries viewings worth a single point. If you don't feel comfortable with this, I will take over the Unofficial hosting reigns again (and pass Mexico to you) in order to ensure consistency.
Image Image Image
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

sol wrote: October 24th, 2020, 3:29 am

None of these sound like actually watching a movie...

Although with these rules, you'll probably never have anyone watch Warhol's Empire for a challenge again :lol:
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

This is pretty fucking extreme I have to say sol. I mean, I for one have never engaged in any of these practices, but seeing how helpful they have been to some people (well, one person at least) I was strongly considering changing my method. And what's next? Are you going to suggest that people actually *enjoy* watching films? That they *discuss* them with each other? That this forum and icheckmovies should for some reason be considered something other than places to just show off numbers and rankings, and nothing else? This is like not allowing motorcycles into bicycle races - who wants that? Do you also think it would be unfair for a guy with a machine gun to enter into a skeet-shooting contest also? Or to have LeBron James compete against 7-year-olds in a game of hoops? You commie bastard.

Fuck these rules. If a guy can win a challenge this month with days spent watching 25 and 33 hours of films in a row, then I sure as hell better be allowed to watch 1500 films noir, 17,000 Mexican films, and 727,000 0-check films next month or ELSE.
shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

sol wrote: October 24th, 2020, 11:11 am
shugs wrote: October 24th, 2020, 6:16 am Hm, I could host either unofficial or Mexico.
Well, maybe I'll let you take Unofficial then since Mexico will probably be less busy and I don't know how work is going to go for me next month.

With Unofficial though, the eligibility rules are slightly different (we have run it like this twice before):

- One whole miniseries = 1 point, not points for individual episodes -- since no individual miniseries episodes are Official checks
- TV episodes are not eligible -- since only a handful of these are Official Checks

The last couple of times that we have run the Challenge, we have also excluded shorts (since there are far less Official shorts than features) but there's probably room to argue this, so your call.

So, it depends really if you feel okay with excluding TV episodes and making entire miniseries viewings worth a single point. If you don't feel comfortable with this, I will take over the Unofficial hosting reigns again (and pass Mexico to you) in order to ensure consistency.
Sounds good, I've been meaning to ask how TV and shorts should be handled. Thanks! :cheers:
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

OldAle1 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 1:41 pm This is pretty fucking extreme I have to say sol. I mean, I for one have never engaged in any of these practices, but seeing how helpful they have been to some people (well, one person at least) I was strongly considering changing my method. And what's next? Are you going to suggest that people actually *enjoy* watching films? That they *discuss* them with each other? That this forum and icheckmovies should for some reason be considered something other than places to just show off numbers and rankings, and nothing else? This is like not allowing motorcycles into bicycle races - who wants that? Do you also think it would be unfair for a guy with a machine gun to enter into a skeet-shooting contest also? Or to have LeBron James compete against 7-year-olds in a game of hoops? You commie bastard.

Fuck these rules. If a guy can win a challenge this month with days spent watching 25 and 33 hours of films in a row, then I sure as hell better be allowed to watch 1500 films noir, 17,000 Mexican films, and 727,000 0-check films next month or ELSE.
Ahh, Oldy, this made me laugh. I think it was the image of a person taking a machine gun to a skeet shooting contest.
Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

OldAle1 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 1:41 pm

This is pretty fucking extreme I have to say sol. I mean, I for one have never engaged in any of these practices, but seeing how helpful they have been to some people (well, one person at least) I was strongly considering changing my method. And what's next? Are you going to suggest that people actually *enjoy* watching films? That they *discuss* them with each other? That this forum and icheckmovies should for some reason be considered something other than places to just show off numbers and rankings, and nothing else? This is like not allowing motorcycles into bicycle races - who wants that? Do you also think it would be unfair for a guy with a machine gun to enter into a skeet-shooting contest also? Or to have LeBron James compete against 7-year-olds in a game of hoops? You commie bastard.

:lol: :worship: : :lol:
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

blocho wrote: October 24th, 2020, 1:55 pm
OldAle1 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 1:41 pm This is pretty fucking extreme I have to say sol. I mean, I for one have never engaged in any of these practices, but seeing how helpful they have been to some people (well, one person at least) I was strongly considering changing my method. And what's next? Are you going to suggest that people actually *enjoy* watching films? That they *discuss* them with each other? That this forum and icheckmovies should for some reason be considered something other than places to just show off numbers and rankings, and nothing else? This is like not allowing motorcycles into bicycle races - who wants that? Do you also think it would be unfair for a guy with a machine gun to enter into a skeet-shooting contest also? Or to have LeBron James compete against 7-year-olds in a game of hoops? You commie bastard.

Ahh, Oldy, this made me laugh. I think it was the image of a person taking a machine gun to a skeet shooting contest.
Glad to provide a smile. I wanted to write more but I'm busy watching 4 Lav Diaz films and the entire Witchcraft series right now while making breakfast and cleaning the house. I started them 10 minutes ago so should be done in another 20, I'll expand more then.
Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

I'm happy with the new rules. Although they are so self-evident they would seem to be unnecessary. Unfortunately apparently they aren't, that they are needed is beyond pathetic, which OA1 pointed out in a much more humorous way.
I'm for enforcing them strictly.
First offense: Warning
Second: Banned from that challenge
Third: Banned from all challenges that month
Fourth: Banned for ever for all challenges.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Lonewolf2003 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 2:29 pm I'm happy with the new rules. Although they are so self-evident they would seem to be unnecessary. Unfortunately apparently they aren't, that they are needed is beyond pathetic, which OA1 pointed out in a much more humorous way.
I'm for enforcing them strictly.
First offense: Warning
Second: Banned from that challenge
Third: Banned from all challenges that month
Fourth: Banned for ever for all challenges.
I would actually enforce them at an even stricter level than that. Since the new rules will be stated in the OP of the Challenge, that to me is the "first warning". As soon as they are violated, that to me is a ban.

I don't know about the other November Challenges hosts, but I plan to place the new rules in bold and in colour (like I did above) in order that it is blatantly clear what the rules are.
Image Image Image
blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob »

The rules make sense, but it seems like some of y'all are talking about a specific person without saying it? Why not call this person out? Why are yall being immature about it?
RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

Who watches two films at a time? Pfffttt, I suppose that if the plots were relatively straightforward they might be watchable. The clashing sounds of voices would do my head in very quickly though.

These rules seem like fairly basic challenge etiquette. I don't see how any film-lover would wish to violate them.
Last edited by RogerTheMovieManiac88 on October 24th, 2020, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's all, folks!
AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH »

blueboybob wrote: October 24th, 2020, 3:27 pm The rules make sense, but it seems like some of y'all are talking about a specific person without saying it? Why not call this person out? Why are yall being immature about it?
Thanks for replying Bob. I don't think it would be appropriate to post a new set of rules and highlight specific users on a public forum. We would like the rules to apply to all members going forward to avoid any confusion due to recent issues in challenges.
blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob »

OK but my question is, has THIS person been contacted? Have they been give a chance to correct their behavior?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter as these rules are 100% acceptable and make sense.

But I am of the type you let people know they did wrong directly and let them try to correct their behavior before you come off so heavy handed.
AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH »

We are setting these rules for all members. If you have any issues with how this has been done, please send me a PM and I'm happy to discuss it with you.
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

I’m not going to bother hosting any more challenges if that text needs to be in the OP. It wasn’t necessary to include that before and it isn’t necessary now. If one person did that, that person should be contacted and explained to, not the 999/1000 others who knows common sense.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

I don't think I'll ever understand the competitive nature of these challenges, competing to win would drive me absolutely mad because the way a challenge could be games and because the extremely loose rules that are in place already.

The new rules are fair, but also so elemental that it's just crazy to think someone would go against them.
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Seriously though, let's try and keep the challenges fun shall we?
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

Unofficial - shugs
Mexico - sol

I can take noir. If someone else prefers to host noir, I'm more than happy to hand it off, though.
WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff »

Thank goodness we have an extra hour (in the US) in November. That's one extra Pre-Code Noir I can watch!
cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage »

72aicm wrote: October 24th, 2020, 4:33 pm I’m not going to bother hosting any more challenges if that text needs to be in the OP. It wasn’t necessary to include that before and it isn’t necessary now. If one person did that, that person should be contacted and explained to, not the 999/1000 others who knows common sense.
I admit it feels a little strange. It's a bit like adding a full-blown text describing how to watch a movie. And I don't see how one can actually control whether the film-watching has been perfomed by the book...
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Better close those curtains next time you watch a film!
psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik »

Onderhond wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:23 pm Better close those curtains next time you watch a film!
And deactivate your computer's camera... :lol: