Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Drive a Crooked Road, July nominations (Jun 25th)

Future challenges

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Fergenaprido wrote: May 29th, 2021, 1:27 am ably wouldn't consider it for an all-time queer film list.

I'm also of the (naive, perhaps) opinion that most people won't be watching a lot of trashy anti-gay-full-of-stereotype movies for this challenge, so I'd preferably not like to bother creating a string of restrictions if I can avoid it.
I mean, ultimately, yes. This. I've never really seen it come up as an issue before, so hopefully that will continue.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Okay, the Queer Challenge Thread is up: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5476

Let me know if I should make any changes, or if I made any mistakes.
🧚‍♂️🦫
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Film from Each Year thread is up now. Let me know if the rules make sense or if I missed anything.

No bonus challenge this time. I'll be keeping track of the films watched and the year counts to try to pull some stats though.
Melvelet

Post by Melvelet »

will post the Italy thread soon. Any bonus challenge ideas? Recommendations are easy to do (but might not have a lot of participation), anything else?
Current recommendation: Mandala (1981)

ImageImage

Current focus: Doubling the Canon nominees, Japan, South Korea

Last.fm | RYM
sortile9io

Post by sortile9io »

There could be a bonus for watching at least one film from a set of typical Italian genres/movements (giallo, peplum, spaghetti western, commedia alla'italiana, neorealism, poliziotteschi, mondo, cannibal, etc.). You could also use a number of famous Italian actors instead of genres/movements as a bonus goal; or watch at least one film with music by Morricone. Taking a look at the article about Cinema of Italy on Wikipedia can give you some ideas.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

sortile9io wrote: May 31st, 2021, 8:54 am There could be a bonus for watching at least one film from a set of typical Italian genres/movements (giallo, peplum, spaghetti western, commedia alla'italiana, neorealism, poliziotteschi, mondo, cannibal, etc.). You could also use a number of famous Italian actors instead of genres/movements as a bonus goal; or watch at least one film with music by Morricone. Taking a look at the article about Cinema of Italy on Wikipedia can give you some ideas.
I really like the genre idea. Italy is definitely known for their genre-hopping tendencies. To the above list I'd also add gothic horror, eurospy, exploitation/erotica, post-apocalyptic and political thriller. There are probably others I'm forgetting too.