This challenge is held for the first time and the exact definition of the eligible film movements are rather vague (no pun intended). I'm opening this thread eraly to allow for a bit of discussion and suggestions. If you intend to watch movies from a certain movement that isn't regularly called a "New Wave" that you nevertheless feel like it fits the sentiment of the challenge, please share your thoughts.
Watch movies that are part of the various (New) Wave cinemas from around the world. Discuss them.
Lists of eligible film movements can be found in the post below. A film doesn't necessarily have to be in its respective national New Wave list but should be reasonably called a part of that movement.
- Each feature film (over 40 minutes) counts as one entry.
- 80 minutes of short films or miniseries/TV episodes counts as one entry.
- Films must be watched one at a time and at single speed (not sped up).
- Rewatches are allowed and are good for the soul.
- Please include year of release when listing your viewings.
- Please indicate each film's country/film movement when listing your viewings otherwise your score will NOT be included in the leaderboard.