Watch as many films from Central America and the Andean region of South America (plus Chile and Venezuela) as you can possible muster. Bask in the warm glow of your filmic vocabulary's expansion.
Eligible Latin American countries:
Each feature film (over 40 minutes) counts as one entry.
- 80 minutes of short films or miniseries/TV episodes counts as one entry.
- Films must be watched one at a time and at single speed (not sped up).
- Rewatches are allowed and are good for the soul.
- Please include year of release when listing your viewings.
- Please indicate each film's country when listing your viewings otherwise your score will NOT be included in the leaderboard.
-Just a quick note but please think about whether the film submitted qualifies for the challenge. I'm fairly lax with this sort of thing and generally rely on the countries listed on IMDB to determine whether it counts.
CineChile's 50 Best Chilean Movies of All Time
These lists also focus on these regions but additionally include Mexico, Cuba, Brazil and several other excluded countries:
Cien años sin soledad: Greatest Latin American Films
Cinema Tropical 2000-2009/21st Century All Eligibie Films List (Thanks max-sci!)
UNESCO (Includes Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela)
I decided to go the easy route and have the Bonus Challenge to be as diverse in your country watches as you can. If you watch one movie from each eligible country, you earn a Complete Run. The end goal is to try to have as many complete runs as possible!
|Person||Complete Runs||Bolivia||Chile||Columbia||Costa Rica||Ecuador||El Salvador||Guatemala||Honduras||Nicaragua||Panama||Peru||Venezuela|