screenshot from the criminally underrated Two for the Seesaw, go watch it
For many of us, iCM has been a godsend. Rather than spending hours trying to work out what to watch from thousands of movies out there, the site provides 208 (and counting) reputable lists to work on. What's more, the site ranks you against other users depending on the number of films you have checked from those 208 Official Lists, and gives you imaginary metal for completing 50, 75, 90 and 100% of any given list. The downside of this is that, since joining iCM, some users (I am certainly guilty of this) have refined their viewing habits to preference to films on 1+ Official lists over those on no lists at all. And on a personal note, this has lad to me amassing a very large number of unwatched films (and recommendations) that I have procrastinated due to their Unofficial status.
This is the Challenge where we aim to reverse that trend and try to encourage everyone to think outside the square and check out all the promising films out there that are currently on no Official lists. As the massive number of films mentioned in last year's Unofficial poll proved, there is a wealth of movies out there that many of us believe to be great, Official Status or not. And this is the month to explore those titles. Who knows what you might find? Maybe something worth nominating for this year's 500<400 poll, next year's DTC exercise or the next World Cup? So go out, explore and report to back to us with what is out there, worthwhile and which we may have missed due to unofficial status.
(stolen from sol, no shame)
Watch as many Unofficial movies as you can, or want, from November 1st, 2020 to November 30th, 2020 your time.
What is an Unofficial Film?
Must be on zero Official Lists on iCheckMovies at the time that you watch it. If a film turns Official during the month you can only include it if you saw it before it became Official.
- Feature length (40mins+) narrative, documentary and experimental films are eligible for this Challenge
- Telepics and miniseries (if watched in their entirety) are eligible for this Challenge, but are only worth 1 point
- TV episodes, individual miniseries episodes music videos and short films are not eligible for this Challenge
- Include year of release so I can easily find them on IMDb
- Do not edit your posts to add new watches, just create a new one
- Films must be watched on single speed (not sped-up)
- Films must be watched one at a time (no two screens at once)
- Films must be watched in their entirety in order to be included
Movies watched this challenge
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/unof ... 020/shugs/
ICM Film Festival
Don't forget to give some love to the movies presented in the ICM Film Festival.
iCM Forum's Favourite 1000 Unofficial Checks
iCM Forum's 1000<400
TSZDT Top 1001-2000