Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

2021 Challenge Ideas: Discussion Thread

flavo5000

Re: 2021 Challenge Ideas: Discussion Thread

Post by flavo5000 » September 8th, 2020, 12:17 am

RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:05 am
sol wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 11:22 pm
St. Gloede wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 8:13 pm
(and to be clear it is not a specific idea in itself), but what if, for instance, there was one month with 4 separate week long mini-challenges? This could even in incorporated into popular ideas such as Latin America, where 4-5 countries could be picked with 1 week each. Definitely a little hectic for many, but could be a way to promote more focus and discovery.
As a bonus challenge - yes. As a challenge on its own no. Volunteer to host Latin America NOW if you want to include that bonus challenge, Gloede. ;)
September 7th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Using up one of my remaining slots...

Films 90 minutes or under
I like it - especially the purity of the challenge since short films would (obviously?) be excluded.

That reminds me: I was going to suggest a long films challenge this year. Maybe I still will. Let's see if anyone else suggests it first.

Will update the OP after work: in 9-11 hours time.
I suppose so, Sol. I hadn't really thought about short films. I'd have no problem leaving them out.

What would constitute a ''long film'' for you? I tend to think of something over 130 minutes as long. It could be an interesting one, but I don't think I'll put it forward. I have a couple of ideas swirling around in my head for my third and final suggestion.
The unofficial long film challenge basically was a minimum of 3hrs with 1 point per hour beyond three.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 8th, 2020, 12:22 am

flavo5000 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:17 am
sol wrote:
As a bonus challenge - yes. As a challenge on its own no. Volunteer to host Latin America NOW if you want to include that bonus challenge, Gloede. ;)

I like it - especially the purity of the challenge since short films would (obviously?) be excluded.

That reminds me: I was going to suggest a long films challenge this year. Maybe I still will. Let's see if anyone else suggests it first.

Will update the OP after work: in 9-11 hours time.
I suppose so, Sol. I hadn't really thought about short films. I'd have no problem leaving them out.

What would constitute a ''long film'' for you? I tend to think of something over 130 minutes as long. It could be an interesting one, but I don't think I'll put it forward. I have a couple of ideas swirling around in my head for my third and final suggestion.
The unofficial long film challenge basically was a minimum of 3hrs with 1 point per hour beyond three.
Aha, okay. I do think that's a touch on the extreme side, flavo. Something under 3 hours can still be a long film.
That's all, folks!

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » September 8th, 2020, 12:29 am

Roger wrote:What would constitute a ''long film'' for you? I tend to think of something over 130 minutes as long. It could be an interesting one, but I don't think I'll put it forward. I have a couple of ideas swirling around in my head for my third and final suggestion.
The unofficial long films challenge I put together a few years back - and which does get a decent amount of action - starts at over 180m.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 8th, 2020, 12:39 am

3eyes wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:29 am
Roger wrote:What would constitute a ''long film'' for you? I tend to think of something over 130 minutes as long. It could be an interesting one, but I don't think I'll put it forward. I have a couple of ideas swirling around in my head for my third and final suggestion.
The unofficial long films challenge I put together a few years back - and which does get a decent amount of action - starts at over 180m.
Thanks, 3eyes. I think it could perhaps be lowered a bit for an official challenge.
That's all, folks!

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » September 8th, 2020, 6:49 am

sol wrote:
St. Gloede wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 8:13 pm
(and to be clear it is not a specific idea in itself), but what if, for instance, there was one month with 4 separate week long mini-challenges? This could even in incorporated into popular ideas such as Latin America, where 4-5 countries could be picked with 1 week each. Definitely a little hectic for many, but could be a way to promote more focus and discovery.
Latin America was just an example. ;)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 8th, 2020, 9:43 am

I found this image on Reddit, which pretty much aligns with what I was thinking for the challenge:

(of course, Indian cinema pushes the average up a bit)

I'd argue that there are tons of films that are just over two hours, however, 135 mins feels a bit more extreme to me, so I was thinking of using that as the cut-off unless others would prefer it to be higher. I certainly don't think it should be any lower.

OP update coming soon; I'll include it as a suggestion for myself at the moment.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » September 8th, 2020, 9:54 am

That's an awesome (but somewhat disappointing) graph. A film has to be really great to justify a 120-minute runtime imo.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 8th, 2020, 10:05 am

Nice graph, yeah! Pretty much ties in with my gut feeling around 130 minutes.

That average time could certainly do with a bit of a downward trend. I find that so much popular/commercial cinema nowadays is off-puttingly bloated and overly-extended.
That's all, folks!

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » September 8th, 2020, 10:08 am

Absolutely. We went to see The New Mutants this weekend and its 90-minute runtime was absolutely refreshing (and the lack of franchise tie-ins).

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » September 8th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Onderhond wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:08 am
Absolutely. We went to see The New Mutants this weekend and its 90-minute runtime was absolutely refreshing (and the lack of franchise tie-ins).
That's one comic adaptation I'd like to see (loved the comic books, esp the ones Sienkiewicz illustrated) and good to know it's also on the shorter side. Of course all the cinemas near me are all still closed... :whistling:

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » September 8th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Solution: Bring back the double feature, newsreel and cartoon!
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » September 8th, 2020, 10:14 pm

Idea #1 (for me): Two-cuts challenge

Watch two different cuts of the same film. Discuss the differences.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » September 9th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Non-human animal as protagonist/ focal point of film

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 9th, 2020, 3:58 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:14 pm
Idea #1 (for me): Two-cuts challenge

Watch two different cuts of the same film. Discuss the differences.
I have added your suggestion, max - but the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is that I would be able to find 36 movies in a given month (or even 18 if we score it differently) that I would be prepared to essentially watch twice in order to pick on subtle differences with a few minutes added on/removed. But we'll see what others think.

Will update OP again for peeps shortly....
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » September 14th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Thought of a new one: "Platinum Challenge"

You have to finish a list to collect the "Points"

So if you have a list with 20 movies left and you watch all 20 you get 20 points. If you watch 17 you get 0 points.

So do you try to finish a bunch of <5 lists? or do you go for that 120 movie list?

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 15th, 2020, 7:27 am

For my final suggestion, I would like to put forward Action & Adventure.

How many preliminary polls are you planning to hold in order to whittle 2020 proposals down, Sol?

With Fantasy/Sc-Fi, DbW, Westerns and Silents getting permanency, that leaves sixteen slots to fill and I do have a slight concern at all the other challenges from this year (plus last year's five runners-up) getting precedence. Those 21 options only leave 11 options from the preliminary polls put forward this year to make up the 32, that you suggested as the figure you would like to aim for.

Of the non-permanent 2020 options and runners-up, there are seven or perhaps eight options that I favour for next year. However, from the 30 or so suggestions newly put forward in this thread, I could quite easily see myself supporting 10 or 11 of them. I suppose my point of concern is around three or four preliminany polls being held and potentially not being able to vote for options I would wish to support, if they are grouped together with other desired options in that preliminary poll. Would holding two preliminary polls for these 30 or so suggestions be the way to go, to keep things open voting-wise and provide choice for voters?

This isn't meant as a criticism or nit-picking. It's just something that I've been mulling over for the last few days. Forgive me if it seems impertinent to raise it. I do want these new ideas, many of which strike me as fresh, intriguing and imaginative, to be afforded as fair a shake of the dice as possible when up against the 21 options already in the hat.
That's all, folks!

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 15th, 2020, 8:58 am

September 15th, 2020, 7:27 am
How many preliminary polls are you planning to hold in order to whittle 2020 proposals down, Sol?

Of the non-permanent 2020 options and runners-up, there are seven or perhaps eight options that I favour for next year. However, from the 30 or so suggestions newly put forward in this thread, I could quite easily see myself supporting 10 or 11 of them. I suppose my point of concern is around three or four preliminany polls being held and potentially not being able to vote for options I would wish to support, if they are grouped together with other desired options in that preliminary poll. Would holding two preliminary polls for these 30 or so suggestions be the way to go, to keep things open voting-wise and provide choice for voters?
We could do one single preliminary poll - unless we hit the limit for poll options using phpBB's software (I think it's around 60?). If we hit the limit, we could do two preliminary polls, maybe using random number generator or something since there does not seem to be an easy way to divide the suggestions so far in half.
do want these new ideas, many of which strike me as fresh, intriguing and imaginative, to be afforded as fair a shake of the dice as possible when up against the 21 options already in the hat.
I think they will get a fair shake of the dice - especially given the new rule that at least one 2021 Challenge idea has to be an idea that has never been tried before.
Those 21 options only leave 11 options from the preliminary polls put forward this year to make up the 32, that you suggested as the figure you would like to aim for.
I think this is quite fair really.... 11 out of 32 means that over a third of the suggestions on the ballot will be new*. I personally think that's ample to keep everything fresh and interesting without disenfranchising the dozens of users who constantly upvote the same few options every year. :)

EDIT: And if you include the 5 runner-up options from last year (including your beloved Musicals ;)), exactly ONE HALF of the ideas on the final ballot will be ideas not run in 2020. B)
Last edited by sol on September 15th, 2020, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 15th, 2020, 9:05 am

blueboybob wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:39 pm
Thought of a new one: "Platinum Challenge"

You have to finish a list to collect the "Points"

So if you have a list with 20 movies left and you watch all 20 you get 20 points. If you watch 17 you get 0 points.
Sorry, BBB; while I agree that this could make a curious Unofficial Challenge, I don't think it ties well in the Official Challenge Series because:

1. Several regular participants - most notably jdidaco - do not have iCM accounts. I don't think it's fair to include any challenges that would put those who do not use iCM at a disadvantage, needing to manually work out numbers and so forth. Kind of takes away from the fun of the game.

2. The point of the Official Challenge Series, as I see it, is to promote further exploration of cinema and reward those willing to take a leap, no matter how large or small. Awarding somebody zero points at the end of a challenge just because (for example) they had a medical emergency and could only watch 110 out of 120 films on a list in a month does not really seem in the spirit of the game to me.

I like the fact that you're trying to think of new ideas though. Keep it up!
Image Image Image

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 15th, 2020, 9:13 am

A quick update of where are at:

At around midday (let's say plus or minus one hour) AWST ( = 4am GMT ) on Saturday, I will release either one two preliminary polls.

Since we will be voting on a very large array of options, the preliminary poll (or polls, depending how big the number of suggestions are by Saturday) will be public.

The poll or polls will only run for ONE WEEK, after which I will announce the results and private message voting will begin and last for 1-3 weeks (I'm flexible on this).
Image Image Image

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » September 15th, 2020, 9:28 am

Brilliant, Sol! Looking forward to it.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 15th, 2020, 10:05 am

sol wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:58 am

We could do one single preliminary poll - unless we hit the limit for poll options using phpBB's software (I think it's around 60?). If we hit the limit, we could do two preliminary polls, maybe using random number generator or something since there does not seem to be an easy way to divide the suggestions so far in half.
do want these new ideas, many of which strike me as fresh, intriguing and imaginative, to be afforded as fair a shake of the dice as possible when up against the 21 options already in the hat.
I think they will get a fair shake of the dice - especially given the new rule that at least one 2021 Challenge idea has to be an idea that has never been tried before.
Those 21 options only leave 11 options from the preliminary polls put forward this year to make up the 32, that you suggested as the figure you would like to aim for.
I think this is quite fair really.... 11 out of 32 means that over a third of the suggestions on the ballot will be new*. I personally think that's ample to keep everything fresh and interesting without disenfranchising the dozens of users who constantly upvote the same few options every year. :)

EDIT: And if you include the 5 runner-up options from last year (including your beloved Musicals ;)), exactly ONE HALF of the ideas on the final ballot will be ideas not run in 2020. B)
Thank you for the interesting and considerate reply, Sol. That news about one preliminary poll or it being split into two does assuage my concern about voting options. I think either of those plans would allow for the most desired for new ideas to rise to the top.

Very nicely thought out and balanced! And, yes, we could most certainly do with a musical challenge next year! My heart ached at the narrow margin with which it missed out last time around, haha...

:cheers:
That's all, folks!

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » September 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm

What if we skip the preliminary votes, rank straight all the options from most to least favourite (privately or not) and assign points pending ranking ? Would that not give more chances to new options instead of 1vote=1point favouring statu-quo ?
Same process as some of our films polls basically.
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » September 15th, 2020, 7:24 pm

mini-series challenge?

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 15th, 2020, 7:52 pm

hurluberlu wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm
What if we skip the preliminary votes, rank straight all the options from most to least favourite (privately or not) and assign points pending ranking ? Would that not give more chances to new options instead of 1vote=1point favouring statu-quo ?
Same process as some of our films polls basically.
This is something I would actually support and be willing to submit, although it would entail more work for voters to rank their selections from 1 to 16 (or however many) and for Sol in tabulating things. I think one or two preliminary polls is an acceptable way of narrowing things down but your suggestion, hurluberlu, would probably be a purer way of picking out the collectively most wished-for 16 choices.
Last edited by RogerTheMovieManiac88 on September 15th, 2020, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's all, folks!

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » September 15th, 2020, 8:02 pm

I think it is a little late to throw that wrench in this year given that Sol has been setting everything up for one system, but I wouldn't necessarily be against it in the future.

I do think the two rounds have benefits though, as those unlucky in the first round can still make an impact.

We could theoretically also -- next year or a later year -- use a rating system, have a downloadable spreadsheet like DtC and simply run it through the system - it could be say:

3. Would actively participate
2. Would participate
1. Would consider participating
0. Would not participate

We could even weight the actively participate vote more strongly.

Anyways - future years lays ahead.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 15th, 2020, 10:32 pm

September 15th, 2020, 7:52 pm
although it would entail more work for voters to rank their selections from 1 to 16 (or however many) and for Sol in tabulating things. I think one or two preliminary polls is an acceptable way of narrowing things down but your suggestion, hurluberlu, would probably be a purer way of picking out the collectively most wished-for 16 choices.
St. Gloede wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 8:02 pm
I think it is a little late to throw that wrench in this year given that Sol has been setting everything up for one system, but I wouldn't necessarily be against it in the future.

Anyways - future years lays ahead.
Agreed that it would lead to more tabulation work and I don't even know at this stage how much work the private message voting will take in itself, I'm only guessing.

Like Gloede and Roger have said, let's discuss this next year. By this time next year, I will know how much work the private message voting entailed and I will be able to better judge whether it is viable to change voting systems -- but thanks for the suggestion, hurlu.
blueboybob wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:24 pm
mini-series challenge?
OK, I'll add this in.
Image Image Image

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » September 15th, 2020, 11:37 pm

Idea 2:

Food/Eating - finding food and/or eating food should be a dominant theme in the film.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » September 15th, 2020, 11:39 pm

Idea 3: Actor/Actress Linking

You can watch any film to start. Your 2nd film has to feature an actor/actress from the 1st. 3rd film has to feature an actor/actress from the 2nd. Etc.

AB537

Post by AB537 » September 16th, 2020, 12:39 am

I just came across this thread. A couple of suggestions from me:

1. Cannes and/or Venice main competition films. I really enjoyed the Cannes challenge in 2018 and wish I'd had more time to participate. Either or both festivals would offer a huge range of films in terms of genre, language, time period and quality, no doubt including some very obscure hidden gems.

2. La Cinetek list films. This is a French streaming site that compiles lists of recommendations (usually around 50) from acclaimed directors, ranging from universally known people like Scorsese to little-known (often French) filmmakers, with new lists appearing on a fairly regular basis. The individuals who submitted lists are a diverse group, including quite a few women, LGBT directors and people from numerous countries, which leads to a diverse slate of films, including some that are well off the beaten track. While there's considerable overlap with a TSPDT-style list, there's a heavier emphasis on French movies, and most directors highlight lesser-known content from their home countries/regions, including in some cases long-forgotten films they likely grew up watching.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 16th, 2020, 3:22 am

Two ideas I love the sound of there! Actor/Actress linking could be a whole lot of fun and would provide a looseness, while maintaining a thread running through viewings. Never heard of La Cinetek but that sounds like another potentially fascinating one.

I can see myself voting for both of these.
That's all, folks!

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 16th, 2020, 8:53 am

@maxwell - will add both your suggestions in
AB537 wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 12:39 am
1. Cannes and/or Venice main competition films. I really enjoyed the Cannes challenge in 2018 and wish I'd had more time to participate. Either or both festivals would offer a huge range of films in terms of genre, language, time period and quality, no doubt including some very obscure hidden gems.
Since you have enough spare slots, I'll put you down for both In Competition at Cannes and In Competition at Venice for the moment. You can always change your mind and replace one of these ideas later.
AB537 wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 12:39 am
2. La Cinetek list films. This is a French streaming site that compiles lists of recommendations (usually around 50) from acclaimed directors, ranging from universally known people like Scorsese to little-known (often French) filmmakers, with new lists appearing on a fairly regular basis. The individuals who submitted lists are a diverse group, including quite a few women, LGBT directors and people from numerous countries, which leads to a diverse slate of films, including some that are well off the beaten track. While there's considerable overlap with a TSPDT-style list, there's a heavier emphasis on French movies, and most directors highlight lesser-known content from their home countries/regions, including in some cases long-forgotten films they likely grew up watching.
Before I accept this as an idea, I will need you to link me to the list that you are talking about (I can't easily find a list through Google and their site is madness to navigate through).

As a general rule of thumb, I only approve challenge ideas that have at least 1000 possible films. I can't tell off-hand if La Cinetek meets this requirement. If it's only short by a few, I'll permit the idea, but basically (and we've discussed this in the past) we don't really want challenges in which everyone is watching the same things as each other due to lack of variety. More variety also encourages greater participation since users can score well without indulging in rewatches. Again, I can't tell how broad the La Cinetek list off-hand, but I will add the idea if their top list provides enough breadth.
Image Image Image

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 16th, 2020, 9:32 am

Here, I believe, is the section that AB is referring to: https://www.lacinetek.com/la-liste-de.

I counted 92 directors, so, with 50 choices each, there should be quite a lot of choice and variety.
That's all, folks!

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 16th, 2020, 9:39 am

September 16th, 2020, 9:32 am
Here, I believe, is the section that AB is referring to: https://www.lacinetek.com/la-liste-de.

I counted 92 directors, so, with 50 choices each, there should be quite a lot of choice and variety.
That's the link that I found too. A list of movies with big screenshots to scroll through but no plain text list containing all titles.

95 x 50 does sound like a lot on paper, but not all directors are voting for unique choices. With overlap, the actual list size could be much smaller.

But I don't know the actual list size.

What I really need is AB or someone else to link me to an IMDb or iCM (or even Letterboxd) list of every title in the La Cinetek canon before I can approve the idea. It would not be good for the forum to vote the idea either without seeing what the actual list looks like. There's much better chance of the option being voted in if those voting know what the list looks like (preferably in iCM format so they can check how much they have seen etc).
Image Image Image

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » September 16th, 2020, 9:49 am

sol wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 9:39 am

That's the link that I found too. A list of movies with big screenshots to scroll through but no plain text list containing all titles.

95 x 50 does sound like a lot on paper, but not all directors are voting for unique choices. With overlap, the actual list size could be much smaller.

What I really need is AB or someone else to link me to an IMDb or iCM (or even Letterboxd) list of every title in the La Cinetek canon before I can approve the idea. It would not be good for the forum to vote the idea either without seeing what the actual list looks like. There's much better chance of the option being voted in if those voting know what the list looks like (preferably in iCM format so they can check how much they have seen etc).
Yes, I agree with that. I don't really have the desire to trawl through every entry to make a list, so I'll leave that up to somebody with greater energy.
That's all, folks!

AB537

Post by AB537 » September 16th, 2020, 12:50 pm

sol wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 9:39 am

That's the correct link, followed by a director name, e.g. https://www.lacinetek.com/la-liste-de/maren-ade. I'm very confident it would be well over 1000 films in total. Fair point re list, I was thinking of creating one anyway, but can try to prioritize that and put it together on ICM relatively quickly, although by September 19th would be pretty ambitious if that's the deadline. One other question: the site appears to incorporate the lists from Akira Kurosawa and Francois Truffaut that are already official ICM lists. I'm happy to either include or ignore them, depending on your preference.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 16th, 2020, 1:00 pm

AB537 wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 12:50 pm
Fair point re list, I was thinking of creating one anyway, but can try to prioritize that and put it together on ICM relatively quickly, although by September 19th would be pretty ambitious if that's the deadline.
Yes, September 19 is the deadline... around 4:00am GMT too (since that better suits my schedule for the day). If you can't get it done in time for this year's challenge schedule poll, you can always get it ready to plug next year; no pressure intended.
AB537 wrote:
One other question: the site appears to incorporate the lists from Akira Kurosawa and Francois Truffaut that are already official ICM lists. I'm happy to either include or ignore them, depending on your preference.
Include them. Might as well make it the complete list since it will then accurately reflect the source. B)
Image Image Image

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » September 16th, 2020, 6:22 pm

There's a lot of great suggestions here already - I especially like Run the Franchise!

I would like to nominate a return of the Murder/mystery/thriller challenge that we had a couple of years ago. It was actually a combo of two different challenge ideas that got about equal votes but I felt like the combo of sub-genres worked really well together. Could easily be shortened to Mystery & Thriller, actually.

AB537

Post by AB537 » September 17th, 2020, 1:26 am

sol wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 1:00 pm
AB537 wrote:
Fair point re list, I was thinking of creating one anyway, but can try to prioritize that and put it together on ICM relatively quickly, although by September 19th would be pretty ambitious if that's the deadline.
Yes, September 19 is the deadline... around 4:00am GMT too (since that better suits my schedule for the day). If you can't get it done in time for this year's challenge schedule poll, you can always get it ready to plug next year; no pressure intended.
AB537 wrote:
One other question: the site appears to incorporate the lists from Akira Kurosawa and Francois Truffaut that are already official ICM lists. I'm happy to either include or ignore them, depending on your preference.
Include them. Might as well make it the complete list since it will then accurately reflect the source. B)
Makes sense to me. I'll see if I can get the list done by then but the timeline is probably a bit tight (too bad I didn't notice this thread earlier).

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » Yesterday, 9:53 am

Regarding the La Cinetek films, I see AB has already added a list to icm with almost 2000 films: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/la+c ... lms/ab537/

Also, Gershwin's been adding their lists to icm for a few years: https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/lis ... &sort=name
There are 74 individual lists from directors, plus the compilation list with the (currently) Top 148.

AB537

Post by AB537 » Yesterday, 12:30 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
Yesterday, 9:53 am
Regarding the La Cinetek films, I see AB has already added a list to icm with almost 2000 films: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/la+c ... lms/ab537/

Also, Gershwin's been adding their lists to icm for a few years: https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/lis ... &sort=name
There are 74 individual lists from directors, plus the compilation list with the (currently) Top 148.
Yes. I noticed Gershwin had been doing that as well, but there didn't seem to be a full compilation list. I'm about 200 away from completing the list now, which should be done no later than tomorrow. There are currently 88 directors with lists on the site, including the Kurosawa and Truffaut entries that are already separate ICM official lists.