Welcome to the 2020 Official Challenge Series!
This is a fun and friendly competition based on the official challenges for 2020. Everyone is encouraged to participate as much (or as little) as they wish. We'll have an overall challenge competition for this year, as well as several awards you can earn along the way based on your participation in challenges. The overarching goal of this is to have fun and encourage everyone to expand their film knowledge by participating in the various official challenges.
There are a few changes from last year (details below). The first major change is to eliminate the custom writing, and report tables for folks to peruse at their leisure. The second major change is to drop some of the redundant awards that can be gleaned from the OP. If you have questions on the awards, just ask. Discussion thread.
How Does It Work?
Very simply, earn points by participating in challenges. Points are based on your rank for the challenge, and totaled across all challenges you've participated in. (Full details of the scoring can be found in the Official Challenges Leaderboard.) In addition, there will be various awards you can earn along the way for achieving certain milestones. Other advice:
- Record your watches that fit each challenge, even if it's only 1 or 2
- Scoring tends to reward breadth; 5 watches each in 3 challenges tends to be better than 15 watches in a single challenge
- Pay attention to films that count for multiple challenges
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Yes - there will be awards! Awards are based on participation in the challenges this year and achieving various milestones along the way. Just keep participating in challenges, and it's likely you'll earn quite a few of these along the way. Here are the awards:
- Participation (AKA the "Christopher Lee") Award: How many challenges did you participate in*? Awarded in six levels, for participating in 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, and 36 challenges.
*5 films/challenge counts as participation.
- X/X (AKA the "Beautiful Mind") Award: Awarded for watching X movies in X official challenges. There are 36 potential levels with this badge. Every challenge participant will earn at least the 1/1 level. But if you want to earn the highest level, you'd have to watch at least 36 movies in all 36 official challenges.
- Top 5 Performance (AKA the "Oscar Nominees") Award: For placing in the top 5 of a challenge. Level up each time you achieve this (Max 36).
- Obsessed Much? (AKA the "Adrian Monk") Award: For reaching the given threshold in a challenge. Level up each time you exceed the threshold (Max 36). Lower threshold: 36 watches in a single challenge. Upper threshold: 100 watches in a single challenge.
- Triple/Double (AKA "Space Jam") Awards: Watch the most triples in a month? Award. Most doubles in a month? Another award. Level up to 12. Note: This is an "opt-in" award/challenge - to qualify, you must post your doubles and triples in The Triple Challenge - 2020 thread. No thresholds on this one.
|Rank||Participant||Total Score||# Challenges Competed In||Total Number of films Watched for Official Challenges||Average Rank in Challenges||Number of Challenge Wins|
|48||Perception de Ambiguity||25.5||1||36||10.00||0|
|67||fear of 13||5.5||1||2||14.00||0|