Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Nordic, 1950s
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

2020 Challenges: Preliminary Poll #3

Which of these miscellaneous challenge ideas would you like to see voted for in the final poll?

Poll ended at October 9th, 2019, 7:31 am

Based on a novel
5%
Blaxploitation/African American
9%
Christmas/New Year's Movies
5%
Cult/Grindhouse/Drive-In
8%
Counterculture films
5%
Disabilities
3%
French Language Cinema
6%
Immigrant Experience
4%
Independent Cinema
4%
Indigenous Narratives
4%
Labor movement/workers' rights
4%
LGBTIQ+/Queer
9%
Minority Narratives
4%
Parodies & Remakes
5%
Re-watch
7%
Shorts
8%
Stand-Up/Live Performance
5%
String of movie titles
4%

Total votes: 190

sol
Donator

2020 Challenges: Preliminary Poll #3

Post by sol » October 2nd, 2019, 7:31 am

For the past three and a half weeks, we been discussing ideas for the 2020 Official Challenge Schedule.

The thread on this topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4522

In around one week's time, I will be releasing a poll for us to choose which challenge option should make the 2020 lineup. In the meantime, it is necessary for us to narrow down the dozens of genre and theme challenges proposed in order that the final poll is not too cumbersome.

On this thread, you can vote on which proposed miscellaneous themed options you would like to see progress to the final poll on October 9.

NOTE: Not all miscellaneous options will be listed here since the 2019 non-permanent challenge ideas are automatically carried over to the October 9 poll.

For more information, please read the thread that I have linked to above. Just to clarify, this is a poll, not a discussion thread for ideas (that's now closed). This thread can, however, be used to clarify information regarding the ideas being voted on. And no, you don't have to vote for exactly seven options; you can vote for less. Please only vote for challenge ideas that you consider to be worthwhile for our forum to run!
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 600 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » October 2nd, 2019, 2:45 pm

Didn't vote for any of these options.

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » October 2nd, 2019, 3:17 pm

Rewatch and shorts got my votes.

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » October 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

Still, every challenge we do accept rewatches (and yes, they're good for the soul). I don't really get the need for an official challenge where people only rewatch stuff. As for shorts, sure but it's going to be a bitch to host.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » October 2nd, 2019, 4:56 pm

jeroeno wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm
I don't really get the need for an official challenge where people only rewatch stuff. As for shorts, sure but it's going to be a bitch to host.
I don't think this is the right place to bitch about which challenges one does or does not like. If you don't think a Challenge idea would be a good idea, then simply don't vote for it. Which options are performing well at the moment is also not a very good indication of what the final results will be since there are more than six days left before the preliminary polls close.

Also, keep in mind that these are just preliminary polls. Just because something succeeds here does not mean that it will do well in the final poll. :)
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 600 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » October 2nd, 2019, 5:05 pm

jeroeno wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm
I don't really get the need for an official challenge where people only rewatch stuff.
But I do, hence why I voted for it. :P

Coryn

Post by Coryn » October 4th, 2019, 9:43 am

Bom
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » October 8th, 2019, 12:25 pm

bump: I voted shorts, counterculture, Christmas (and other holiday?), independent, and rewatch...