Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directed by women (Results), DtC (Results), 2015 awards (May 23rd), 1930s (May 24th)
Challenges: Western, Iran, Cannes
Film of the Week: Ramrod, June nominations (May 24th)

Official Western Challenge - May 2019

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Re: Official Western Challenge - May 2019

Post by Nathan Treadway » May 3rd, 2019, 4:45 am

Shoot'n 'emShow
1. I quattro dell'Ave Maria (1968) AKA Ace High
2. Tepepa (1969)
3. Vamos a matar, compañeros (1970) AKA Companeros
4. Il Mercenario (1968) AKA The Mercenary
5. Da umomo a unomo (1967) AKA Death Rides a Horse
6. La resa dei conti (1966) AKA The Big Gundown
7. Corri uomo corri (1968) AKA Run, Man, Run
8. Forty Guns (1957)
9. The Missouri Breaks (1976)
10. Two Rode Together (1961)
11. Ehi amico... c'è Sabata. Hai chiuso! (1969) AKA Sabata
12. Oh Susanna! (1936)

Basically, I had 3 goals in mind with this challenge:
-Top 200 on both western lists
-Clear out the Westerns on my watchlist
-Bronze on Spaghetti Westerns.

This finishes the first goal. Only have 3 left on goal 2 and 4 left on goal 3. Afterwards, I'd consider this challenge essentially done for me. Maybe I'll watch more, but, my main focus will be on the Iranian challenge and accomplishing other goals. Maybe I'll work towards Platinum on the Western lists, but, only after I achieve Bronze on Iran.

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » May 3rd, 2019, 4:57 am

01. In Old Arizona (1928)
02. Battle of Rogue River (1954)

sheikofhyrule

Post by sheikofhyrule » May 3rd, 2019, 4:58 am

01. Silver Queen (1942) 6/10
02. Golden Girl (1951) 7/10
SpoilerShow
01. Silver Queen (1942) 6/10
02. Golden Girl (1951) 7/10

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 3rd, 2019, 7:05 am

blocho wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 4:41 am
1. The Mustang (2019)
2. Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969)
I didn't particularly like either of the movies above, but they both feature Bruce Dern, half a century apart.

3. Escape from Fort Bravo (1953)
On the other hand, this one just plain sucked, and even the steely presence of William Holden can't rescue it. The last half hour provides some tension, at least. This movie also belongs to the execrable sub-genre of post-Civil War reconciliationist fantasies in which Yankees and Rebels learn to get along together so they can kill Indians (I seem to remember a bunch of John Ford movies contained this motif).
Sorry blocho, The Mustang doesn't seem to fit the challenge. :(

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 3rd, 2019, 11:06 am

Once Upon a Time in the WestShow
1. Pale Rider (1985)

2. The Sun Shines Bright (1953)

While it is sometimes noticeable that three diverse tales have been stitched together here, this is better than Ford's earlier Judge Priest from 1934. The biggest plus is Ford toning down the comedy of the original and while there are a couple of racial stereotypes, it is a far cry from the original, which is filled with caricature humour. Lead actor Charles Winninger is about equal to Will Rogers in the 1930s version, though he feels closer to Atticus Finch here with some powerful moments as he tries to prevent an innocent African American man from being lynched.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 3rd, 2019, 11:18 am

3. Pale Rider (Clint Eastwood, 1985) - 6.5/10
4. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, 1976) - 6/10
SpoilerShow
1. The Proposition (John Hillcoat, 2005) - 6/10
2. The Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood, 1976) - 8/10

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » May 3rd, 2019, 12:53 pm

shugs wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 7:05 am
blocho wrote:
1. The Mustang (2019)
I didn't particularly like either of the movies above, but they both feature Bruce Dern, half a century apart.

On the other hand, this one just plain sucked, and even the steely presence of William Holden can't rescue it. The last half hour provides some tension, at least. This movie also belongs to the execrable sub-genre of post-Civil War reconciliationist fantasies in which Yankees and Rebels learn to get along together so they can kill Indians (I seem to remember a bunch of John Ford movies contained this motif).
It really should. You should see it. Or not, because it was neither a good prison movie nor a good horse movie nor a good Western.

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » May 4th, 2019, 2:41 am

4. The Law and Jake Wade (1958) - 7/10
5. One-Eyed Jacks (1961) - 7/10

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 4th, 2019, 3:08 am

1. Django the Bastard (Garrone, 1969). Except for some "cool" scenes, this really wasn't all that. It was odd that Django had flashbacks to his past as a Confederate soldier, when he was wearing a Union uniform in the original. Perhaps a different Django?
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » May 4th, 2019, 3:10 am

4. Friendly Persuasion (1956)
Entirely too long and lacking any kind of narrative thrust for like 3/4 of the movie. Could've been called "Those Darn Quakers!"

5. Junior Bonner (1972)
Certainly a change of pace for Peckinpah if you are only familiar with his violence stuff like Straw Dogs and The Wild Bunch. It's almost too laid back for its own good.

6. Django (1966) REWATCH
Man, this is still great. Django is such a dick.

7. The Law and Jake Wade (1958)
Richard Widmark's great as usual and Robert Taylor is a piece of cardboard as usual. Kinda balances out I guess.

8. Dead Birds (2004)
I appreciate it trying to do something a little bit different (Civil War horror movie) but the execution is lacking with an over-reliance on jump scares and weak effects.

9. Apache (1954)
Hm... Burt Lancaster in a cheap wig, brown face and hackneyed, racist dialogue.... This one does not age well...

10. Track of the Cat (1954)
Always nice to see a western in the snow. I feel like this one could've done more with the premise but it was still pretty solid.

11. Heartland (1979)
I just found it really hard to take Rip Torn seriously in this for some reason. Probably a combination of the accent and beard.
DRAW!Show
1. From Hell to Texas (1958)
2. Jauja (2014)
3. Ride in the Whirlwind (1966)
5. Junior Bonner (1972)
6. Django (1966)
8. Dead Birds (2004)
9. Apache (1954)
11. Heartland (1979)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 4th, 2019, 4:04 am

1. Pale Rider (1985)

3. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005)

Barry Pepper offers a nicely layered turn as a kidnapped border patrolman here and the film takes some interesting turns once the journey begins and when they finally reach Mexico. It is over 45 minutes in though before the the kidnapping occurs. The convoluted structure of the film (flashing backwards and forwards in time) is not helpful either, and while the flashbacks give us more insight into the promise made between Tommy Lee Jones and the titular Mexican, they do little to flesh out the bond and camaraderie that we have to assume existed between them.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

fori

Post by fori » May 4th, 2019, 6:23 am

Day 4 (+ end of Day 3)
14. Great Day in the Morning (1956, Jacques Tourneur)
15. Silver River (1948, Raoul Walsh)
16. Go Kill Everybody and Come Back Alone (1968, Enzo G. Castellari)
17. Vengeance (1968, Antonio Margheriti)

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 4th, 2019, 8:22 am

blocho wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:53 pm
shugs wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 7:05 am
blocho wrote:
1. The Mustang (2019)

It really should. You should see it. Or not, because it was neither a good prison movie nor a good horse movie nor a good Western.
I'll keep an eye on the movie this month and if it has a genre update, I will count it towards your score.

Anyways, please keep a look on your stats everyone, and if I messed something up, let me know.

First weekly stats coming tomorrow evening. :cowbow:

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » May 4th, 2019, 8:40 am

03. The Invaders (1912)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 4th, 2019, 9:17 am

1. Pale Rider (1985)

4. A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)

While a bit of a vanity project, Seth McFarlane's wisecracking, sarcastic performance is a highlight here, playing pretty much the only character who acts as if he is from the 21st century. There are some great running gags about how life was like back then, with all the ways to die getting most traction (see above). Clocking in at over two hours, it is an inevitable mixed bag with some gags working far better than others; all of the sheep urination and general scatological humour is very poor. The laughs are, however, generally focused on sending up the way things once were.
Image Image Image

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm

5. Bone Tomahawk (S. Craig Zahler, 2015) - 7/10
6. Il grande silenzio aka The Great Silence (Sergio Corbucci, 1968) - 9/10
SpoilerShow

Straka

Post by Straka » May 4th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Far from my favourite genre, so this challenge will help to watch some more.

1. Quién sabe? (Damiano Damiani, 1967)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 4th, 2019, 4:01 pm

1. Pale Rider (1985)

5. The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968)

The was clearly intended as a Don Knotts comedy vehicle, yet Barbara Rhodes steals the light from under him in every scene she is in, radiating sexuality whilst also challenging Old West female stereotypes. The film is, however, poorly paced with the pair not coming together for ages, and while Knotts is fun to watch playing overly confident and arrogant, this angle does not crop up until halfway in. The Amerindian shenanigans near the end are tiresome too. Still, there are scattered moments in which both leads shine and it was fun seeing a young William Christopher in the mix.
Image Image Image

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 4th, 2019, 4:42 pm

1. Straniero... fatti il segno della croce! (Demofilo Fidani, 1968)

Notice how I didn't list an English title for this (I nearly always do)? There isn't one listed for it on IMDb, but when I was looking for the movie that appears next in my list for this month, I typed in one of the English titles for that on Amazon Prime and got this film. I started watching it thinking it was the other one - same director, similar run time, and of course you can't always trust the names on the English dubs of Italian films for actors and whatnot. By the time I realized my mistake (no FARDIN) I said fuck it, might as well watch the whole thing. I'd advise you not to do the same - or watch the next one unless you're going for those elusive Iranian Western doubles this month, because both films pretty much sucked. Looking at the ratings for Fidani's films as a whole and a couple of reviews, it's pretty clear he's no Sergio L, C or S, and not even on the level of a Castellari or Parolini. Maybe save this shit for the low ratings challenge later this year?

Anyway, this one like the next is basically a story of a guy wanting revenge, and a guy wanting money - no third member of the team here though. Bounty hunter and crippled son of victim of bad guy clean up town, create lots of dead bodies, deal with lots of bad people. Charles Southwood is handsome but pretty bland as the bounty hunter, Jeff Cameron is a bit less handsome and maybe less bland as Lucas Carson, the wronged dude. There's one pretty cool scene involving a canteen, mirror and hidden gun, but otherwise this is sub-par in just about every respect.

2. Ed ora... raccomanda l'anima a Dio! / Mardaneh bekosh / Stranger Say Your Prayers / etc, etc (Demofilo Fidani, 1968)

Listed as a part-Iranian production, with one producer (Hooshang Kaveh) and one of the trio of protagonists (Mohammad Ali Fardin) hailing from the land of roses. How much other involvement there may have been, I don't know - this is one of the more obscure spaghettis and there's nothing I can find about where it was filmed or the nature of the production - why an Iranian actor? It's true that Iranian films in this period were doing a lot of the same things Italian films were doing - cannibalizing genres, trying to rip off better-known productions from the USA or Europe, etc, but info on Iranian films from the 60s is even scarcer than for the low-end spaghettis. So I dunno what made Fardin go to Italy or Spain or wherever this was filmed, but he certainly fits the look of the western hero - or villain - reasonably well -

He's the guy on the left, a prospector who wants to find the men who stole his gold and left him for dead; Fabio Testi on the right is the only surviving member of a family gunned down years before who wants revenge - and a signature on his property claim, stolen by the killers. They're travelling by stage to Denver City when the coach is held up, only to be rescued by the third of the trio, Jeff Cameron, who also has a reason to go to Denver City which is...I don't know. Not much in this film is explained well, and motivations for the large cast of bad guys, women, and good guys seem to come down to greed or revenge, period. Sloppy editing, mediocre music, half-assed gunfights and fistfights all add up to one of the weakest Italian westerns I've seen - and one of the worst Iranian films. Fardin shows some charisma here and doesn't seem out of his element but this seems to have been his only foreign venture, though again who knows given the incomplete data available. He had also developed a career as a writer/director by this point, and in fact one of his bigger hits, the musical Soltan ghalba / King of the Hearts appeared this same year.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 3:08 am
1. Django the Bastard (Garrone, 1969). Except for some "cool" scenes, this really wasn't all that. It was odd that Django had flashbacks to his past as a Confederate soldier, when he was wearing a Union uniform in the original. Perhaps a different Django?
There's very little continuity between most of the Djangos - some were not even originally Django films at all. I believe there's only one official sequel, Django Strikes Again, with Nero in the role a second time 20 years later! Despite that, I thought Django the Bastard had the proper Django vibe. 8/10 :cheers:

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 4th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Yeah "Django" is pretty much like "Hercules" a decade earlier - a marketing name to sell the flicks to foreign markets, even when they have nothing to do with each other apart from basic genre.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 4th, 2019, 5:29 pm

OldAle1 wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Yeah "Django" is pretty much like "Hercules" a decade earlier - a marketing name to sell the flicks to foreign markets, even when they have nothing to do with each other apart from basic genre.
Exactly - most of the Hercules films were retitled from other peplum series like Maciste.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm

1. Friendly Persuasion (1956) - William Wyler 6/10

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » May 4th, 2019, 6:11 pm

psychotronicbeatnik wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Knaldskalle wrote:
There's very little continuity between most of the Djangos - some were not even originally Django films at all. I believe there's only one official sequel, Django Strikes Again, with Nero in the role a second time 20 years later! Despite that, I thought Django the Bastard had the proper Django vibe. 8/10 :cheers:
There were rumors a few years ago about a third official Django movie, with Franco Nero returning, and directed by John Sayles. I would pay a lot to see that, but I think it never happened.

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » May 4th, 2019, 8:04 pm

4. Westward the Women (1951)
This is a very unusual Western. I can't say I really liked it, but I definitely appreciated how it is different from a typical Western. I think it is unusual for two reasons:
- The tremendous cruelty of the story, in which multiple likable characters are killed for no good reason. In this way, the movie feels a little more honest about the 19th century Western experience than most Westerns of the postwar era.
- The importance of women to the story. In college, I read a book called "West of Everything: The Inner Life of Westerns" by a literary scholar named Jane Tompkins. I remember that she argued that women were not so much oppressed or discriminated against in westerns as they were simply irrelevant. Her argument was that the western was at least partially defined by narratives characterized by male centrality, with women appearing as motive forces or decoration but rarely displaying any agency. This movie still has male centrality in the lead character, but women actually have agency and are at the center of the narrative.

5. Run, Man, Run (1968)
Enjoyable Spaghetti Western with Tomas Milian as Mexican bandit Cuchillo, chasing a treasure in gold while competing for the prize with bandits, revolutionaries, mercenaries, a bounty hunter, the Salvation Army, the federales, and his own girlfriend. The story loses coherence and pace in the second half, unfortunately.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 4th, 2019, 8:19 pm

blocho wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 6:11 pm
psychotronicbeatnik wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Knaldskalle wrote:
There were rumors a few years ago about a third official Django movie, with Franco Nero returning, and directed by John Sayles. I would pay a lot to see that, but I think it never happened.
I was hoping the success of Tarantino's Django might get the ball rolling on that one. The Deadwood movie finally getting made 13 years after the series ended gives me hope that many projects in limbo could still happen.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 4th, 2019, 8:20 pm

5. Law of the Lash (1947 / Ray Taylor) FTV 6+/10
6. Forty Thieves (1944 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7+/10
7. Hidden Gold (1940 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7/10
8. The Arizona Kid (1939 / Joseph Kane) 7+/10
9. Young Buffalo Bill (1940 / Joseph Kane) FTV 7+/10
10. Man From Oklahoma (1945 / Frank McDonald) FTV 7/10
11. Return of the Lash (1947 / Ray Taylor) FTV 7/10

On my Cayuse, let me wonder over yonder…Show
1. Border Patrol (1943 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7/10
2. Doomed Caravan (1941 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7/10
3. Fool’s Gold (1946 / George Archainbaud) FTV 7/10
4. Song of Old Wyoming (1945 / Robert Tansey) FTV 7+/10

5. Law of the Lash (1947 / Ray Taylor) FTV 6+/10
6. Forty Thieves (1944 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7+/10
7. Hidden Gold (1940 / Lesley Selander) FTV 7/10
8. The Arizona Kid (1939 / Joseph Kane) 7+/10
9. Young Buffalo Bill (1940 / Joseph Kane) FTV 7+/10
10. Man From Oklahoma (1945 / Frank McDonald) FTV 7/10
11. Return of the Lash (1947 / Ray Taylor) FTV 7/10

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice » May 4th, 2019, 8:47 pm

3, Sundown Trail-1931: 5/10
SpoilerShow
1. Northwest Rangers-1942: 6/10
2, River's End-1940: 6/10

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » May 5th, 2019, 1:42 am

1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018)

I enjoyed the ironic twists on the various tropes of the genre.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » May 5th, 2019, 3:07 am

6. Run of the Arrow (1957) - 6/10

fori

Post by fori » May 5th, 2019, 3:21 am

Day 5 (+ end of Day 4)
18. Lawman (1971, Michael Winner)
19. Time to Die (1966, Arturo Ripstein)
20. Gold Is Where You Find It (1938, Michael Curtiz)
21. King of Texas (2002, Uli Edel)

AB537

Post by AB537 » May 5th, 2019, 4:31 am

2. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (John Sturges, 1957)
3. Ride Lonesome (Budd Boetticher, 1959)
4. The Man from Laramie (Anthony Mann, 1955)

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 5th, 2019, 6:00 am

1. Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)
3 deep in Peckinpah, and liked zero of them...

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 5th, 2019, 12:12 pm

1. Pale Rider (1985)
5. The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968)

6. The Ridiculous 6 (2015)

Much of the humour is of the gross-out and lowbrow variety here. Several gags are also drawn out to exhaustion (John Turturro's invention of baseball in particular). The film is surprisingly very watchable though with Adam Sandler getting to do some Zohan-like stunts and a star-studded supporting cast including Harvey Keitel and Steve Buscemi in delightfully zany supporting roles. The main cast fare less well though; in fact, Rob Schneider is pretty much the only likeable sibling among the brothers (see above).

7. The Proposition (2005)

The titular proposition is certainly interesting here, with things unraveling in a fascinating way as it soon becomes apparent that the law officer had no authority to make such a proposition in the first place. The unlikely nature of the premise works against the film's credibility though and with constant cuts between the lawman and the brother's tales, tension only builds on occasion. Some of the violence is unexpectedly brutal, but I did not find the story especially engaging in spite of the graphic imagery and grit.
Image Image Image

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm

7. Johnny Guitar (Nicholas Ray, 1954) - 6/10
8. Rio Bravo (Howard Hawks, 1959) - 9/10
SpoilerShow
5. Bone Tomahawk (S. Craig Zahler, 2015) - 7/10
6. Il grande silenzio aka The Great Silence (Sergio Corbucci, 1968) - 9/10

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm

So, almost a week has passed. fori is currently leading the challenge with 21 watches, followed by Nathan Treadway on the second place with 12 watches and flavo5000 and psychotronicbeatnik competing for the third place with eleven watches.

The most watched movie so far has been The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, by the Coen brothers, with 3 watches.
Most Watched MoviesShow
MovieDirectorYearCountryWatches
The Ballad of Buster ScruggsEthan Coen, Joel Coen2018USA3
The Law and Jake WadeJohn Sturges1958USA2
Friendly PersuasionWilliam Wyler1956USA2
The Sun Shines BrightJohn Ford1953USA2
Pale RiderClint Eastwood1985USA2
The PropositionJohn Hillcoat2005Australia, UK2
Dead BirdsAlex Turner2004USA2
Corri uomo corriSergio Sollima1968Italy, France2
The most watched directors (with 4 watches each), are Lesley Selander, John Ford, John Sturges and Sergio Corbucci.
Most Watched DirectorsShow
DirectorWatches
Lesley Selander4
John Ford4
John Sturges4
Sergio Corbucci4
Joseph Kane3
Clint Eastwood3
Joel Coen3
Ethan Coen3
William A. Wellman3
Sergio Sollima3
Demofilo Fidani2
Giulio Petroni2
Raoul Walsh2
Alex Turner2
Lloyd Bacon2
William Wyler2
Michael Curtiz2
Jacques Tourneur2
Sam Peckinpah2
Monte Hellman2
Anthony Mann2
Ray Taylor2
Samuel Fuller2
John Hillcoat2
The most watched genre has been shockingly enough, western. :blink:
Most Watched GenresShow
GenreWatches
Western109
Drama45
Romance28
Comedy19
Action17
Adventure13
Musical6
Crime5
Mystery5
Horror4
Biography3
History3
Thriller3
War3
Music2
The most watched country has been the USA, followed far behind by the home of spaghetti westerns, Italy. There would have been fewer countries in the list, but Jauja seems to have been produced by three continents.
Most Watched CountriesShow
CountryWatches
USA84
Italy21
Spain8
France7
Mexico4
UK4
West Germany2
Canada2
Australia2
Iran1
Netherlands1
Brazil1
Germany1
Argentina1
Denmark1
1968 leads as the year with the most watches.
Most Watched YearsShow
YearWatches
And looking at the distribution per decade, the 90s have been neglected so far. I plan to watch Dances with Wolves, so that will fix the hole. :D
Watches per decadeShow

Let me know if there are any other stats you would like to see.

And does anyone know if you can make striped tables in BBCode (similar to https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_c ... _zebra.asp) ? So far, the solution has evaded me.

albajos

Post by albajos » May 5th, 2019, 3:51 pm

yesterday
03. La escondida (1956) Mexico 11 checks [double]
04. Friendly Persuasion (1956) USA 3 official lists 694 checks [double]

today
05. The Gunfighter (1950) USA 7 official lists 1 569 checks
06. Requiescant (1967) Italy | Monaco 2 official lists 192 checks
07. Forty Guns (1957) USA 9 official lists 1 093 checks
08. The Naked Spur (1953) USA 8 official lists 1 908 checks

I also saw Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, but I'm keeping that out of this challenge.

Off. list progress:
+3 100 Westerns (BFI Screen Guide) (42,0%)
+1 Western (84,0%)
+1 Spaghetti Westerns (18,0%)

Ayayaya!Show
01. Paint Your Wagon (1969) USA 1 official list 940 checks
02. The Sun Shines Bright (1953) USA 4 official lists 379 checks [double]

!seen 8

Straka

Post by Straka » May 5th, 2019, 4:59 pm

2. Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Once Upon a Time in AlmeríaShow
1. Quién sabe? (Damiano Damiani, 1967)
2. Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 5th, 2019, 6:14 pm

shugs wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm
And does anyone know if you can make striped tables in BBCode (similar to https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_c ... _zebra.asp) ? So far, the solution has evaded me.
Not possible (97% sure) - I looked into tons of table formatting stuff when we moved to this forum, but the BBcode for tables is pretty stripped down compared to what you can do with HTML. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to alternate text color by row, which is admittedly imperfect, but I don't know of a way to change the cell's background color.

PS: Love the stats!

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » May 5th, 2019, 6:19 pm

12. The Bargain (1914)
13. The Unforgiven (1960)
14. Un uomo chiamato Apocalisse Joe (!970)
15. Aces Wild (1936)
16. No Name on the Bullet (1959)
17. Canyon Passage (1946)
18. Zachariah (1971)
DRAW!Show
1. From Hell to Texas (1958)
2. Jauja (2014)
3. Ride in the Whirlwind (1966)
5. Junior Bonner (1972)
6. Django (1966)
8. Dead Birds (2004)
9. Apache (1954)
11. Heartland (1979)
12. The Bargain (1914)
13. The Unforgiven (1960)
14. Un uomo chiamato Apocalisse Joe (!970)
15. Aces Wild (1936)
16. No Name on the Bullet (1959)
17. Canyon Passage (1946)
18. Zachariah (1971)