If you're reading this, you're probably aware I've been doing the 2018 Official Challenge Series and Awards thread this year. This thread here is for feedback about the project.
Broad general questions I'm asking:
- What do you like about this?
- What do you dislike about this?
- Any awards you want to get rid of (e.g., do we need another award for challenge winners?)?
- Any new awards you'd like to see (e.g., an award for 3rd place finishes)?
- Thoughts on pacing?
Data I'm Tracking
Data in the OP of challenge threads. This consists of participant name and number of watches, usually ranked - but nothing else regarding individual challenge stats. I'm also tracking challenge "metadata" (e.g., year, month, challenge name, host)
Things I can't change
- Scoring for the Overall Challenge Leaderboard. I like the system we have, and I'm not really interested in breaking ties.
- The Data I'm tracking. We can't really require more of challenge hosts, so I have to rely on what's in the OP. (Metadata can be added to, though)
Things I can change
- Any calculation. As long as it's based on the data I'm tracking, I can change any calculation.
- Presentation of Results. Anything, including images, text, explanations, formatting, pacing,...
So yeah - what are your thoughts?