Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Nordic, 1950s
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

Sample Challenge Hosting Excel Template

maxwelldeux
Donator

Sample Challenge Hosting Excel Template

Post by maxwelldeux » August 8th, 2018, 5:54 am

In an effort to make challenge hosting (official or unofficial) easier for people, I've attached a sample Excel spreadsheet that does most of the work for you.

In column A, list the challenge participants alphabetically (they're easier to find that way). In column B, list the watch counts. Right-click at the top of the pivot table (i.e, cell D1) and select "Refresh". Then, copy the relevant rows (i.e., row 1 through however many participants there are) in columns F through L, and paste them between the "table" tags here in the forum.

Ranks are automatically calculated. Updates may be available upon request.

EDIT: Link to a Google Sheets Version (enter values in the first two columns; values should update automatically). Copy the columns E:K and put them between

Code: Select all

[table][/table]
tags and you should be good to go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Sample Challenge Hosting File.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by maxwelldeux on October 26th, 2019, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » April 30th, 2019, 2:47 am

Updated with a Google Sheets version.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » April 30th, 2019, 3:19 am

thanks Maxwell, hopefully this will continue to work better for lazy dummies like me.

And for those anxiously waiting for the 1932 poll results, I should put them up in a few hours.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » April 30th, 2019, 11:16 am

OldAle1 wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 3:19 am
And for those anxiously waiting for the 1932 poll results, I should put them up in a few hours.
It might be better for you to start the Iranian Challenge thread first. I'm not planning to stay up until midnight to watch my first Iranian film, but it's going to hit May on my side of the world at least in less than five hours. :turned:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 600 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » October 26th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Bump with a slightly easier Google Sheet link