Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jun 30th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Roar, July nominations (Jun 25th)

They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? Challenge

erde

Post by erde »

Prat wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am This morning...

274. Female Trouble (1974) #999
275. The Reckless Moment (1949) #998

And that's it !

:banana: :banana: :banana: PLATINUM ! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Woohoo! :party: :party: :party:

Congratulations, Prat!!! :cheers:

I'm so happy for you! Doesn't it feel great after such a long and determined project? :circle:
Prat

Post by Prat »

erde wrote: June 6th, 2021, 9:44 am
Woohoo! :party: :party: :party:

Congratulations, Prat!!! :cheers:

I'm so happy for you! Doesn't it feel great after such a long and determined project? :circle:
Thank you ! :cheers:

And yes, it feels great !! I was kind of afraid to have that feeling of "void" when you complete sometimes that take a lot of time, but no, I was happy and did continue to watch others movies.

So many great movies on TSPDT, so many discoveries, even after the top 500. Until the end of the list, we can enjoy various cinemas. So rewarding and fun ! My only, and little, regret is the lack of representation of the 21st century, but I guess that's normal considering time is needed before a movie can be acclaimed enough to go up in the top 1000.
erde

Post by erde »

Prat wrote: June 6th, 2021, 3:36 pm Thank you ! :cheers:

And yes, it feels great !! I was kind of afraid to have that feeling of "void" when you complete sometimes that take a lot of time, but no, I was happy and did continue to watch others movies.

So many great movies on TSPDT, so many discoveries, even after the top 500. Until the end of the list, we can enjoy various cinemas. So rewarding and fun ! My only, and little, regret is the lack of representation of the 21st century, but I guess that's normal considering time is needed before a movie can be acclaimed enough to go up in the top 1000.
Great to hear! I guess that I had that feeling of void a little myself, but not in a bad way. Just a feeling of accomplishment and relaxation with a firm sense that I won't be taking on another project of this magnitude in some time. :lol: I thought at first that I'd like to start another big challenge quite soon, but it turned out that no, I actually don't. I just enjoy my freedom and lack of big watchlists for a while, and will probably just watch whatever I feel like any given evening this year. (I have one small watchlist that I am checking with my friend, but it's just 50 films. I have thought of watching most of them during the summer holidays. So far I've also aimed at recompleting all my platinums each year, and I will probably continue doing that.)

I have a feeling that the next Sight & Sound poll next spring will change up the TSPDT list a lot, because there will no doubt be a lot new 21st century films in it, and it obviously has a big impact on the TSPDT list. It will be interesting to see!

Do you have a next goal in mind? I have thought about completing 1001 MYMSBYD and/or S&S list next year, maybe.
Prat

Post by Prat »

erde wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:49 pm Great to hear! I guess that I had that feeling of void a little myself, but not in a bad way. Just a feeling of accomplishment and relaxation with a firm sense that I won't be taking on another project of this magnitude in some time. :lol: I thought at first that I'd like to start another big challenge quite soon, but it turned out that no, I actually don't. I just enjoy my freedom and lack of big watchlists for a while, and will probably just watch whatever I feel like any given evening this year. (I have one small watchlist that I am checking with my friend, but it's just 50 films. I have thought of watching most of them during the summer holidays. So far I've also aimed at recompleting all my platinums each year, and I will probably continue doing that.)

I have a feeling that the next Sight & Sound poll next spring will change up the TSPDT list a lot, because there will no doubt be a lot new 21st century films in it, and it obviously has a big impact on the TSPDT list. It will be interesting to see!

Do you have a next goal in mind? I have thought about completing 1001 MYMSBYD and/or S&S list next year, maybe.
I hear you ! Same here, I just want to relax and watch what I want, without saying "just 147 to go!" :lol:
You're absolutely right to do as you please, I hope you'll have good times with it, and let us know when you'll have a new big challenge in mind. I'm thinking of using an old topic created by Kas in the challenge section for platinum goals in general. Could be a way to be motivated, posting in there regularly ^^

I just checked Sight & Sound and indeed it's updated every ten years so you're right, we should have a huge change. First on S&S on 2022 and then on TSPDT in 2023.

For a next goal, I'm doing as you do now, watching stuff with a more free schedule. There is the LGBT challenge this month and it's the occasion to watch more of those films ; maybe I'll get to the gold award on the list (let's dream and say : platinum). After that, my only goal is to watch the movies on 9+ lists I have left (49 at the moment). But no pressure.
Completing Schneider's 1001 would be a great goal ! TSPDT is an amazing list but I really feel like 1001 movies is the most known list of films, so it would be perfect to show off during a dîner en ville :lol: