Page 3 of 3

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 1:58 pm
by metaller
If I'm not mistaken this was the first round where both of my favorites advance. So, you go other voters, well done. :thumbsup:

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 7:21 pm
by sebby
Armoreska on May 14 2018, 06:33:55 AM wrote:
sebby on May 14 2018, 03:55:39 AM wrote:1. La casa del ángel
2. Ritzar bez bronya
3. Ice Cold in Alex
4. Tou ze
but what of the scores?

41 votes
Do you really wanna know...

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 7:34 pm
by joachimt
sebby on May 14 2018, 01:21:54 PM wrote:
Armoreska on May 14 2018, 06:33:55 AM wrote:
sebby on May 14 2018, 03:55:39 AM wrote:1. La casa del ángel
2. Ritzar bez bronya
3. Ice Cold in Alex
4. Tou ze
but what of the scores?

41 votes
Do you really wanna know...
YES!

*hesitating to hit "Post Reply"*

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 7:36 pm
by Pretentious Hipster
There's a reason why I stopped posting scores too.

Nice to see someone (sebby) getting the same rankings as me.

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 8:48 pm
by Angel Glez
zuma on May 13 2018, 02:19:27 PM wrote:
joachimt on May 13 2018, 02:06:03 PM wrote:
RBG on May 13 2018, 01:59:18 PM wrote:good thing i don't have to pick another film as i obviously have no clue what you people would like :ermm:
We are hard to predict! :P

On the other hand, I think most people here liked La casa del angel, but it's just a tough group. I think the only thing you could have done better is picking something of which a better quality version survives.
Yep. Good quality and decent subs are a must, otherwise your film is at a disadvantage before the match even starts.
I agree about subs, but give me an interesting VHS and you can keep your overvalued Criterion. :P

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 8:58 pm
by joachimt
joachimt on May 14 2018, 01:34:11 PM wrote:
sebby on May 14 2018, 01:21:54 PM wrote:
Armoreska on May 14 2018, 06:33:55 AM wrote:but what of the scores?

41 votes
Do you really wanna know...
YES!

*hesitating to hit "Post Reply"*
I take this back. I just looked at your Criticker-profile and saw the ratings. Don't post it here!! :o

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm
by Armoreska
joachimt on May 14 2018, 02:58:14 PM wrote:
joachimt on May 14 2018, 01:34:11 PM wrote:
sebby on May 14 2018, 01:21:54 PM wrote:Do you really wanna know...
YES!

*hesitating to hit "Post Reply"*
I take this back. I just looked at your Criticker-profile and saw the ratings. Don't post it here!! :o
4,3,2,1?

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 10:36 pm
by Mario Gaborović
sebby, you should take a vacation in Bahamas come July and only then start watching films again. They may seem better to you.

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 10:47 pm
by sebby
Mario Gaborović on May 14 2018, 04:36:14 PM wrote:sebby, you should take a vacation in Bahamas come July and only then start watching films again. They may seem better to you.
Would you like to fund my holiday?

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 14th, 2018, 11:55 pm
by maxwelldeux
sebby on May 14 2018, 04:47:52 PM wrote:
Mario Gaborović on May 14 2018, 04:36:14 PM wrote:sebby, you should take a vacation in Bahamas come July and only then start watching films again. They may seem better to you.
Would you like to fund my holiday?
If we're getting holidays funded, I want in.

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 15th, 2018, 12:00 am
by RogerTheMovieManiac88
Apologies for not voting this round. When I went to look at 'Ritzar bez bronya' last night my download that I had saved wouldn't work and I subsequently couldn't find the film at all online.

A pity as I very much like the three other films in this group and was looking forward to finally seeing a film with the celebrated Apostol Karamitev. I suppose at least I'll learn the lesson of leaving it to the last few hours to make sure I have access to a copy of the film!

'Ice Cold in Alex' is one of favourite wartime adventures tales of its kind and that would certainly have been one of my picks to progress. I really got progressively more immersed in the off-kilter angles and moody, oppressive settings and lighting in the remarkable 'La casa del ángel'. That use of settings and art direction is spellbinding and brilliantly disturbing. I loved the humanism and understated yet distinctly compassionate sense of duty and love in Hui's 'A Simple Life'. Two memorable and wonderfully warm lead performances from Deanie Ip and Andy Lau!

Three terrific choices by the managers. I would have ranked and rated the three I saw as follows:

'Ice Cold in Alex' - 10/10
'La casa del ángel' - 9/10
'A Simple Life' - 8/10

I'll endeavour to not miss out on another round through such an unfortunate mix-up!

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 15th, 2018, 3:50 am
by RBG
thanks for playing everyone!

World Cup, Season 3, Match 1G: England vs Hong Kong vs Bulga

Posted: May 15th, 2018, 3:53 am
by RBG
Angel Glez on May 14 2018, 02:48:11 PM wrote:
zuma on May 13 2018, 02:19:27 PM wrote:
joachimt on May 13 2018, 02:06:03 PM wrote:We are hard to predict! :P

On the other hand, I think most people here liked La casa del angel, but it's just a tough group. I think the only thing you could have done better is picking something of which a better quality version survives.
Yep. Good quality and decent subs are a must, otherwise your film is at a disadvantage before the match even starts.
I agree about subs, but give me an interesting VHS and you can keep your overvalued Criterion. :P
i'd go further than angel; i think poor quality actually enhances the effect of some films B) i see Detour is getting a 4K restoration. that seems like sacrilege. b movies should look like b movies :folded: but i suppose i'm just old fashioned