Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Akage, June nominations (May 28th)

Film World Cup - Season 3 - Discussion before preparation

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#201

Post by joachimt »

Lonewolf2003 on Oct 10 2017, 12:26:44 PM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 11:52:12 AM wrote:
beavis on Oct 10 2017, 11:17:18 AM wrote:Do i really have a privilege to select a country first? My own picks didn't do great, they were not easy choices, but that shouldn't matter. That finalist position i was just temporary filling in... And also didn't make it :)
Nothing personal, but that's not really fair indeed. Kingink made it to the QF and you blew it for him. :lol:

These 8 get to pick first (starting tomorrow in a new thread):

mjf314
tommy_leazaq
funkybusiness
klaus78
kingink
sortile9io
monty
Carmel98

But it's pretty safe to assume kingink won't use this opportunity.
Is it sure the others will want or able to be manager again?
No, not sure, but the get a chance for a few days.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#202

Post by joachimt »

Lonewolf2003 on Oct 10 2017, 12:28:54 PM wrote:I miss Nambia btw.
It must be there, somewhere, I think...... where was it? :think:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
albajos
Posts: 6942
Joined: May 24th, 2016, 6:00 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

#203

Post by albajos »

joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 12:39:42 PM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Oct 10 2017, 12:28:54 PM wrote:I miss Nambia btw.
It must be there, somewhere, I think...... where was it? :think:
It's called Nambia now. Trump decided it
User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 3287
Joined: January 23rd, 2013, 7:00 am
Contact:

#204

Post by sortile9io »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 10 2017, 10:24:33 AM wrote:
frbrown on Oct 10 2017, 10:17:32 AM wrote:Catalonia?
Let's wait and see. Don't make angry sortile and AngelGlez. :lol:
Well, not this time. Maybe in the future...
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12792
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#205

Post by monty »

Lonewolf2003 on Oct 10 2017, 12:26:44 PM wrote:Is it sure the others will want or able to be manager again?
:yas:
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3743
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#206

Post by Mario Gaborović »

joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 12:33:29 PM wrote:These 8 get to pick first (starting tomorrow in a new thread):

mjf314
tommy_leazaq
funkybusiness
klaus78
kingink
sortile9io
monty
Carmel98
Maybe you should contact these people as the new thread was supposed to start already, and they're nowhere to be seen in sight lately.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 13485
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#207

Post by Armoreska »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 08:44:55 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 12:33:29 PM wrote:These 8 get to pick first (starting tomorrow in a new thread):

mjf314
tommy_leazaq
funkybusiness
klaus78
kingink
sortile9io
monty
Carmel98
Maybe you should contact these people as the new thread was supposed to start already, and they're nowhere to be seen in sight lately.
One shouldn't fetch them from somewhere, they should come of their own volition.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#208

Post by joachimt »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 08:44:55 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 12:33:29 PM wrote:These 8 get to pick first (starting tomorrow in a new thread):

mjf314
tommy_leazaq
funkybusiness
klaus78
kingink
sortile9io
monty
Carmel98
Maybe you should contact these people as the new thread was supposed to start already, and they're nowhere to be seen in sight lately.
1. I planned to send all of these a PM here on this forum. Not going to find them elsewhere.
2. The new thread was supposed to start already? What do you mean?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#209

Post by joachimt »

The poll is decided:

Option 4:
48 countries. Round 1: groups of 4 with best 2 proceeding. Round 2: groups of 3 with 1 proceeding. Other rounds one-on-one.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3743
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#210

Post by Mario Gaborović »

joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 11:00:20 AM wrote:2. The new thread was supposed to start already? What do you mean?
It's about signing-up countries; yesterday you said it's gonna be tomorrow, that's today.
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5469
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#211

Post by Fergenaprido »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 10 2017, 09:35:21 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 10 2017, 09:30:42 AM wrote:Trying to make a list of countries of the world for this. Using this source at the moment:
https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/a ... tries.html

If we use such a list, Hong Kong can't be picked, because it's not a separate country, but a "special administrative region". Previously Hong Kong did compete in our WC as a separate country. We probably discussed this before, but I don't remember precisely.
We said anything that's listed on IMDb except dissolved states should be included. Plus Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I wish if Fergenaprido could teach me how to make that beautiful map of his he made at the beginning of Season 2. :whistling:
I just use the templates from wikipedia and edit accordingly. I love maps. :)

Let me know which map you want to see, and I'll create it for you. I can create one of the results from season 2, if you'd like. I'm heading out tomorrow for 6 days for work, so I might not get a chance until I get back, though.

These are the maps I showed last season, I believe

Results of first season
Image

Participants
red: season 1 only
light blue: season 2 only
dark blue: both seasons
Image

(In case the images don't show, direct links to...
first map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .43.49.png
second map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .09.01.png )
🧚‍♂️🦫
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3743
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#212

Post by Mario Gaborović »

EDIT: You can make a map of countries that already participated, and those which are going to participate now (in the 3rd season).
Last edited by Mario Gaborović on October 11th, 2017, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#213

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 11:00:57 AM wrote:The poll is decided:

Option 4:
48 countries. Round 1: groups of 4 with best 2 proceeding. Round 2: groups of 3 with 1 proceeding. Other rounds one-on-one.
For those of us who haven't been intimately following the thread, can you give a brief rundown of the planned timeline with this option?
User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 3287
Joined: January 23rd, 2013, 7:00 am
Contact:

#214

Post by sortile9io »

Fergenaprido on Oct 11 2017, 11:49:04 AM wrote:(In case the images don't show, direct links to...
first map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .43.49.png
second map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .09.01.png )
I can't see them in either way.
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3743
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#215

Post by Mario Gaborović »

sortile9io on Oct 11 2017, 11:58:41 AM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Oct 11 2017, 11:49:04 AM wrote:(In case the images don't show, direct links to...
first map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .43.49.png
second map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .09.01.png )
I can't see them in either way.
You have to download them to your HD and then click.
User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 3287
Joined: January 23rd, 2013, 7:00 am
Contact:

#216

Post by sortile9io »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 11:59:15 AM wrote:
sortile9io on Oct 11 2017, 11:58:41 AM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Oct 11 2017, 11:49:04 AM wrote:(In case the images don't show, direct links to...
first map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .43.49.png
second map: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/ ... .09.01.png )
I can't see them in either way.
You have to download them to your HD and then click.
That makes no difference.
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#217

Post by joachimt »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 11:09:44 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 11:00:20 AM wrote:2. The new thread was supposed to start already? What do you mean?
It's about signing-up countries; yesterday you said it's gonna be tomorrow, that's today.
And today isn't over yet. <_<

Sometimes you really need to change your tone of voice. Saying that something SHOULD have happened already, sounds very impatient. You do realize some people have to work during the day?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#218

Post by joachimt »

PeacefulAnarchy on Oct 11 2017, 11:52:48 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 11:00:57 AM wrote:The poll is decided:

Option 4:
48 countries. Round 1: groups of 4 with best 2 proceeding. Round 2: groups of 3 with 1 proceeding. Other rounds one-on-one.
For those of us who haven't been intimately following the thread, can you give a brief rundown of the planned timeline with this option?
Round 1:
48 countries divided into groups of 4.
4 weeks per match.
1.5 weeks overlap.
#1 and #2 in a group proceed to next round.

Round 2:
24 countries divided into groups of 3.
3 weeks per match.
1 week overlap.
#1 proceeds to next round.

Round 3 till Final:
2 countries per match.
2 weeks per match.
0.5 weeks overlap.

Pace is around 6 to 6.5 movies per month. Whole tournament will last for about 14.5 months.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3743
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#219

Post by Mario Gaborović »

joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 12:43:16 PM wrote:Sometimes you really need to change your tone of voice. Saying that something SHOULD have happened already, sounds very impatient.
Just got a feel that things used to go smoothlier before. Or was it because more people frequented the forum? No idea.
Last edited by Mario Gaborović on October 11th, 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33889
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#220

Post by joachimt »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 12:55:29 PM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 11 2017, 12:43:16 PM wrote:Sometimes you really need to change your tone of voice. Saying that something SHOULD have happened already, sounds very impatient.
Just got a feel that things used to go smoothlier before. Or was it because more people frequented the forum? No idea.
More people wouldn't have mattered in this case. It's me who opens this thread, so it's me you have to wait for. I always work a full day on Wednesday.

I'm going to bring my kid to bed now ...... if you don't mind.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5469
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#221

Post by Fergenaprido »

Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 11:52:33 AM wrote:EDIT: You can make a map of countries that already participated, and those which are going to participate now (in the 3rd season).
Sure, I'll work on those later today.
sortile9io on Oct 11 2017, 12:04:31 PM wrote:
Mario Gaborović on Oct 11 2017, 11:59:15 AM wrote:
sortile9io on Oct 11 2017, 11:58:41 AM wrote:I can't see them in either way.
You have to download them to your HD and then click.
That makes no difference.
Weird. I'm at the airport now, but once I get to the hotel I'll transfer the images from photobucket to imgur and repost them for all to see. I think it will make more sense to post them in the new signup thread instead of here.
🧚‍♂️🦫
Post Reply