Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1964 (Sep 28th), 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 6th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Summing up Season 2 of the iCM World Cup - Lessons Learnt and the Way Ahead

joachimt
Donator

Summing up Season 2 of the iCM World Cup - Lessons Learnt an

Post by joachimt » September 22nd, 2017, 6:22 pm

sortile9io on Sep 22 2017, 09:30:42 AM wrote:0. Do you want to change something? Yes/No. In the answer is "Yes" proceed to polls 1-N otherwise go straight to the preparation stage (managers sign-up, countries, pots, etc.). Because maybe there's no need to go again through the same series of polls and discussions we've had before.
Good point.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » September 22nd, 2017, 8:35 pm

I'll be ready. I have a kinda interest in managing a country. But I watch so few films these days, that I'd feel like not honoring the position enough.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

toro913

Post by toro913 » September 22nd, 2017, 8:38 pm

I'm very interested and would like to manage. The sooner the better btw.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » September 22nd, 2017, 9:09 pm

metaller on Sep 22 2017, 02:35:59 PM wrote:I'll be ready. I have a kinda interest in managing a country. But I watch so few films these days, that I'd feel like not honoring the position enough.
You could be the first Swiss manager, then. :party:

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » September 22nd, 2017, 9:32 pm

Mario Gaborović on Sep 22 2017, 11:36:41 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Sep 22 2017, 11:11:10 AM wrote:January seems like a great time to start indeed. Which makes now a good time to start the preparations discussion.
- Season 2 batch of 80 films was definitely better than Season 1, so learn from it.
- Invite new members to join and manage already from introduction page, I guess they'd be glad.
- Somebody take Switzerland & Bulgaria this time dammit.
- We can live without Senegal third time, can't we.
Somebody will take Switzerland. ;)
iCM

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Matthew 25:37-40)

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 23rd, 2017, 12:16 am

Isn't Switzerland another one of those made up countries? You know, like Finland. I mean, a peaceful mountain democracy given to neutrality and making clocks and chocolates where people speak different languages and belong to historically antagonistic ethnic groups but mostly get along.

Hardly seems like a real place on this planet. HTNPDRKY?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » September 23rd, 2017, 6:13 am

I was also thinking about this recently. I'd be in for this again if it started in January. Also gives me enough time to watch the three remaining films from season 2 before it starts :p Finally watched Al-makhdu'un this week.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » September 23rd, 2017, 12:36 pm

xianjiro on Sep 22 2017, 06:16:09 PM wrote:Isn't Switzerland another one of those made up countries? You know, like Finland. I mean, a peaceful mountain democracy given to neutrality and making clocks and chocolates where people speak different languages and belong to historically antagonistic ethnic groups but mostly get along.

Hardly seems like a real place on this planet. HTNPDRKY?
Actually when you hear them talking, it sounds way different than German. For instance, where Germans say "o" they pronounce it "uuhhh". And many of their last names end up with -li.
So they're different I guess.