Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

World Cup, Season 2, Match 3rd place: Egypt vs Spain

Mochard
Posts: 2012
Joined: May 13, 2011
Location: California, USA was Manchester, UK
Contact:

World Cup, Season 2, Match 3rd place: Egypt vs Spain

#81

Post by Mochard » March 20th, 2017, 3:04 am

8 hours till the deadline - I guess I could force myself to watch the rest of Kit-Kat!

wasabi
Posts: 204
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#82

Post by wasabi » March 20th, 2017, 3:28 am

1.Kit Kat
2.Torremolinos 73
希望在没有对方的生活里,我们都更加的平静快乐。

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12768
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#83

Post by monty » March 20th, 2017, 3:39 am

Any further thoughts on either film, wasabi?

wasabi
Posts: 204
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#84

Post by wasabi » March 20th, 2017, 3:54 am

not much: I liked the music of kit kat.
希望在没有对方的生活里,我们都更加的平静快乐。

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12768
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#85

Post by monty » March 20th, 2017, 4:05 am

yeah, I agree, the music pulled at my heartstrings, too. If only Kit Kat had featured lots more song and dance numbers, then it would have rivalled the glories of Turkish comedy for me.

wasabi
Posts: 204
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#86

Post by wasabi » March 20th, 2017, 4:39 am

Actually I think the music is quite well, and I don't think adding more songs and dances would make it a better movie(just my opinion). I think I also liked the different story lines in kit kat; Torremolinos 73 is a good comedy, but I guess I just enjoyed comedies that brought me both happiness and sadness more than others...
希望在没有对方的生活里,我们都更加的平静快乐。

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3269
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#87

Post by Fergenaprido » March 20th, 2017, 6:29 am

monty on Mar 19 2017, 02:03:14 PM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Mar 19 2017, 11:47:40 AM wrote:What do they say in Danish when they first meet the crew in Torremolinos?
See my earlier post.
(Btw, the film crew is a mix of Danes and Swedes.)
Ah, I missed that. Thanks.

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 10807
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#88

Post by mjf314 » March 20th, 2017, 6:32 am

1. Torremolinos 73
2. Kit Kat

Mochard
Posts: 2012
Joined: May 13, 2011
Location: California, USA was Manchester, UK
Contact:

#89

Post by Mochard » March 20th, 2017, 6:58 am

Comedies are hit and miss with me. I actually think I may have rated Kit Kat on the high side but I'll leave it.

1. Torremolinos 73 - 6/10
2. Kit Kat - 5/10

User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3137
Joined: Apr 11, 2014
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#90

Post by Mario Gaborović » March 20th, 2017, 7:07 am

ImageKit Kat - ImageTorremolinos 73: 5 - 19

4 hours left.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29573
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#91

Post by joachimt » March 20th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Mario Gaborović on Mar 20 2017, 01:07:46 AM wrote:ImageKit Kat - ImageTorremolinos 73: 5 - 19

4 hours left.
Match over now. This is the final score.

Spain wins.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29573
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#92

Post by joachimt » March 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Complete list of participantsShow
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"


User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13085
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#94

Post by brokenface » March 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participantsShow
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P

User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3137
Joined: Apr 11, 2014
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#95

Post by Mario Gaborović » March 20th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Image

Do you know how to throw in bronze match here, joachim?

User avatar
zuma
Donator
Posts: 1944
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

#96

Post by zuma » March 20th, 2017, 3:50 pm

brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participantsShow
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
Last edited by zuma on March 20th, 2017, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29573
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#97

Post by joachimt » March 20th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Mario Gaborović on Mar 20 2017, 09:45:47 AM wrote:Do you know how to throw in bronze match here, joachim?
Image
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29573
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#98

Post by joachimt » March 20th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Average votecount was 34 this season.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29573
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#99

Post by joachimt » March 20th, 2017, 4:01 pm

zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participantsShow
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
zuma
Donator
Posts: 1944
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

#100

Post by zuma » March 20th, 2017, 4:09 pm

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
1) Third place match in general
2) Third place match after the end of the tournament
3) Contrived theme

User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13085
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#101

Post by brokenface » March 20th, 2017, 11:21 pm

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
Just not really interested in 3rd place matches in general and the films didn't appeal enough to overcome that.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12768
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#102

Post by monty » March 20th, 2017, 11:46 pm

brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 05:21:40 PM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote: Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
Just not really interested in 3rd place matches in general and the films didn't appeal enough to overcome that.
Would it have helped if the match had come before the final and if the Spanish entry hadn't been labelled a "sex comedy"?

Post Reply