About a year ago we chose our favorite directorial debut, cause everybody has to start somewhere. Alas everything also has to end at some point. So this time we're going to chose our favorite final movies directed by a director, i.e. favorite directorial swan songs.
Only director's final features are eligible for this poll!
The criteria for eligibility:
- It has to be the final movie directed by a director, not the last one (posthumously) released.
- Only feature movies of 40 minutes or more
- The movie has to been publicly released (Although I think that's less on issue this time than with debuts.)
- Tv movies, straight-to-video/streaming service movies are allowed
- Co-directions are eligible
- Anthology films (aka omnibus film) consisting of segments by different directors are not eligible
Based on Ferge's spreadsheet for the debut poll and using above criteria I made this extensive, but far from complete master list spreadsheet. With the help of gromit82 and RolandKirkSunglasses, who provide a lot of input; THANKS!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Legenda: Marked Red are directors that are still active. Green ones that have died and orange that have (most probably) retired. Orange movies are ones I'm not completely sure about
The master list on
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/dire ... ewolf2003/
You can all help in compiling this list further! You can help by either commenting in the spreadsheet or by making a post here, preferably with the full name of the director, movie title and IMDb link. You can also post your own IMDb or ICM List of course, I will check those periodically for missing movies. As you all hopefully understand it will take me too much time and effort to check close to 4700 directors by myself alone. Of course please also let me know if I made any mistakes in the list or anybody is missing. I mostly used IMDb as a source, but we all know that's not always infallible. Your help is of course much appreciated!
If you are unsure if a movie is eligible or think it is debatable as being the final feature, don't feel afraid to ask. In fact I strongly encourage discussions to constantly improve the list of eligible titles.
DEADLINE = 15 July 2022
(Yes this is some time from now, but I will be on holiday the first two week of July so won't be able to process and post the result than anyhow. And this poll probably can benefit from running a little longer than usual)
- IMDb- or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
- Lists can be any length.
- Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
- Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.