The 1980s; the decade many of us were born. It was the decade of the end of the Cold War and rise of laissez-faire capitalism, glasnost and perestroika, Reagan and Thatcher, Michael Jackson and Madonna, greed and coke, MTV and Ninja Turtles, AIDS and Live Aid, Nintendo and IBM, the mullet and shoulder pads, the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Tiananmen Square protests. Plus many more wars, elections, coups, crises, trends, disasters, deaths, births, sport matches, inventions, etc. Which can't all be mentioned in this very brief recap, that isn't meant as a comprehensive nuanced history lesson on the 1980s, but as an OP to chose our favorite movies from the 1980s (again).
| Top 250
| Complete List
|Results thread||Nominations Thread|
DEADLINE = 3 NOVEMBER 2021
- Nominees must be from 1980 - 1989 according to imdb. Which means the year in brackets next to the title, not the release-date in your country. IIMBb will be leading in this, but with good argumentation exceptions can be made
- IMDb- or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
- Lists can be any length.
- Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
*A mini-series is 16 episodes or less, not multiple seasons, and not planned to be longer but canceled, and is intended as a single unified work and not episodic.
- Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
- Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
1980s movies you rated on imdb
1980s movies on a imdb list (replace X with the list id)