Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Akage, June nominations (May 28th)

iCM Forum's Favorite Movies of the 1970s, 2nd Edition; Nominations

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
Lonewolf2003
Donator

iCM Forum's Favorite Movies of the 1970s, 2nd Edition; Nominations

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

iCM Forum's Favorite Movies of the 1970s
2nd Edition

Nominations

The 1970s were a decade in the last century. A lot of stuff happened then. There were wars, elections, uprisings, crises and scandals. People were born and died. Sport matches were won and lost. Things were invented. Trends came and went. Amidst all of this people also made movies. Some great, some terrible and everything in between. In 2015 we for the first time chose which movies from the 1970s we most dig. Now almost 5 1/2 years later it's time to do so again.

DEADLINE = 29 MAY 2021
  • Nominees must be from 1970 - 1979 according to imdb. Which means the year in brackets next to the title, not the release-date in your country.*
  • IMDb- or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
  • Lists can be any length.
  • Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
    *A mini-series is 16 episodes or less, not multiple seasons, and not planned to be longer but canceled, and is intended as a single unified work and not episodic.
  • Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
  • Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
List length last time was 250 and half-life 50, which it will be again unless there is good reason to deviate from it.

Some help:
1970s movies you rated on imdb
1970s movies on a imdb list (replace X with the list id)
Participants ()
Please check if your list is stated, ordered and linked correctly. And is set to public. For iCM lists you can also set it to "Friends" and befriend me. Don't edit your post, but make a new post or at least notify me of the edit in a new post.

Last edition:
:ICM: Top 250
:imdb: Top 250
:ICM: Complete List
:imdb: Complete List
Results thread
Nominations Thread
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

1-45 ranked
rest unranked

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls500750852/
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

arritame no yume nikki & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies

:letbxd: wordpress twitter :ICM:
Perception de Ambiguity

Post by Perception de Ambiguity »

We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/best ... onderhond/

Ranked. Wondered for a sec whether I'd add my 3.5* ratings (mostly martial arts stuff, some Wakamatsu too), but why bother :)
beavis

Post by beavis »

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/the+ ... is/beavis/
ranked

so many HUGE favorites here, my favorite decade!
lots of directors with multiple entries, but 3 at most (for Tarkovsky, Duras and Visconti)
just last month I saw a huge new favorite from Carmelo Bene, which gives him now two entries with Salome and Don Giovanni
one of the most underseen directors btw, so give him a chance if you're planning on watching some movies for this poll...
TraverseTown

Post by TraverseTown »

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/trav ... versetown/ ranked

gonna keep updating til the deadline
cinewest

Post by cinewest »

I might fiddle with my list / ranking a little more, but here's 70 of my favorites from the 70's. This is perhaps my favorite decade for American movies, particularly those revisionist genre films full of social / political reflection, and I have included my favorites.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls500754826/
Last edited by cinewest on May 5th, 2021, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.