Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: La donna del lago, June nominations (May 28th)

iCM Forum's Favorite Coming of Age Movies; Nominations

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

iCM Forum's Favorite Coming of Age Movies; Nominations

#1

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

iCM Forum's Favorite Coming of Age Movies
Nominations
Image

We all have to grow up some time, writers and directors also did at one point. Following the basic writing lesson of sticking to what you know, it is a stable theme to explore in movies (and other media).

Coming of age film portrays the time of life when the protagonist(s) grows up, focusing on how he or she matures emotionally. Depicting the psychological and moral growth during the transition of a protagonist from youth to adulthood. Among others themes of self-discovery, sexual awakening and responsibilities vs. the loss of childhood dreams and naivete often play a big role. Protagonists are most often adolescents, although they can also be (slightly) younger or older. Often set in the past during the filmmakers own formative years, these movies are frequently infused with nostalgia.
(more info: https://www.allmovie.com/subgenre/coming-of-age-d959, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming-of-age_story)

I'm not going to set strict eligibility rules, since I have neither the means nor knowledge to verify all nominated movies. But I will remove clearly ineligible titles; if you nominate Haneke's Amour you better be prepared to explain your reason ;). If you are unsure if a movie is eligible, don't feel afraid to ask.

DEADLINE =30 APRIL 2021

Rules:
  • IMDb- or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
  • Lists can be any length.
  • Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
    *A mini-series is 16 episodes or less, not multiple seasons, and not planned to be longer but canceled, and is intended as a single unified work and not episodic.
  • Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
  • Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
Half-life = TBD
Participant = 24
Please check if your list is stated, ordered and linked correctly. And is set to public. For iCM lists you can also set it to "Friends" and befriend me. Don't edit your post, but make a new post or at least notify me of the edit in a new post.
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on May 1st, 2021, 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4631
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 7:00 am
Contact:

#3

Post by Carmel1379 »

My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088251125/

A ranked, public, certified non-trolling list, subject to change. Sincerely, Carmel
Spoiler
(although I would like to point out the amazing coming-of-age franchise masterpiece Harry Potter did have a troll in its Book 1, "The Philosopher's Stone".

'A Series of Unfortunate Events', on the other hand, had none. No magic or foolish drugs in that book cereal.

PewDiePie - Coco (Music Video) 4K

Spoiler
Thanks fu
arritame no yume nikki & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies
User avatar
Mifune
Posts: 18
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 8:24 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#5

Post by Mifune »

I like the ambivalence of this topic. Decided to exclude genrefilms like Leon, Come and See, Ivan's Childhood, Pan's Labyrinth oder Let the Right One In for more consistency, but included Never Let Me Go. :think:

My ranked list: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... uechtiger/
> 500 german movie reviews - Filmsucht.org
User avatar
Perception de Ambiguity
Posts: 3873
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#6

Post by Perception de Ambiguity »

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088259807/
1-27: ranked
28+ : unranked
Last edited by Perception de Ambiguity on April 8th, 2021, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 6849
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#7

Post by Onderhond »

This was pretty tricky. Tried to make sure characters weren't too young/old, with the dominant genre tilting more to drama (not romance) and focused on the growing pains characters are dealing with. Also tried to avoid other genres with coming of age themes in the background.

Managed a top 30, mostly because Japan has some good teen flicks.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/best ... onderhond/ (RANKED)
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2938
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#8

Post by Torgo »

Spotted the American one!

Carmel1379 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:23 am My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088251125/

A ranked, public, certified non-trolling list, subject to change. Sincerely, Carmel
Thanks for the troll-free ;) list. Many of my favorites there when it comes to this topic (Mysterious Skin!!, Eighth Grade, Fish Tank, Lady Bird ..).

Haven't thought about this much yet, hard to assemble a selection without a Loneferg-sponsored masterlist :D , but if there's only one thing certain about movies from the 2010s and 2000s, it's that they finally got teenage & adolescence right.
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 6849
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#9

Post by Onderhond »

Torgo wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:29 pm Spotted the American one!
Sorry to disappoint, but no US film present. One UK one though (which caused the confusion I think) :)
User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8711
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#10

Post by jvv »

User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4631
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 7:00 am
Contact:

#11

Post by Carmel1379 »

Torgo wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:29 pm
Carmel1379 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:23 am My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088251125/

A ranked, public, certified non-trolling list, subject to change. Sincerely, Carmel
Thanks for the troll-free ;) list. Many of my favorites there when it comes to this topic (Mysterious Skin!!, Eighth Grade, Fish Tank, Lady Bird ..).

Haven't thought about this much yet, hard to assemble a selection without a Loneferg-sponsored masterlist :D , but if there's only one thing certain about movies from the 2010s and 2000s, it's that they finally got teenage & adolescence right.
Shiver me timbers! Master Torgo! I'm honoured, and humbly at your service.
Don't Do It Cartman!
I'm warning you!
If it pleases thy heart I could augment my "trolling" prowess and include the eight Harry Potter movies in my personal list, but -- I swear by the Wes Andersonian (or is it Andersonesque?) Gods -- some irrational obsessive-compulsive reason forces me to keep a cardinality upper bound of eleven-squared titles, so including those would mean I'd have to also include films such as 'Under the Silver Lake', 'Moonlight', and 'Star Wars', consequently expanding my list to at least -- to use a Polish phrase for "a lot" -- "tysiącpięçsetstodziewięćset", and I'm sure no one would want to see that.

For what it's worth, I would like to once again apologise to the entire forum for my lack of manners & detestable behaviour these past few months. To defer any sort personal responsibility for my past horrid actions (including, most likely, this post, that I will very much regret in the future and will be a source of deep anxiety for hours to come), I would like to take the easy route and merely say "That wasn't really me", a phrase justified through the framework of "psychosis" (see "psychotic break", "this boy snapped", "he went (no)mad", "she lost control", "a bout of losing your mind"), a subject I'm 101% sure Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia, includes more true (and nothing but true) hyperlinked information about.

However, dear reader, you will be pleased to know I have decided to stop torturing other people with unintelligible boring prose, and merely torture myself with unintelligible boring prose, because -- that's left! -- I have made a new IMDb queendom (plenty of spoilers for the book cereal 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' everywhere on there, though), where I can dent, vent, and babble (in the mode of unintelligible boring prose) as much as I like. What's so torturous about it is of course the fact IMDb has a horrid list-making system, namely you can't shuffle / drag-&-drop titles like on Letterboxd or iCheckMovies or the olden IMDb days, so my sad, unintelligible, and boring linguistic-cum-numerological delusions are only intensified. ("cum" between two words is a latin-derived short-hand used by very serious distinguished academics, by the way.) (Come on man, why you do this to me, can I not read Don Quijote or study Knot Theory (which is of course NOT theory (that's probably a Top 10 joke about maths modules)) in a relatively relaxed manner? [Why am I thinking about Bo Burnham's autotune 'Make Happy' ending and how Kanye's crew stole ideas for their 'All of the Lights' music video from Gaspar Noé's 'Enter the Void' opening credits just now?] :ermm:)

Drugs are bad, m'kay. TV is good, m'kay. Factory Farming is very, Very evil, m'kay.

For the record, I am growing more sane & healthy. The mid-March looney bin tricked admittance, wrecking havoc there, and "getting fired" from that place (that's literally how the Flemish called it) precisely one week ago, has permanently shed all my past delusions of grandeur, time-travel, alien planets, and whatnot. Ecce homo.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events is a series of thirteen children's novels written by American author Daniel Handler under the pen name Lemony Snicket. The books follow the turbulent lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Series_ ... ate_Events

Thank you for reading :hug:
I whole-heartedly agree (shout-out to A24, I guess :unsure:) , but part of me is very sad they didn't make any films in the 1760s for us to enjoy and learn from, I would be very curious to see that period's depiction of teenage and septuagenarian years. Oh wait, no need, we have 'Barry Lyndon' for that. But I'm confused again now -- could that cinematographic masterpiece also be considered a coming of age motion picture? :sweat:
arritame no yume nikki & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies
User avatar
Caracortada
Posts: 751
Joined: November 21st, 2014, 7:00 am
Contact:

#12

Post by Caracortada »

My list

There are some cases of doubt, but I focused on protagonists who are getting nearer to adulthood, go through psychological changes, and make decisions about their future. The origin of this genre must be the old Bildungsroman.
Lakigigar
Posts: 2030
Joined: October 31st, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#13

Post by Lakigigar »

Is Euphoria eligible?

And The End of the F**cking World?
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#14

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Lakigigar wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:14 pm Is Euphoria eligible?

And The End of the F**cking World?
No, cause both are tv series. Since the second had and the first is planned to have a second season. Sorry.
User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4631
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 7:00 am
Contact:

#15

Post by Carmel1379 »

Lonewolf2003 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:39 pm
Lakigigar wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:14 pm Is Euphoria eligible?

And The End of the F**cking World?
No, cause both are tv series. Since the second had and the first is planned to have a second season. Sorry.
What about the specials? (I haven't seen them.)
arritame no yume nikki & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#16

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Carmel1379 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:06 pm
Lonewolf2003 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:39 pm
Lakigigar wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:14 pm Is Euphoria eligible?

And The End of the F**cking World?
No, cause both are tv series. Since the second had and the first is planned to have a second season. Sorry.
What about the specials? (I haven't seen them.)
I know too little about them to make a def call on them now. Maybe someone can tell me more, if needed.
But generally said if these specials are true stand alone specials that can be seen as a kind of TV movie/short it is allowed. If they are basically just extra episodes, they aren’t.
Lakigigar
Posts: 2030
Joined: October 31st, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#17

Post by Lakigigar »

I'm confused about including Midsommar, A Clockwork Orange, WolfWalkers, Song of the Sea, Manchester by the Sea, Whiplash, American Beauty, Captain Fantastic, Like Me, It Follows and a few more but decided not to include them (unless someone gives me a reason why they should). I think the list also is going to be more interesting with a slightly more "strict" definition of coming-of-age.

At the end, i was able to make this top 50. Perhaps i might see a few more movies this month, and they might end up in the list too but not really sure.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088221928/

Trying to see the following movies before the deadline! (although not sure if each of them qualifies for this list), but we will see.

April Story
All About Lily Chou Chou
Hana and Alice
Wolf Children
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Mysterious Skin
Gummo
Babyteeth
Mid90s
Waves
Princess Cyd
Flower
A Swedish Love Story
Ginger Snaps
Beach Rats
The Return
Take Care of my Cat
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2938
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#18

Post by Torgo »

Lakigigar wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:41 am Trying to see the following movies before the deadline! (although not sure if each of them qualifies for this list), but we will see.

April Story
All About Lily Chou Chou
Hana and Alice
Wolf Children
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Mysterious Skin
Gummo
Babyteeth
Mid90s
Waves
Princess Cyd
Flower
A Swedish Love Story
Ginger Snaps
Beach Rats
The Return
Take Care of my Cat
So of them you have to see, really.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2938
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#19

Post by Torgo »

Carmel1379 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:44 am
Torgo wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:29 pm
Carmel1379 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:23 am My list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088251125/

A ranked, public, certified non-trolling list, subject to change. Sincerely, Carmel
Thanks for the troll-free ;) list. Many of my favorites there when it comes to this topic (Mysterious Skin!!, Eighth Grade, Fish Tank, Lady Bird ..).

Haven't thought about this much yet, hard to assemble a selection without a Loneferg-sponsored masterlist :D , but if there's only one thing certain about movies from the 2010s and 2000s, it's that they finally got teenage & adolescence right.
Shiver me timbers! Master Torgo! I'm honoured, and humbly at your service.
Don't Do It Cartman!
I'm warning you!
If it pleases thy heart I could augment my "trolling" prowess and include the eight Harry Potter movies in my personal list, but -- I swear by the Wes Andersonian (or is it Andersonesque?) Gods -- some irrational obsessive-compulsive reason forces me to keep a cardinality upper bound of eleven-squared titles, so including those would mean I'd have to also include films such as 'Under the Silver Lake', 'Moonlight', and 'Star Wars', consequently expanding my list to at least -- to use a Polish phrase for "a lot" -- "tysiącpięçsetstodziewięćset", and I'm sure no one would want to see that.

For what it's worth, I would like to once again apologise to the entire forum for my lack of manners & detestable behaviour these past few months. To defer any sort personal responsibility for my past horrid actions (including, most likely, this post, that I will very much regret in the future and will be a source of deep anxiety for hours to come), I would like to take the easy route and merely say "That wasn't really me", a phrase justified through the framework of "psychosis" (see "psychotic break", "this boy snapped", "he went (no)mad", "she lost control", "a bout of losing your mind"), a subject I'm 101% sure Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia, includes more true (and nothing but true) hyperlinked information about.

However, dear reader, you will be pleased to know I have decided to stop torturing other people with unintelligible boring prose, and merely torture myself with unintelligible boring prose, because -- that's left! -- I have made a new IMDb queendom (plenty of spoilers for the book cereal 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' everywhere on there, though), where I can dent, vent, and babble (in the mode of unintelligible boring prose) as much as I like. What's so torturous about it is of course the fact IMDb has a horrid list-making system, namely you can't shuffle / drag-&-drop titles like on Letterboxd or iCheckMovies or the olden IMDb days, so my sad, unintelligible, and boring linguistic-cum-numerological delusions are only intensified. ("cum" between two words is a latin-derived short-hand used by very serious distinguished academics, by the way.) (Come on man, why you do this to me, can I not read Don Quijote or study Knot Theory (which is of course NOT theory (that's probably a Top 10 joke about maths modules)) in a relatively relaxed manner? [Why am I thinking about Bo Burnham's autotune 'Make Happy' ending and how Kanye's crew stole ideas for their 'All of the Lights' music video from Gaspar Noé's 'Enter the Void' opening credits just now?] :ermm:)

Drugs are bad, m'kay. TV is good, m'kay. Factory Farming is very, Very evil, m'kay.

For the record, I am growing more sane & healthy. The mid-March looney bin tricked admittance, wrecking havoc there, and "getting fired" from that place (that's literally how the Flemish called it) precisely one week ago, has permanently shed all my past delusions of grandeur, time-travel, alien planets, and whatnot. Ecce homo.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events is a series of thirteen children's novels written by American author Daniel Handler under the pen name Lemony Snicket. The books follow the turbulent lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Series_ ... ate_Events

Thank you for reading :hug:
I whole-heartedly agree (shout-out to A24, I guess :unsure:) , but part of me is very sad they didn't make any films in the 1760s for us to enjoy and learn from, I would be very curious to see that period's depiction of teenage and septuagenarian years. Oh wait, no need, we have 'Barry Lyndon' for that. But I'm confused again now -- could that cinematographic masterpiece also be considered a coming of age motion picture? :sweat:
Thanks for your post, Carmel! I'm sure many of the forumers, olde and new, are reading these threads meticulously. And we care. About things, conditions, the system, and, people. Just like you: humans, persons, posters, personalities .. and their lifes.
Feel free to share - and keep the great lists coming!
:thumbsup:
User avatar
zzzorf
Posts: 1246
Joined: April 14th, 2018, 6:00 am
Location: Kempsey, NSW, Australia
Contact:

#20

Post by zzzorf »

One of my favourite genres. I've been waiting for this poll. My list is ranked as per my Flickchart as usual.
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/my+f ... es/zzzorf/
beasterne
Posts: 755
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 6:00 am
Contact:

#21

Post by beasterne »

I couldn't figure out a great way to filter for entries in this list. I ended up just going through my favorites list to start, and then adding films from others' lists that were posted here. Some of these films aren't necessarily coming of age, per se, but if the story can be read as a metaphor for maturation or growing up I included some of those films as well.

Here's my top 40, ranked:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/favo ... beasterne/
User avatar
beavis
Posts: 2930
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

#22

Post by beavis »

I'm not going to make a list for this. Both because I think I don't have a great affinity with the subject and feel like most people who say they do, are interested mostly in recent films with a teen protagonist, regardless if any growth is the main theme of the film... (just my perception)... but I do wanted to give a few shout-outs, so these might not get overlooked:

the granddaddy of the "genre" (maybe...): https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/i+vitelloni/
influencing so much of what came next from https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/los+chicos/ to https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/fen ... ai+de+ren/
and I also really liked
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/do+ ... clamation/
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/ren ... e+juillet/
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11907
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#23

Post by mjf314 »

Would anyone be willing to make an iCM list of all nominations so far? That would make it easier to participate, because the IMDb tag is probably missing a lot of movies.
User avatar
Gordon_Gekko
Posts: 311
Joined: March 9th, 2019, 9:49 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

#24

Post by Gordon_Gekko »

mjf314 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 5:34 am Would anyone be willing to make an iCM list of all nominations so far? That would make it easier to participate, because the IMDb tag is probably missing a lot of movies.
I can do that.

In Progress:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... don_gekko/
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#26

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Gordon_Gekko wrote: April 16th, 2021, 8:35 pm
mjf314 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 5:34 am Would anyone be willing to make an iCM list of all nominations so far? That would make it easier to participate, because the IMDb tag is probably missing a lot of movies.
I can do that.

In Progress:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... don_gekko/
Thanks
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11907
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#27

Post by mjf314 »

@Gordon_Gekko: Thanks.
User avatar
Mysterious Dude
Posts: 235
Joined: March 19th, 2018, 6:00 am
Contact:

#30

Post by Mysterious Dude »

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088258639/ (all ranked)

This still needs some work, but I'd better post it now so I don't forget.

Question for anyone: Is it still a "coming of age" movie if the kid dies in the end? When we were voting for future polls, I assumed there wouldn't be much difference between "coming of age" movies and "movies with child protagonists," but as I was going through my favorites, I wondered, "did this kid really 'come of age' while he was being bludgeoned to death?"
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#31

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Mysterious Dude wrote: April 20th, 2021, 10:28 pm https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088258639/ (all ranked)

This still needs some work, but I'd better post it now so I don't forget.

Question for anyone: Is it still a "coming of age" movie if the kid dies in the end? When we were voting for future polls, I assumed there wouldn't be much difference between "coming of age" movies and "movies with child protagonists," but as I was going through my favorites, I wondered, "did this kid really 'come of age' while he was being bludgeoned to death?"
I don’t know if you have any specific movie in mind. But generally speaking, dying in the end doesn’t stop a character from having a character arc, so a kid can come of age and die in the end.
User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 7241
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#32

Post by 3eyes »

Helter-skelter (unranked):

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls088872590/
:run: STILL the Gaffer!
User avatar
hurluberlu
Donator
Posts: 2500
Joined: January 4th, 2017, 7:00 am
Contact:

#33

Post by hurluberlu »

#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
kongs_speech
Posts: 1481
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Location: FL
Contact:

#34

Post by kongs_speech »

🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
Image
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#35

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Updated the OP!
Please check if your list is stated, ordered and linked correctly.

Only 18 lists so far, hope to get some more the last few days. Will try to make a list myself too.
User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 11438
Joined: February 3rd, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#36

Post by sol »

How many hours left until the deadline?
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
User avatar
RogerTheMovieManiac88
Posts: 2012
Joined: February 4th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Contact:

#37

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

There might be a case to leave nominations open for a few further days. I've been so focused on other things that I haven't even thought about this yet.
That's all, folks!
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#38

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

sol wrote: April 30th, 2021, 10:36 am How many hours left until the deadline?
Almost 24 hours until 30 april is over everywhere in the world.

I will be downloading the list somewhere in the afternoon tomorrow (Dutch time). So get your list in before that.
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11369
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#39

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

RogerTheMovieManiac88 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 11:01 am There might be a case to leave nominations open for a few further days. I've been so focused on other things that I haven't even thought about this yet.
No sorry, nominations will be closed tomorrow.
User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 11438
Joined: February 3rd, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#40

Post by sol »

Lonewolf2003 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 12:12 pm
sol wrote: April 30th, 2021, 10:36 am How many hours left until the deadline?
Almost 24 hours until 30 april is over everywhere in the world.

I will be downloading the list somewhere in the afternoon tomorrow (Dutch time). So get your list in before that.
Yeah, no problem. I'll try to get onto this before bed after I squeeze in one more films before the April Challenges are over for me.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
Post Reply