Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

World Cup, Season 4, Match SFA: India vs Poland (Nov 5th)

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I understand. Armo's posts have annoyed me for years. We're ranking the titles, not just posting ratings. A numbered list should be mandatory. :folded:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

So sorry, I didn't realize some nations rank lists bottom to top.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Opio

Post by Opio »

1. Wrony
2. Labour of Love

Nice picks -- very similar ratings for me. Good ending in the Indian film. Maybe if it was the length of Wrony, or a bit shorter, it would've won the match-up for me.
Angel Glez

Post by Angel Glez »

1. Wrony
2. Asha Jaoar Majhe
jvv
Donator

Post by jvv »

1. Wrony
2. Asha Jaoar Majhe
edward5

Post by edward5 »

1. Asha Jaoar Majhe
2. Wrony
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

both losers (Bharat,Eesti) are going out on a high.
I rated all 4 movies 7.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway »

1. Wrony
2. Asha Jaoar Majhe

Pulling out the heavy hitters in the semis!
filmbantha

Post by filmbantha »

This was a close one, both films were beautifully shot but neither grabbed me or made much of an impression.

1. Asha Jaoar Majhe 6/10
2. Wrony 6/10
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Watched Crows a few years ago, I think it was FOTW or some other promotion here. Didn't feel the need to rewatch it after seeing Labour of Love (and how uncompetitive this match appears to be). It was cute and enjoyable, and I rated it a 7.4. I might have included it at the tail end of my <400 ballot, or I might have culled it this year.

Labour of Love was better than expected for a slow-moving dialogless film. The cinematography and sound design kept grabbing me when the story was lagging, and I found myself being drawn in to it when I least expected. Some of my favourite images are when the woman is unpacking the groceries and pouring all the food into containers, and filming the man at work through the printing press. There's not much to the story, but I liked the way it came together in the end with a little slice of their own personal heaven.

1. Asha Jaoar Majhe - 7.6ish
2. Wrony - 7.4
Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović »

Match is over. Poland wins.

Image Wrony: 17
Image Asha Jaoar Majhe: 10

Congratulations to sebby. Also thanks to Ritesh for his pick and the 27 people who voted this match.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"