There are few decades in modern history that are so synonymous with a cultural movement as the 1960s, even if that cultural moment generally referred to as the "the Sixties" started in the middle of the decade. Maybe only the Roaring 20s come close. In film history also a lot happened in the 60s, not at least of all the various New Waves movements. Although the decline of the Hollywood studio system set in, the highest-grossing film of the decade still was The Sound of Music. Now it's time to decide again what our favorite movies of this decade are.
Just to be clear: The 1960s for this poll is the real decade that began on January 1st 1960 and ended on December 31st 1969, not the cultural decade.
DEALINE = 30 OCTOBER 2020
- Nominees must be from 1960 - 1969 according to IMDb. Meaning the year in brackets next to the title, not the release-date in your country.*
- Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
*IMDb will be leading in this, but if you have good arguments exceptions to the rule can be made in consultation
- Imdb-lists or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
- Lists can be any length.
- Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
- Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
Scoring for ranked lists: Half-life = 50
Scoring for unranked lists: Every film on your list receives the same number of points (the average of what they would have received if your list was ranked).
60s movies you rated on imdb
60s movies on a imdb list (replace XXXX with the list id)
Perception de Ambiguity
Last edition list: