Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

ICM Forum's 500<400 2020 Nominations Due 11:59PM GMT Sat Sep 26

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
Post Reply
User avatar
Panunzio
Posts: 291
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 6:00 am
Contact:

#281

Post by Panunzio »

My ranked list. Glad the window was extended by a couple of days.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls063855529/
mathiasa
Posts: 2548
Joined: August 18th, 2013, 6:00 am
Contact:

#282

Post by mathiasa »

Torgo wrote: September 24th, 2020, 1:46 am
mathiasa wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:59 pm I noticed that I'll lose quite some official checks. But it doesn't make me sad. Good movies always have a chance to make it into another list. And if not, I enjoyed a good movie.
Yeah, I mean, you've seen all the Helge Schneider movies and they're pretty unlikely to pop up in the next TSPDT, but they're still mindblowing on their own. :D
If not stated else, the lists are ranked and so is yours, right?
Helge is mind blowing indeed! Just saw him playing live this spring.

Yes, my lists are always ranked.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#283

Post by AdamH »

joachimt wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:10 pm rokp's list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls056163780/
I put this on iCM and removed ineligible titles and just 66 remain: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/rokp ... 400/adamh/

I've seen 21.
User avatar
rnilsson19
Posts: 701
Joined: December 1st, 2016, 7:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

#284

Post by rnilsson19 »

Mysterious Dude wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 12:48 pm
rnilsson19 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 10:09 am Films on the list that might hit 400 checks before the deadline:

Out 1 (1971) - 399 checks
Subarnarekha (1965) - 399 checks
Happy End (1967) - 397 checks
Looks like Subarnarekha has passed the threshold.
Indeed. Now it looks like this:

Out 1 (1971) - 399 checks
Happy End (1967) - 397 checks
Daisy Kenyon (1947) - 397 checks
The Intruder (1962) - 397 checks
Herr Arnes pengar (1919) - 396 checks
Lucky Star (1929) - 396 checks
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33434
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#285

Post by joachimt »

mathiasa wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:59 pm But about a month ago, I dropped about 5 spots (#129-#134) and lost quite some official movies. Is anyone aware of a middle/major update that was going on then?
There was a bug and the official checkcount was off for almost all users. It was corrected. Some went up, some went down.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Opio
Posts: 293
Joined: May 19th, 2018, 6:00 am
Location: U.S.
Contact:

#287

Post by Opio »

I get access denied when trying to look at your list.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#288

Post by AdamH »

Opio wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:37 pm
I get access denied when trying to look at your list.
I can see it so it must be set to friends only instead of public.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#289

Post by AdamH »

albajos wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:16 am As I really haven't seen movies these last 11 months it's the same list as last year
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... s/albajos/

I'll remove the 400+ (it was just 2)
I can't access this.
User avatar
72aicm
Donator
Posts: 3472
Joined: November 13th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#290

Post by 72aicm »

AdamH wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:52 pm
albajos wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:16 am As I really haven't seen movies these last 11 months it's the same list as last year
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... s/albajos/

I'll remove the 400+ (it was just 2)
I can't access this.
Friends only on this as well.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#291

Post by AdamH »

Updated my list properly for the first time in years. Still planning to work on it and re-order it but here it is for now: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/adam ... 020/adamh/
User avatar
RogerTheMovieManiac88
Posts: 1962
Joined: February 4th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Contact:

#292

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

AdamH wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:56 pm Updated my list properly for the first time in years. Still planning to work on it and re-order it but here it is for now: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/adam ... 020/adamh/
Really nice list there, Adam. I love the selection of shorts you include from people like Petrov and Jankovics, and I'm ecstatic to see 'A Year of the Quiet Sun' appear among your choices. Such a heartfelt and moving romance in a shattered post-war landscape of uncertainty. It is among my very top tier of films.

I loved looking through your submission, and we share quite a few faves.
That's all, folks!
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#293

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Two more days. Hopefully I can get some good sleep tomorrow night.
Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 4414
Joined: June 26th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Springfield, MO, USA
Contact:

#294

Post by Nathan Treadway »

Nathan Treadway wrote: August 13th, 2020, 4:19 am Nathan Treadway https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/my+n ... waynathan/

It's going to be partially ranked, I just don't know what yet. I'll let you know before the deadline, after I work on it.
212 Ranked. Rest not.
User avatar
weirdboy
Donator
Posts: 4032
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#295

Post by weirdboy »

I am going to see if I can partially rank some of mine, although I have errands to take care of as well so it will be down to the wire.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2153
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#296

Post by Torgo »

If it is of any help to you, you could just put Behemoth (2015) from your list at #1 and declare the rest unranked from 2 to 129 .. :whistling:
Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 4414
Joined: June 26th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Springfield, MO, USA
Contact:

#299

Post by Nathan Treadway »

ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:36 am My ranked list: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /ckfilm88/
devinthesky wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:52 am My List (Ranked): https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/500+ ... vinthesky/

Hello.. Do ya'll know each other? :think:
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#300

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

I too would be interested in an answer to that.
User avatar
72aicm
Donator
Posts: 3472
Joined: November 13th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#301

Post by 72aicm »

It may be a myth, but I think they’ve had an American sleepover together?
User avatar
weirdboy
Donator
Posts: 4032
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#302

Post by weirdboy »

weirdboy wrote: September 26th, 2020, 2:18 am I am going to see if I can partially rank some of mine, although I have errands to take care of as well so it will be down to the wire.
I just finished my errands and see that I have about 1 minute to rank my list.
So, I guess I'm going to keep it unranked.
ckfilm88
Posts: 31
Joined: September 26th, 2020, 3:28 am
Contact:

#303

Post by ckfilm88 »

Nathan Treadway wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:20 am
ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:36 am My ranked list: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /ckfilm88/
devinthesky wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:52 am My List (Ranked): https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/500+ ... vinthesky/

Hello.. Do ya'll know each other? :think:
We've been dating for several years and we like to watch movies together. I understand that it looks shady because everything that's on her list is on my list. I've been following 500>400 every year on ICM and get excited to see what's added each year, but didn't know how to get involved until 2020. I wanted to make a list and thought it would be fun if she also got involved with her own. It was easier for her to go off my list and see what she had seen and change the rankings based on how she thought about the films.

If you don't feel comfortable using our lists feel free to discard them. I know that we're completely brand new to ICMForum as well so I understand that you're probably looking for users that have been active on here for more years.
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 6188
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#304

Post by Onderhond »

I'd say welcome aboard! If forum activity was a deciding factor we could throw away half of the lists here.
User avatar
72aicm
Donator
Posts: 3472
Joined: November 13th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#305

Post by 72aicm »

Welcome on board. :)
I’m sure your lists will be counted. Please stick around!
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#306

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:34 pm If you don't feel comfortable using our lists feel free to discard them. I know that we're completely brand new to ICMForum as well so I understand that you're probably looking for users that have been active on here for more years.
To be clear it's not about being new, we're always glad to have new users participate. But as you say, having such overlap in the lists from two new users does raise eyebrows. Your explanation satisfies me, I do hope you both stick around.
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5133
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#307

Post by Fergenaprido »

weirdboy wrote: September 26th, 2020, 11:58 am
weirdboy wrote: September 26th, 2020, 2:18 am I am going to see if I can partially rank some of mine, although I have errands to take care of as well so it will be down to the wire.
I just finished my errands and see that I have about 1 minute to rank my list.
So, I guess I'm going to keep it unranked.
You still have 9 hours by my count.
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5133
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#308

Post by Fergenaprido »

ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:20 am
ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:36 am My ranked list: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /ckfilm88/
devinthesky wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:52 am My List (Ranked): https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/500+ ... vinthesky/

Hello.. Do ya'll know each other? :think:
We've been dating for several years and we like to watch movies together. I understand that it looks shady because everything that's on her list is on my list. I've been following 500>400 every year on ICM and get excited to see what's added each year, but didn't know how to get involved until 2020. I wanted to make a list and thought it would be fun if she also got involved with her own. It was easier for her to go off my list and see what she had seen and change the rankings based on how she thought about the films.

If you don't feel comfortable using our lists feel free to discard them. I know that we're completely brand new to ICMForum as well so I understand that you're probably looking for users that have been active on here for more years.
Welcome to the forum :)

Wanting to submit a list for the <400 poll was my reason for joining the forum too. Hope you two like what you see and decide to stick around.
ckfilm88
Posts: 31
Joined: September 26th, 2020, 3:28 am
Contact:

#309

Post by ckfilm88 »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: September 26th, 2020, 2:55 pm
ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:34 pm If you don't feel comfortable using our lists feel free to discard them. I know that we're completely brand new to ICMForum as well so I understand that you're probably looking for users that have been active on here for more years.
To be clear it's not about being new, we're always glad to have new users participate. But as you say, having such overlap in the lists from two new users does raise eyebrows. Your explanation satisfies me, I do hope you both stick around.
I understand. I wasn’t sure if it would be more suspicious to say nothing or immediately defend ourselves haha. I didn’t want to give the wrong impression. Thank you for welcoming us and allowing us to submit our lists!
ckfilm88
Posts: 31
Joined: September 26th, 2020, 3:28 am
Contact:

#310

Post by ckfilm88 »

Onderhond wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:43 pm I'd say welcome aboard! If forum activity was a deciding factor we could throw away half of the lists here.
72aicm wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:50 pm Welcome on board. :)
I’m sure your lists will be counted. Please stick around!
Thank you for welcoming us!
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#311

Post by AdamH »

Onderhond wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:43 pm I'd say welcome aboard! If forum activity was a deciding factor we could throw away half of the lists here.
Don't think that's true. I only saw lists from three old regulars who haven't been around for a year+ plus a small number who haven't posted much. Happy for new people to post lists anyway so welcome aboard to them.
ckfilm88
Posts: 31
Joined: September 26th, 2020, 3:28 am
Contact:

#312

Post by ckfilm88 »

Fergenaprido wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm
ckfilm88 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:20 am




Hello.. Do ya'll know each other? :think:
We've been dating for several years and we like to watch movies together. I understand that it looks shady because everything that's on her list is on my list. I've been following 500>400 every year on ICM and get excited to see what's added each year, but didn't know how to get involved until 2020. I wanted to make a list and thought it would be fun if she also got involved with her own. It was easier for her to go off my list and see what she had seen and change the rankings based on how she thought about the films.

If you don't feel comfortable using our lists feel free to discard them. I know that we're completely brand new to ICMForum as well so I understand that you're probably looking for users that have been active on here for more years.
Welcome to the forum :)

Wanting to submit a list for the <400 poll was my reason for joining the forum too. Hope you two like what you see and decide to stick around.
Thank you. I was planning on submitting for the first time last year, but I didn’t remember until October. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it this time.
User avatar
zuma
Donator
Posts: 2200
Joined: June 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

#313

Post by zuma »

rnilsson19 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Mysterious Dude wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 12:48 pm
rnilsson19 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 10:09 am Films on the list that might hit 400 checks before the deadline:

Out 1 (1971) - 399 checks
Subarnarekha (1965) - 399 checks
Happy End (1967) - 397 checks
Looks like Subarnarekha has passed the threshold.
Indeed. Now it looks like this:

Out 1 (1971) - 399 checks
Happy End (1967) - 397 checks
Daisy Kenyon (1947) - 397 checks
The Intruder (1962) - 397 checks
Herr Arnes pengar (1919) - 396 checks
Lucky Star (1929) - 396 checks
Out is now out
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33434
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#315

Post by joachimt »

Welcome to the forum ckfilm88+devinthesky. It's great to hear that people outside of this forum enjoy 500<400 so much they decide to participate. It's good to know we reach others with our project so it's not something only we enjoy. Your lists are very welcome. I hope you stick around!
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5133
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#316

Post by Fergenaprido »

Here's my list, fully ranked: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls075514804

Only 16 films from my list graduated this year, and I've added over 150 films.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#317

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

I'll be downloading sometime in the next few hours, but I'll allow new lists until sometime in about 18 hours or so.
If you edit your list from this point forward please make a new post to let me know.
User avatar
RogerTheMovieManiac88
Posts: 1962
Joined: February 4th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Contact:

#318

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 »

I have been adding entries to my list as new lists have come in, which means that my numberings have slightly changed.

Still three tiers: 1-217, 218-823, 824-1,095

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls083378033/

:cheers:
That's all, folks!
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5133
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#319

Post by Fergenaprido »

I just finished making the final adjustments to the end of my list. 723 films now, still fully ranked.
User avatar
weirdboy
Donator
Posts: 4032
Joined: January 3rd, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#320

Post by weirdboy »

RANKED

http://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/my+50 ... /weirdboy/


I also went ahead and removed Out 1 since it passed the cutoff.
Post Reply