Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

ICM Forum's 500<400 2020 Nominations Due 11:59PM GMT Wed Sep 23

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12564
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#162

Post by AdamH » September 16th, 2020, 9:11 pm

What's the best way to make a list for this? My one is very out-of-date so I am thinking I will start from scratch but the difficult in re-ordering on IMDb makes it harder. I was thinking of using the link in the OP which shows titles you've rated with <400 checks, using linkclump to move the titles to Excel (the ones I've rated highly enough) and then re-ordering on Excel and adding the list to IMDb with List helper. Good idea? Any other suggestions?

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#163

Post by Ebbywebby » September 16th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Note to others: the Russian silent "Bed and Sofa" (#72 in last year's <400 poll) passed 400 checks a day or so ago.

User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 9484
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#164

Post by sol » September 16th, 2020, 11:02 pm

AdamH wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 9:11 pm
What's the best way to make a list for this? My one is very out-of-date so I am thinking I will start from scratch but the difficult in re-ordering on IMDb makes it harder. I was thinking of using the link in the OP which shows titles you've rated with <400 checks, using linkclump to move the titles to Excel (the ones I've rated highly enough) and then re-ordering on Excel and adding the list to IMDb with List helper. Good idea? Any other suggestions?
Export your IMDb list, import it into iCM, save it, reorder sorted by # of checks and delete what you no longer need.

IMDb listmaking sucks due to the reordering issue. I would never voluntarily make an IMDb list if I had the option to create the same list on iCM. :shrug:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24820
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#165

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » Yesterday, 5:40 am

sol wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:02 pm
AdamH wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 9:11 pm
What's the best way to make a list for this? My one is very out-of-date so I am thinking I will start from scratch but the difficult in re-ordering on IMDb makes it harder. I was thinking of using the link in the OP which shows titles you've rated with <400 checks, using linkclump to move the titles to Excel (the ones I've rated highly enough) and then re-ordering on Excel and adding the list to IMDb with List helper. Good idea? Any other suggestions?
Export your IMDb list, import it into iCM, save it, reorder sorted by # of checks and delete what you no longer need.

IMDb listmaking sucks due to the reordering issue. I would never voluntarily make an IMDb list if I had the option to create the same list on iCM. :shrug:
This assumes that "your imdb list" is one you're otherwise happy with where the primary issue is it being too big because of ineligible films, not that it's missing everything you've watched in the last few years.

If you need to remake a list from scratch, then yeah what Adam posted is best. Although, I think mjf made a script recently that pulls out imdb results, and I think that's probably better than linkclump since imdb search results have a bunch of extraneous links.

Edit: I think this is the script: viewtopic.php?p=635122#p635122


User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13640
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#167

Post by brokenface » Yesterday, 11:53 am

to make sure I get a list in, this is previous version edited to remove >400 films only:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/brok ... rokenface/

Plan to get back and do some adding/reordering before deadline.


User avatar
St. Gloede
Moderator
Posts: 11190
Joined: May 06, 2011
Contact:

#169

Post by St. Gloede » Yesterday, 9:35 pm

Finally managed to add all the top films from the last year. I will likely make a few tweaks, but best to get it in now: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055139558

User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 1330
Joined: Jun 30, 2011
Location: Germany
Contact:

#170

Post by Torgo » Yesterday, 10:46 pm

Your Guy Maddin title recently crossed 400 checks :)
And the 2019-Lighthouse is of course not eligible by release year, guess you added it to save work for the next poll?

User avatar
GruesomeTwosome
Donator
Posts: 3099
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Industrial Wasteland, USA
Contact:

#171

Post by GruesomeTwosome » Today, 5:15 am

Torgo wrote:
Yesterday, 10:46 pm
Your Guy Maddin title recently crossed 400 checks :)
And the 2019-Lighthouse is of course not eligible by release year, guess you added it to save work for the next poll?
Not to mention that The Lighthouse (2019) is also a tad over 400 checks, as it currently sits at...3,323 checks. :whistling:
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

User avatar
St. Gloede
Moderator
Posts: 11190
Joined: May 06, 2011
Contact:

#172

Post by St. Gloede » 40 minutes ago

Torgo wrote:
Yesterday, 10:46 pm
Your Guy Maddin title recently crossed 400 checks :)
And the 2019-Lighthouse is of course not eligible by release year, guess you added it to save work for the next poll?
No, it was added by mistake and I was sure I had deleted it...

Thanks!

Post Reply