Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

ICM Forum's 500<400 2020 Nominations Due 11:59PM GMT Sat Sep 26

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: October 4th, 2020, 8:58 am
klaus78 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 8:54 am
These movies are not on my list...
Hmmmm. I'll double check what went wrong. I downloaded yours manually so maybe I copied the link wrong. I don't know why since it's right in the OP. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Edit: It's Jimi's list. I'll double check all the lists tomorrow.
Just finished checking all the lists, this was the only one that was mislabeled. Hopefully won't take too long to fix.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Results are open in the other thread
St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede »

Wooohooo.
Jimi Antiloop

Post by Jimi Antiloop »

Torgo wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:52 pm Lucky Jimi then!
One more list for the record-year 2020 :ICM:
Nice. :banana:
Made my day.
:ICM: :letbxd: :Crtiticker: Reality Checks on :imdb:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”― Philip K. Dick
Angel Glez

Post by Angel Glez »

Melvelet wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:39 pm Then again I would argue that this forum is overall biased towards classic/non-contemporary cinema.
I do not think so. Recent films are a clear majority in most of the ballots, but in a more dispersed way.
mathiasa

Post by mathiasa »

beasterne wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:42 am
mathiasa wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 10:17 pm Is there any thing wrong my list or why hasn't my list been? https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/less ... /mathiasa/
This may be very much the last chance for myself to enjoy the poll which is a big favorite.
I hope they're wrong, but the people around me already expect me to die soon. So it would mean so mean so much to me, if I could enjoy the poll once more.
Holy shit man, that sucks. I knew you had been in the hospital but I had no idea it was so serious. I know I’m just a random guy on the internet but I’m hoping for the best for you.

Thanks! I'm in the hospital again...
Things are very bad but it's great to feel so much love and care and I have time to watch movies.

Enjoyed this poll very much, I'm at 148/500 and hope to improve on it.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

mathiasa wrote: November 1st, 2020, 1:37 pm
mathiasa wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 10:17 pm Is there any thing wrong my list or why hasn't my list been? https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/less ... /mathiasa/
This may be very much the last chance for myself to enjoy the poll which is a big favorite.
I hope they're wrong, but the people around me already expect me to die soon. So it would mean so mean so much to me, if I could enjoy the poll once more.
Holy shit man, that sucks. I knew you had been in the hospital but I had no idea it was so serious. I know I’m just a random guy on the internet but I’m hoping for the best for you.

Things are very bad but it's great to feel so much love and care and I have time to watch movies.

I had no idea of your personal situation, but I wanted to let you know that I have always really liked your film selections and personally have found several new favorites from your list over the years. I hope you are feeling and doing better soon!
clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey »

:hug:

Would have been a shame not to include your list, any list with Panna a netvor/Beauty and the Beast (1978), Comment je me suis disputé... (ma vie sexuelle) (1996) and Five Dedicated to Ozu (2003) automatically qualifies as great for me. :thumbsup:
mathiasa

Post by mathiasa »

clemmetarey wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:09 pm

:hug:

Would have been a shame not to include your list, any list with Panna a netvor/Beauty and the Beast (1978), Comment je me suis disputé... (ma vie sexuelle) (1996) and Five Dedicated to Ozu (2003) automatically qualifies as great for me. :thumbsup:
Thx! (l)
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

Glad you can still watch movies. Gave me a chuckle when I saw you checked Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me recently. What a funny movie to watch in 2020 for the first time, that's just a movie that feels like it belongs firmly in the 90s :D

You're definitely cared for mathiasa, keep going! (l)