Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: South Asia (Results), Doubling the Canon (Results), 1950s (May 24th), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

World Cup, Season 4, Match 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th)

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
Armoreska

Re: World Cup, Season 4, Match 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th)

Post by Armoreska » April 6th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Gordon_Gekko wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 3:25 pm
joachimt wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 9:21 am
Armoreska wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:55 am
Is Gordon Gekko going to fight for his country? What's his voting record?
He hasn't voted yet in the whole tournament.
Sorry, too much work in real life. Tried to watch "my group" last minute at weekend, but just got legal! opportunities for the polisch and brazil. Is there a Stream for the greek? Want to watch by time what shit beats Zigeunerweizen ;)
The prodigal son returneth :whistling:
The match is already over however.
Thankfully Japan did lose by just enough so your input wouldn't have changed the outcome.
Anyway it'd be interesting to know how your vote goes, but it likely won't be a fun group to watch.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Gordon_Gekko

Post by Gordon_Gekko » April 7th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 4:02 pm
Gordon_Gekko wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 3:25 pm
joachimt wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 9:21 am

He hasn't voted yet in the whole tournament.
Sorry, too much work in real life. Tried to watch "my group" last minute at weekend, but just got legal! opportunities for the polisch and brazil. Is there a Stream for the greek? Want to watch by time what shit beats Zigeunerweizen ;)
The prodigal son returneth :whistling:
The match is already over however.
Thankfully Japan did lose by just enough so your input wouldn't have changed the outcome.
Anyway it'd be interesting to know how your vote goes, but it likely won't be a fun group to watch.
Searching for an answer to my question... nope.
I know the Match is over but nevertheless interested in the greek film. Maybe i can watch it sometime. Dont watch films just because of challenges or geting official checks, crazy but true.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 7th, 2020, 4:26 pm

I don't have it, hopefully someone can help out. Plus I just lost my team in an early round and the team lost the all-time record. (u) tehe
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » April 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:26 pm
I don't have it, hopefully someone can help out. Plus I just lost my team in an early round and the team lost the all-time record. (u) tehe
I would like to see ya managing Belarus or Moldova in the future. How about being a good neighbor sounds to you? :cheers:

4 out of 5 ex-Soviet states topped their group. That's impressive.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Mario Gaborović wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Armoreska wrote:
I would like to see ya managing Belarus or Moldova in the future. How about being a good neighbor sounds to you? :cheers:

I have no idea about the subs availability. Are there movies from Moldova? I don't think I've ever seen one.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » April 7th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm
Mario Gaborović wrote:
Armoreska wrote:

I have no idea about the subs availability. Are there movies from Moldova? I don't think I've ever seen one.
Sure the subs exist, I might say you're missing some gems like these:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271618/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129823/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172708/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3858500/

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 7th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Mario Gaborović wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:55 pm
Armoreska wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm
Mario Gaborović wrote:

Sure the subs exist, I might say you're missing some gems like these:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271618/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129823/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172708/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3858500/
Ooh tanks Lyubit is gr8, i remember it was from some small country. 2 of these to go. Including a Soviet movie in Romanian? Count me in!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434