This poll is for the year 1945.
These polls are fairly simple. We work our way through film history selecting a different year each time, and you list your top films from the given year. Depending on the number of voters, the poll usually produces a list of around 50-90 films and is a great way of finding recommendations. Lots of people will also list other films outside their top 20 as honorable mentions or runners-up.
- You can vote for a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 films.
- Feature films, documentaries, short films, TV movies, and TV mini-series are all eligible, but not continuing TV series or individual TV episodes.
- We use IMDb dates for consistency, so a title should be listed on IMDb as 1945.
- Your ballot can be either ranked or unranked. For ranked ballots, you must use a numbered list. If I don't understand what your intention was, your ballot may be counted differently from what you expected. Edited to add: If you don't use a numbered list nor specify that your ballot is unranked, I will send you a private message to ask what you meant. So, to make this easier, please either number your list or say if it is unranked.
- IMPORTANT: Along with a list of the titles from 1945, please include a separate list (in the same post) of bare IMDb urls for the same films. Your ballot will be deemed disqualified if the IMDb urls are not included.
For ranked ballots, the top-ranked title will receive a number of points equal to the number of titles on the ballot, with each succeeding title receiving one fewer point. So the top title on a list of 20 films will receive 20 points, the next 19 points, and so on. If the list has only 10 films, the top title will receive 10 points, the next one 9, and so on. If there are 5 films on the list, the top film will receive 5 points, the next one 4, etc. You get the idea.
For unranked ballots, each title will receive an equal share of the total points that would have been allotted to the ballot if it had been ranked. So, for example, if there are 20 films on the ballot, this means each one would receive 10.5 points.
1945 films sorted by most votes on IMDb
1945 films you've rated on IMDb
Wikipedia's 1945 in film article
1945 films you've checked on ICM
1945 films you *haven't* checked on ICM
Previous poll results as ICM lists
(Thanks to Rufus-T for filling out this list for me.)
This poll will run for about
Yes, I am planning to close this poll in the morning (for U.S. participants; please check your time zones if you live elsewhere). This will potentially give me the chance to compile the results during the day and have them available that night.
You may revise or add a ballot anytime until the poll is indicated closed in the subject header.
The next poll will be 1935, and the one after that will be 1974.
Thanks for participating!