For this poll we are going to choose our Favorite Underrated Movies. This means movies you feel don't get the appreciation by the "general" public you feel they deserve. Ways to determine that is f.e. to look at the IMDb rating*. An IMDb rating of 6.9 is average, so movies with a rating below that can be considered underrated. Therefor it's recommended you use this IMDb rating (or an equivalent on other sites) as your guideline. Of course it's possible you feel a movie with a higher rating is underrated still. To give an even better inside into if a movie is underrated it's advised you compare your rating with the IMDb one (or the site you use). There might be movies that have a low appreciation by the public (i.o.w. have a low rating) that do get a lot of appreciation by other groups, like critics or your fellow forum users. It's left to your own judgement if you consider those underrated. Of course you are free to ask for advice from others about and discuss specific movies in this topic.
*There are a lot of criticism one can have about IMDb ratings, but it's the best tool available to estimate the rating of a movie by the public.
What we clearly are not looking for in this poll is hidden gems, so if a movie has very little checks or votes you should ask yourself if it's really underrated or just underseen.
I will keep the right to remove movies from the final list or to disqualify whole lists after consultation with others here.
DEALINE IS 3 JANUARY 2020
- Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
*Imdb will be leading in this, but if you have good arguments exceptions to the rule can be made in consultation
- Imdb-lists or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
- Lists can be any length.
- Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
- Lists can be ranked or unranked or partially-ranked. In a partially-ranked list, the top X films are ranked and everything after that point is unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
- Movies from 2018 and 2019 are ineligible.
Movies with a IMDb rating of 6.9 or lower, you rated on IMDb
Perception de Ambiguity