This poll is for the year 1955
These polls are fairly simple. We work our way through film history selecting a different year each time, and you list your top films from the given year. Depending on the number of voters, the poll usually produces a list of around 50-90 films and is a great way of finding recommendations. Lots of people will also list other films outside their top 20 as honorable mentions or runners-up.
- You can vote for a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 films.
- Feature films, documentaries, short films, TV movies, and TV mini-series are all eligible, but not continuing TV series or individual TV episodes.
- We use IMDb dates for consistency, so a title should be listed on IMDb as 1955.
- Your ballot can be either ranked or unranked, but I will assume it's ranked unless otherwise stated. For ranked ballots it makes it easier if you use a numbered list.
- IMPORTANT: Along with a list of the titles from 1955, please include the corresponding list of bare IMDb urls for the same films. Your ballot will be deemed disqualified if the IMDb urls are not included.
For ranked ballots, the top-ranked title will receive a number of points equal to the number of titles on the ballot, with each succeeding title receiving one fewer point. So the top title on a list of 20 films will receive 20 points, the next 19 points and so on. If the list has only 10 films, the top title will receive 10 points, the next one 9, and so on. If there are 5 films on the list, the top film will receive 5 points, the next one 4, well you get the idea.
For unranked ballots, each title will receive an equal share of the total points that would have been allotted to the ballot if it had been ranked. If there are 20 films on the ballot, this means each one would receive 10.5 points.
1955 films with the sorted by most votes on IMDb
1955 films you've rated on IMDb
Wikipedia's 1955 in film article
1955 films you've checked on ICM
1955 films you *haven't* checked on ICM
Previous poll results as ICM lists
This poll will run for about 3.5 weeks and will close on Friday December 27 at 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Saving Time (UTC - 8) or whenever I sign on the Saturday. You may revise or add a ballot anytime until the poll is indicated closed in the subject header.
The next poll will be 2019 followed by 1945.
Thank you and happy listing!