Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
ICMForum's Favourite Movies 2019 Edition (Nominations: Midnight Saturday Mar 23rd)
Polls: Academy Awards (Mar 22nd), Children (Apr 7th), 1932 (Apr 14th), DtC Voting (Apr 25th)
Challenges: French, War, Female Directors
World Cup: Semi finals schedule, SF-B (Mar 21st->Mar 24th)
Film of the Week: Le vieux fusil

iCM Forum's Favourite Iberian Movies; Results

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
tobias

Re: iCM Forum's Favourite Iberian Movies; Results

Post by tobias » December 19th, 2018, 1:00 am

Ah man, I'm sad that I missed this but no way I could have made it. I have recently become more interested in Iberian cinema but it seems like a lot of the great stuff comes from Portugal. I just watched Oliveira's No, or the Vain Glory of Command recently. Kinda bummed it didn't make it. I loved it.

Also I'm surprised Cria Cuervos beats Spirit of the Beehive and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown and the Skin I live in beat All About my Mother and Talk to Her, yet in both cases I absolutely agree.

Would you people say that this list is a somewhat good guide to go by or do you know other great lists for recommendations. If you have a single film recommendation for me, shoot it at me!

Edit: yeah, seen 26, highest unseeen is El Sur. (All-Time) Favorites on the list include Mysteries of Lisbon, Viridiana and Valey of Abraham.