Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2010s (Results), Animation (Jul 21st), 1974 awards (Jul 23rd), 1942 (Jul 27th)
Challenges: Low rating, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, Benelux
Film of the Week: Absences répétées, August nominations (Jul 26th)

ICM Forum's 500<400 2018 RESULTS!

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Re: ICM Forum's 500<400 2018 RESULTS!

Post by GruesomeTwosome » November 7th, 2018, 1:52 pm

The "Get a Room Already, You Two!" Award for 2018 goes to joachimt and Simba63. :D
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » November 7th, 2018, 3:46 pm

I'd call it the Menstrual Synchrony Award.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » November 7th, 2018, 9:16 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
November 7th, 2018, 1:52 pm
The "Get a Room Already, You Two!" Award for 2018 goes to joachimt and Simba63. :D
3rd: mjf314 (2.4%), Hunziker (2.0%), rnilsson19 (1.8%), beavis (1.6%)

And 3rd gets the "No Man Is an Island...Well, Except for 3rd" Award.

I visited my four calculated "affinities"...500<400 compatibility doesn't necessarily carry over to being top Neighbors. My #1 Neighbor (Dieguito) has 39% compatibility with me, and my four <400 affinities are only 32%, 32%, 31% and 29%.

cinewest

Post by cinewest » November 19th, 2018, 6:38 am

What ever happened to the breakdowns by decade, director, and country?

matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 » November 19th, 2018, 11:00 am

I'm in no-one's top 4 :hmph:

Jimi Antiloop

Post by Jimi Antiloop » November 28th, 2018, 1:52 pm

matthewscott8 wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 11:00 am
I'm in no-one's top 4 :hmph:
dito :shrug:

And even so the percentages are very low, 72allinncallme (3.6%), monclivie (3.5%), Odradek (3.5%), Lilarcor (3.2%)
It feels like there is a calculation mistake, but maybe my taste is just to special, whatever that means.
But I think about a lot of DOC-FILMS I listed in my ballot, that normaly rarely anybody knows.
:ICM: :letbxd: :Crtiticker: Reality Checks on :imdb:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”― Philip K. Dick

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Post by tommy_leazaq » November 29th, 2018, 4:26 am

joachimt wrote:
November 4th, 2018, 8:49 am
So you want to know what our list looks like without all the movies that received votes because of all the forum activities? Here it is.
I removed the following from 1000<400:
- Film of the week up till September 22nd
- World Cup season 1
- World Cup season 2
- World Cup season 3 up till September 22nd
- iCM Film Festival season 1
- Short of the day

If you spot movies on this list that you voted for after watching it BECAUSE of promotion on the forum, let me know and I'll remove it.
I watched these following films because of our forum promotions..

A Bloody Spear on Mount Fuji
Light Is Calling
La muralla verde
Insiang
The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello
Une femme a passé
O Sangue
Des gens sans importance
The Assassination of Ryoma
Kummatty
Love Massacre
The Illinois Parables
Hell Without Limits
The Arch

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » February 13th, 2019, 3:53 am

I saw "Malpertuis" (209 checks) last night, and can't believe it didn't even place in this poll's top 1000. Loved it.

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » February 15th, 2019, 5:24 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 3:53 am
I saw "Malpertuis" (209 checks) last night, and can't believe it didn't even place in this poll's top 1000. Loved it.
I voted for it. I saw it the day after I moved to LA in 2011, staying in a rundown hotel in downtown a few months before there was a mysterious murder there. Strange times for a strange movie.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 23rd, 2019, 10:05 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 10:30 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 7:21 pm
#298(NEW) The Slender Thread (1965)
Directed by: Sydney Pollack
(355.34 Pts, 9 Votes) , Top 1–10–50: 1–2–4
History: 29881923622505NA←NA
ICheckMovies: 96 Checks , 10 Favourites , 0 Official lists
List of Voters:Show
Nathan Treadway (1)
zissou14 (4)
Tarris1 (39)
72allinncallme (50)
PeacefulAnarchy (74)
sol (180)
outdoorcats (225)
xianjiro (NA)
bal3x (451)
:banana: :cheers: :circle: :worship: (l) :wub: :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's actually a little higher than I expected. Thank you guys! (I'd like to take at least a little bit of credit for this one. :) )
Now, will you guys finally watch it?
I just watched it, it was okay. Can I pick a movie for you to watch now, or is that promotion no longer active? :P
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » February 23rd, 2019, 10:59 pm

Lammetje wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 10:05 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 7:21 pm
#298(NEW) The Slender Thread (1965)
Directed by: Sydney Pollack
(355.34 Pts, 9 Votes) , Top 1–10–50: 1–2–4
History: 29881923622505NA←NA
ICheckMovies: 96 Checks , 10 Favourites , 0 Official lists
List of Voters:Show
Nathan Treadway (1)
zissou14 (4)
Tarris1 (39)
72allinncallme (50)
PeacefulAnarchy (74)
sol (180)
outdoorcats (225)
xianjiro (NA)
bal3x (451)

That's actually a little higher than I expected. Thank you guys! (I'd like to take at least a little bit of credit for this one. :) )
I just watched it, it was okay. Can I pick a movie for you to watch now, or is that promotion no longer active? :P
Sure. Go for it!

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 24th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 10:59 pm
Lammetje wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 10:05 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote:

Sure. Go for it!
Cool. Please watch this one then: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342707/. tehe
SpoilerShow
Seriously though, I cannot see if you've checked it already, but how about The Substitute? I really loved it - it seemed to have something extra that most other action flicks are lacking.

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » March 20th, 2019, 5:51 pm

Lammetje wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 3:07 pm
Seriously though, I cannot see if you've checked it already, but how about The Substitute? I really loved it - it seemed to have something extra that most other action flicks are lacking.
My checks are now unhidden. I had already seen The Substitute (and it's subsequent sequels) years ago. If you want to choose something else go for it. :)

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Lammetje wrote:
My checks are now unhidden. I had already seen The Substitute (and it's subsequent sequels) years ago. If you want to choose something else go for it. :)
Well, if you've seen the sequels then you must have liked the first movie. :) Anywho, I choose I'll See You in My Dreams.

By the way, I noticed that you have disliked something you haven't checked. :huh:

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » March 20th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Lammetje wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Lammetje wrote:
Well, if you've seen the sequels then you must have liked the first movie. :) Anywho, I choose I'll See You in My Dreams.

By the way, I noticed that you have disliked something you haven't checked. :huh:
The dislike feature for the stuff I haven't seen is a flagging mechanism. Since I hardly ever use the dislike, it's easier for me to see it when I need to, then I'll remove it.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » Yesterday, 3:06 am

Question: While working through 1000<400 I've noticed a couple episodes of Black Mirror: what's the logic behind allowing single episodes of a multi-year series in this situation?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » Yesterday, 3:21 am

xianjiro wrote:
Yesterday, 3:06 am
Question: While working through 1000<400 I've noticed a couple episodes of Black Mirror: what's the logic behind allowing single episodes of a multi-year series in this situation?
Are the episodes standalone? (I haven't seen it so I wouldn't know)

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » Yesterday, 4:15 am

xianjiro wrote:
It’s an anthology series, the episodes are self-contained stories/independent of each other (like mini movies, basically).
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » Yesterday, 4:50 am

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
Yesterday, 4:15 am
xianjiro wrote:
It’s an anthology series, the episodes are self-contained stories/independent of each other (like mini movies, basically).
So, by that logic, then wouldn't episodes of the Twilight Zone be as well? They are also "self-contained stories/independent of each other". I'd assume that while each episode of Route 66 is also "self-contained", since the two main characters are recurring, they wouldn't meet the test.

I know we've allowed 'episodes' of POV and Independent Lens after a fair amount of discussion, but both of these series are a TV screening of independently produced films that often have theatrical releases somewhere on the planet. However, I thought we'd disallowed things like American Masters, Great Performances, Nova, etc but allowed Frontline episodes.

IDK, seems a bit confused/confusing to me especially given Black Mirror's unified production staff, series marketing, etc.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » Yesterday, 6:52 am

We talked about setting an extra rule:
"If the main page of the series has over 400 checks, the single episodes are not allowed."
That would rule out Black Mirror.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"