Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

iCM Forum's NEW Lists Index

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: iCM Forum's NEW Lists Index

#81

Post by joachimt » September 4th, 2019, 7:35 pm

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#82

Post by joachimt » October 21st, 2019, 7:33 am

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#83

Post by joachimt » November 11th, 2019, 7:14 pm

40's:
noms: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4542
results: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4616
iCM top 250: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... thy420xxx/
iCM all votes: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... thy420xxx/

iCM-links are the same as the old versions, so the previous 40's poll can now be found at these two old editions of the list:
top 250: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... %3A16%3A20
all votes: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... %3A37%3A28
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#85

Post by joachimt » November 25th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Thanks for changing the name, flaiky! ;)
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#86

Post by joachimt » November 27th, 2019, 5:48 am

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#87

Post by joachimt » December 9th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Still here, mathiasa? Can you update the OP?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 9193
Joined: Dec 29, 2012
Contact:

#88

Post by Lonewolf2003 » December 23rd, 2019, 2:09 pm

Here is the schedule for next year:

2020 Poll schedule
JanuaryItalian (recurring)
FebruaryMini-series
March1001 Favourite Films (annual)
AprilSouth Asia
May1950s (recurring)
June2010s (annual)
JulyOn 0 Official Lists (recurring)
AugustRomance
September500<400 (annual)
October1960s (recurring)
NovemberSilents (recurring)
DecemberTV Series (recurring)
Directors (annual)

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#89

Post by joachimt » December 23rd, 2019, 4:26 pm

Can you link to the above post in the OP, mathiasa?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#90

Post by mathiasa » December 24th, 2019, 3:39 pm

joachimt wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:25 pm
Still here, mathiasa? Can you update the OP?
I‘m still here but the oncologist told me today that
in his estimation I have only a couple of month‘s left... Of course he can be mistaken..

I need a few days to gather my thoughts.

And we need a plan for what happens should I die.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#91

Post by joachimt » December 24th, 2019, 3:42 pm

That's...... awful. So sorry to hear that. And surely this is much more important than updating an OP on some silly forum.
Take care and do what's most important to you. :hug:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#92

Post by joachimt » December 29th, 2019, 8:45 am

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
erde
Posts: 317
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#93

Post by erde » December 29th, 2019, 9:29 am

By the way, is there a reason why the 1910s do not have a best of the decade poll (or the 1900s or the 1890s for that matter)? All the other decades after that have one. Is there a conscious decision behind it, or has there just not been anybody to host it?
Image Image

User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 9193
Joined: Dec 29, 2012
Contact:

#94

Post by Lonewolf2003 » December 29th, 2019, 12:36 pm

erde wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 9:29 am
By the way, is there a reason why the 1910s do not have a best of the decade poll (or the 1900s or the 1890s for that matter)? All the other decades after that have one. Is there a conscious decision behind it, or has there just not been anybody to host it?
There’s been too little animo for pre-1920s decade polls when choosing which polls we’re going to do. Mostly because we already have a Silent poll also.

User avatar
albajos
Posts: 6881
Joined: May 24, 2016
Location: Norway
Contact:

#95

Post by albajos » December 30th, 2019, 11:45 am

also length. Most movies back then was shorts, so they will also end up in the Shorts poll.

User avatar
erde
Posts: 317
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#96

Post by erde » December 30th, 2019, 7:48 pm

The feature film was practically established in 1910s, and there's a great amount of impressive features from that decade. Also there has been a separate poll for 1920s films despite the silent and shorts polls.
Image Image

User avatar
72aicm
Donator
Posts: 3251
Joined: Nov 13, 2016
Contact:

#97

Post by 72aicm » December 30th, 2019, 9:04 pm

erde wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 7:48 pm
The feature film was practically established in 1910s, and there's a great amount of impressive features from that decade. Also there has been a separate poll for 1920s films despite the silent and shorts polls.
I’ve been ‘bitching’ about it since I joined this forum. But no one seems to agree. Glad you do though.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1314
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#98

Post by Lakigigar » January 3rd, 2020, 12:04 am

Lonewolf2003 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:09 pm
Here is the schedule for next year:

2020 Poll schedule
JanuaryItalian (recurring)
FebruaryMini-series
March1001 Favourite Films (annual)
AprilSouth Asia
May1950s (recurring)
June2010s (annual)
JulyOn 0 Official Lists (recurring)
AugustRomance
September500<400 (annual)
October1960s (recurring)
NovemberSilents (recurring)
DecemberTV Series (recurring)
Directors (annual)
Will participate in March, June, July, August, September and the Directors list. Currently already preparing for the March list, and especially focusing on recent films that made the list, as well as some must-see movies and Asian cinema (as the latter is a goal for the year). Will than transition into focusing on other 2010 movies in general i want to see before june. Afterwards, will probably focus on x400 checks and more Asian cinema followed by what I want to see from some directors to prepare for december. And october will be horror month.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#99

Post by joachimt » January 8th, 2020, 9:34 pm

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11311
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#100

Post by mjf314 » January 27th, 2020, 3:05 pm

The 2012 version of 500<400 was just a randomly-ordered list of nominations, so it should be removed from the first post.

Also the thread links are missing for Jan 2013:
Nominations: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1001
Results: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1032

User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8626
Joined: May 28, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#101

Post by jvv » January 27th, 2020, 3:48 pm

mathiasa wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:39 pm
I‘m still here but the oncologist told me today that
in his estimation I have only a couple of month‘s left... Of course he can be mistaken..

I need a few days to gather my thoughts.

And we need a plan for what happens should I die.
So sorry to hear this, Mathias. :hug:

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#102

Post by mathiasa » February 6th, 2020, 9:09 am

jvv wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:48 pm
mathiasa wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:39 pm
I‘m still here but the oncologist told me today that
in his estimation I have only a couple of month‘s left... Of course he can be mistaken..

I need a few days to gather my thoughts.

And we need a plan for what happens should I die.
So sorry to hear this, Mathias. :hug:
thank you very much! (l)

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#103

Post by mathiasa » February 6th, 2020, 9:09 am

The index should be up to date again.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#104

Post by joachimt » February 6th, 2020, 6:32 pm

mathiasa wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:09 am
The index should be up to date again.
Thanks, Mathias!
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#106

Post by joachimt » February 24th, 2020, 8:15 pm

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#107

Post by joachimt » February 29th, 2020, 5:06 pm

The OP is missing the 2019-update of 500<400.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2330
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#108

Post by Tim2460 » March 11th, 2020, 4:21 pm


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#109

Post by joachimt » March 30th, 2020, 1:12 pm

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#110

Post by Melvelet » April 7th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Where can I find the poll schedule for 2020?

User avatar
pitchorneirda
Posts: 98
Joined: Feb 11, 2019
Contact:

#111

Post by pitchorneirda » April 7th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Melvelet wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 4:56 pm
Where can I find the poll schedule for 2020?
Here:
viewtopic.php?p=617089#p617089
(Post #88 in this thread)

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#112

Post by joachimt » April 25th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Mathias, the OP links to the poll schedule of 2019. Can you link to the schedule of 2020?
viewtopic.php?p=617089#p617089
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#113

Post by joachimt » May 2nd, 2020, 7:08 am

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#114

Post by mathiasa » May 7th, 2020, 8:24 am

joachimt wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Mathias, the OP links to the poll schedule of 2019. Can you link to the schedule of 2020?
viewtopic.php?p=617089#p617089
Thx! Will do it this week as well as updating the new polls (as soon as my elevated temperature is gone).

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#115

Post by mathiasa » May 10th, 2020, 8:17 pm


Thx added them and added Link to 2020 poll schedule.

Did you stop/pause making icm lists for the year-to-year polls? Or where can I find then?


-----

Reminder to myself, add these polls as well:

ICM Forum's Favourite Directors 2019
iCM Forum's Favourite Mini-series
iCM Forum's Favorite Italian Movies (2nd edition)
iCM Forum's Favorite Shorts (2019)
ICM Forum's 500<400 2019
iCM Forum's Favourite Movies from the Benelux

Wow, 6 lists. But I'll manage.

User avatar
gromit82
Donator
Posts: 317
Joined: Feb 06, 2017
Location: USA
Contact:

#116

Post by gromit82 » May 10th, 2020, 8:28 pm

mathiasa wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Did you stop/pause making icm lists for the year-to-year polls? Or where can I find then?
The Year by Year poll takers have mostly been compiling the ICM lists for our own polls recently, so Joachimt hasn't had to do them. Here are the ones I can find which are not on the index already:

1945: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /gromit82/
1955: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... xwelldeux/
1964: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... xwelldeux/
1987: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... 7/rufus-t/
1994: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /gromit82/
2007: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... 07/flaiky/
2019: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... l/rufus-t/

And here are the respective results threads for the index:

1945: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4840
1955: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4711
1964: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4549
1987: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4502
1994: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4595
2007: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4658
2019: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4795

mathiasa
Posts: 2533
Joined: Aug 18, 2013
Contact:

#117

Post by mathiasa » May 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm

gromit82 wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 8:28 pm
mathiasa wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Did you stop/pause making icm lists for the year-to-year polls? Or where can I find then?
The Year by Year poll takers have mostly been compiling the ICM lists for our own polls recently, so Joachimt hasn't had to do them. Here are the ones I can find which are not on the index already:

1945: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /gromit82/
1955: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... xwelldeux/
1964: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... xwelldeux/
1987: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... 7/rufus-t/
1994: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /gromit82/
2007: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... 07/flaiky/
2019: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... l/rufus-t/

And here are the respective results threads for the index:

1945: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4840
1955: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4711
1964: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4549
1987: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4502
1994: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4595
2007: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4658
2019: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4795
Thank you such much! This is very helpful!

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31743
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#118

Post by joachimt » May 10th, 2020, 8:39 pm

I kept posting the yby polls here. I think all of them. Did I forget some?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11311
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#119

Post by mjf314 » May 11th, 2020, 8:24 pm

500<400 2019:

Results: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4553
Nominations: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4481

500<400 2018:

Nominations: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3867 (the link in the first post goes to the 2017 thread)

Current decade 2019:

Results: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4407
Nominations: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4384

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2330
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#120

Post by Tim2460 » June 3rd, 2020, 7:37 am

50's:
Nomination thread : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4872
Results thread : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4914

Lists :
iCM top 250: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... thy420xxx/
iCM all votes: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... thy420xxx/

iCM-links are the same as the old versions, so the previous 50's poll can now be found at these two old editions of the list above.

Post Reply