The 1970s were a decade in the last century. A lot of stuff happened then. There were wars, elections, uprisings, crises and scandals. People were born and died. Sport matches were won and lost. Things were invented. Trends came and went. Amidst all of this people also made movies. Some great, some terrible and everything in between. Now 35 years later it's up to you to help to create the definite list on 1970s movies.
To be clear the 1970s are 1970 - 1979! Not 971-1980, 1969-1979 or 1870-1879.
The deadline is 24 October 2015
- Nominees must be from 1970 - 1979 according to imdb. Which means the year in brackets next to the title, not the release-date in your country.*
- Shorts, mini-series and TV-episodes from anthology series where the episodes are unrelated, are allowed. Tv-series aren't allowed.*
*Imdb will be leading in this, but if you have a good case that imdb is wrong and a movie from 1980 really is from 1979 or a tv-serie really is a mini-series, exceptions to the rule can be made.
- Imdb-lists or iCM-lists are accepted. (If you can't make one of those, ask another user to help you out.)
- Lists can be any length.
- Each nominee can only be named once (of course)
- Lists can be ranked or unranked. When not specified I will consider a list as ranked.
- Partially ranked list aren't allowed. Partially ranked list, that still are submitted, will be considered as unranked.
Scoring for ranked lists: Half-life = 50
Scoring for unranked lists: Every film on your list receives the same number of points (the average of what they would have received if your list was ranked).
1970s movies you rated on imdb
1970s movies on a imdb list (replace X with the list id)
While watching movies for this or after the results are in, you can participate in the The Unofficial 1970s Challenge
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
Perception de Ambiguity