Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

User-made scripts and apps etc

joachimt
Donator

User-made scripts and apps etc

Post by joachimt » January 1st, 2018, 6:48 pm

Lonewolf2003 on Jan 1 2018, 11:44:52 AM wrote:
joachimt on Jan 1 2018, 11:37:56 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Jan 1 2018, 10:26:04 AM wrote:Sorry with all these post I might have missed it. But the listdownloader isn't working anymore. It only downloads icm-lists. Is there a updated version (since the imdb list screw-up updates) that works, if so what is it?

Or maybe the cookie has changed? But I forgot how to see a cookie (in Chrome). Used to have an add-on for that, but that seems gone too.
mjf314 updated it, because of IMDb-changes.

http://www.icmforum.com/single/?p=10114636&t=7272196
That's the counter, I meant the one that autodownloads all the list. Or does this does that as well?

Anyhow I already downloaded (almost all) list for Korea manually.
Oops, I misread. He posted about two scripts in one post (not this one). He said he had to update the downloader, but I think I hasn't yet. I downloaded manually as well for the LGBT-poll.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 1st, 2018, 7:40 pm

monk-time on Jan 1 2018, 11:42:34 AM wrote:
jvv on Jan 1 2018, 10:39:06 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Dec 30 2017, 10:15:47 PM wrote:Is there an updated version of that script thingy for IMDb that has the links on the side?
I would like to know this as well.
That's themagician's IMDb details page links.
I just re-installed. Not working for me as well.
ICM-profile

themagician

Post by themagician » January 1st, 2018, 7:55 pm

joachimt on Jan 1 2018, 12:40:28 PM wrote:
monk-time on Jan 1 2018, 11:42:34 AM wrote:
jvv on Jan 1 2018, 10:39:06 AM wrote:I would like to know this as well.
That's themagician's IMDb details page links.
Do you mean the reference page is not working or the normal page? I just fixed reference page.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 1st, 2018, 8:00 pm

themagician on Jan 1 2018, 12:55:27 PM wrote:
joachimt on Jan 1 2018, 12:40:28 PM wrote:
monk-time on Jan 1 2018, 11:42:34 AM wrote:That's themagician's IMDb details page links.
Do you mean the reference page is not working or the normal page? I just fixed reference page.
Reference. I just updated to 2.3.2. It's working now. Thanks for the fix!
ICM-profile

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » January 1st, 2018, 11:40 pm

joachimt on Jan 1 2018, 01:00:45 PM wrote:
themagician on Jan 1 2018, 12:55:27 PM wrote:
joachimt on Jan 1 2018, 12:40:28 PM wrote:I just re-installed. Not working for me as well.
Reference. I just updated to 2.3.2. It's working now. Thanks for the fix!
Thanks for fixing it. :thumbsup:

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » January 2nd, 2018, 1:38 am

Lonewolf2003 on Jan 1 2018, 10:26:04 AM wrote:Sorry with all these post I might have missed it. But the listdownloader isn't working anymore. It only downloads icm-lists. Is there a updated version (since the imdb list screw-up updates) that works, if so what is it?

Or maybe the cookie has changed? But I forgot how to see a cookie (in Chrome). Used to have an add-on for that, but that seems gone too.
Sorry, I haven't updated it yet.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » January 2nd, 2018, 10:19 am

Downloading imdb lists is a lot easier now. Just add: export?ref_=ttls_exp (for people lists it's nmls instead of ttls) to the url, so you get something like http://www.imdb.com/list/ls025624622/ex ... _=ttls_exp

You don't need to actually visit the list page.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 2 2018, 03:19:52 AM wrote:Just add: export?ref_=ttls_exp (for people lists it's nmls instead of ttls)
It's just "export", all that "?ref=" junk is not necessary. I don't know why they haven't figured out a cleaner way of doing it, but it's just for tracking/stats collecting purposes.
Last edited by monk-time on January 2nd, 2018, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 11th, 2018, 10:02 pm

imdb-backup-lists - a simple tool to backup all your lists from IMDb including your watchlist and ratings.
Creates a .zip archive with .csv files exported from the site.

With the recent IMDb changes I discovered that my last backup of all my IMDb lists is dated 2014, so I made a simple Python tool to automate it and also learn how to create Python stand-alone apps. This is my first time doing it, so even though I tested it on fresh Win 7/10 installs, I would still be surprised if it actually works without a hitch for anyone else. Linux folks who are not familiar with running Python 3.6+ scripts in a virtual environment - I would be glad to help with setting this up if you post your distro's version.

Instructions, a portable Windows executable (that doesn't require Python) and the source code are at the link above.
Last edited by monk-time on January 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » January 13th, 2018, 11:23 pm

@magician - any way to automate adding of regexp: (tt[0-9]+) or just leaving only IDs without full URL?
Last edited by bal3x on January 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 24th, 2018, 7:49 pm

IMDb - Compact list editing - a userstyle that makes each IMDb list item take half as much vertical space while editing lists.

If you haven't used userstyles before, install the Stylus extension for your browser (Stylish will also work, but it's run by an ad company) and click on the link above.
Before and afterShow
Image Image
Last edited by monk-time on January 24th, 2018, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » January 24th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Does it prevent the covers from loading or just not show them? Still looks nice either way, the default is so much wasted space.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 24th, 2018, 7:57 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 24 2018, 12:52:36 PM wrote:Does it prevent the covers from loading or just not show them? Still looks nice either way, the default is so much wasted space.
No, just hides them. It's just CSS, visual changes that are applied after the page has finished loading. It might not be trivial to prevent covers from loading even with userscripts (not sure if they are still able to intercept page content that early), but in any case I don't think it's important. Who cares about wasting bandwidth in 2018. :whistling:

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » January 24th, 2018, 8:01 pm

It's not the bandwitdth, it's the lag on the page when there's hundreds of them, but maybe them not showing up is enough? Many (all?) adblockers can't seem to prevent loading either so I don't blame you.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 24th, 2018, 8:22 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 24 2018, 01:01:37 PM wrote:It's not the bandwitdth, it's the lag on the page when there's hundreds of them, but maybe them not showing up is enough? Many (all?) adblockers can't seem to prevent loading either so I don't blame you.
Oh my god, I take my words back, they actually load full-size images for all poster miniatures. After hard reloading a list with 173 movies I've downloaded freakin' 208 MB. That's a wee bit too much even for the year of our Lord 2018.

Hiding them should still make the browser take noticeably less resources rendering the page, especially since you need to scroll it often while editing lists.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » January 25th, 2018, 1:08 am

monk-time on Jan 24 2018, 12:49:44 PM wrote:IMDb - Compact list editing - a userstyle that makes each IMDb list item take half as much vertical space while editing lists.

If you haven't used userstyles before, install the Stylus extension for your browser (Stylish will also work, but it's run by an ad company) and click on the link above.
Before and afterShow
Image Image
Good work, thanks!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 25th, 2018, 4:16 am

Thanks bro, definitely using this. I despise all the changes IMDb have made; are they trying to make the site uglier, less user-friendly, less movie-based and harder to use? Ugh.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » January 25th, 2018, 4:20 pm

monk-time on Jan 24 2018, 12:49:44 PM wrote:IMDb - Compact list editing - a userstyle that makes each IMDb list item take half as much vertical space while editing lists.

Before and afterShow
Image Image
I love this, thanks!

I don't know what an userstyle is. So I need to install the Stylus extension before I install the Compact list editing? So it's not a script?
Would this be a correct analogy? Grease/Tamper/ViolentMonkey is to scripts as Stylus is to userstyles?

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 25th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Fergenaprido on Jan 25 2018, 09:20:56 AM wrote:I don't know what an userstyle is. So I need to install the Stylus extension before I install the Compact list editing? So it's not a script?
Would this be a correct analogy? Grease/Tamper/ViolentMonkey is to scripts as Stylus is to userstyles?
Correct (for all questions). Basically the main difference between the two is that you need userscripts to make complex changes to a page or interact with it in some way, and userstyles to change its look (stuff like colors, padding, font size etc.). For many simple things userscripts would be overkill. And yes, Stylus is very much based on the lessons learned from those three extensions, and there's a very active dev team working on it (it's open source).

In very broad terms, every website is built with three technologies: HTML, CSS (styles) and JS (scripts). HTML defines the structure of a page, that's the first thing your browser receives when you enter a URL; CSS describes how different elements should look like, and JS programs what the page does and can manipulate the other two.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » January 26th, 2018, 4:05 pm

monk-time on Jan 25 2018, 10:13:55 AM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Jan 25 2018, 09:20:56 AM wrote:I don't know what an userstyle is. So I need to install the Stylus extension before I install the Compact list editing? So it's not a script?
Correct (for all questions). Basically the main difference between the two is that you need userscripts to make complex changes to a page or interact with it in some way, and userstyles to change its look (stuff like colors, padding, font size etc.). For many simple things userscripts would be overkill. And yes, Stylus is very much based on the lessons learned from those three extensions, and there's a very active dev team working on it (it's open source).

In very broad terms, every website is built with three technologies: HTML, CSS (styles) and JS (scripts). HTML defines the structure of a page, that's the first thing your browser receives when you enter a URL; CSS describes how different elements should look like, and JS programs what the page does and can manipulate the other two.
Amazing. Just installed the platform and the style, and it works beautifully. Not as easy to edit as drag and drop, but an improvement. In the old drag and drop I used to zoom out to see more films on the screen, so I'm glad this fixes that issue for me.

I'm familiar with HTML and CSS, but scripts have always been slightly beyond my comprehension. Many thanks, again :)

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 30th, 2018, 8:29 am

IMDb List Helper is now compatible with all three userscript engines and works in Chrome.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » January 30th, 2018, 2:22 pm

monk-time on Jan 30 2018, 01:29:04 AM wrote:IMDb List Helper is now compatible with all three userscript engines and works in Chrome.
Many thanks!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2018, 7:37 am

monk-time on Jan 30 2018, 01:29:04 AM wrote:IMDb List Helper is now compatible with all three userscript engines and works in Chrome.
It's not working for me. When I click start it just erases the contents of titles and nothing happens :'(

edit: using firefox and violentmonkey
Last edited by mightysparks on January 31st, 2018, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

monk-time

Post by monk-time » January 31st, 2018, 8:22 am

mightysparks on Jan 31 2018, 12:37:08 AM wrote:It's not working for me. When I click start it just erases the contents of titles and nothing happens :'(

edit: using firefox and violentmonkey
There's a checkbox near the bottom labeled "matches only (disable to search for film titles)", you need to toggle it off to search for text titles.

It used to be simpler because IMDb allowed to search for full URLs, so the script could search for any string in search input, but since they broke it the logic has become a bit messier. I'll think about a better design.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2018, 10:31 am

Oh cool thx. I made a 25 film list manually and it hurt me. Ilovelisthelperforever

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 7th, 2018, 6:03 am

Is there a script/any way to batch watchlist or mark a film as owned from a list page on iCM (and maybe batch remove all watchlisted films)? Since My Movies Enhancer doesn't work anymore on IMDb it's getting frustrating keeping track of which films I have but I don't really wanna go click on them one by one coz there's like 1500.
Last edited by mightysparks on February 7th, 2018, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » February 7th, 2018, 7:18 am

mightysparks on Feb 6 2018, 11:03:44 PM wrote:Since My Movies Enhancer doesn't work anymore on IMDb
Have you checked the updated version (with Tampermonkey/Violentmonkey)? The script is now hosted on another page (the author forgot the password for the old account), the last update is from Jan 19:

https://openuserjs.org/scripts/AltoRetr ... s_enhancer

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 7th, 2018, 7:45 am

monk-time on Feb 7 2018, 12:18:14 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Feb 6 2018, 11:03:44 PM wrote:Since My Movies Enhancer doesn't work anymore on IMDb
Have you checked the updated version (with Tampermonkey/Violentmonkey)? The script is now hosted on another page (the author forgot the password for the old account), the last update is from Jan 19:

https://openuserjs.org/scripts/AltoRetr ... s_enhancer
omg you are the best.

Would still like to be able to batch stuff on iCM but yea awesome.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » February 7th, 2018, 8:41 am

mightysparks on Feb 7 2018, 12:45:59 AM wrote:Would still like to be able to batch stuff on iCM but yea awesome.
For batch-clicking movie buttons on any list-like page on ICM: press F12 in your browser, select the Console tab in the pane that appeared in the bottom half of the page, paste any of the following lines in the line at the very bottom (the one with '>' or '>>' symbol and a blinking cursor) and press Enter.

Code: Select all

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkFavorite').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionAddWatchlist').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkNotLike').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkOwned').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))
If you notice after reloading the page that some items were skipped, increase the number from 200 to 300 or even 500, that's the delay between each click.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 7th, 2018, 9:30 am

monk-time on Feb 7 2018, 01:41:06 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Feb 7 2018, 12:45:59 AM wrote:Would still like to be able to batch stuff on iCM but yea awesome.
For batch-clicking movie buttons on any list-like page on ICM: press F12 in your browser, select the Console tab in the pane that appeared in the bottom half of the page, paste any of the following lines in the line at the very bottom (the one with '>' or '>>' symbol and a blinking cursor) and press Enter.

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkFavorite').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionAddWatchlist').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkNotLike').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))

document.querySelectorAll('.optionMarkOwned').forEach((el, i) => setTimeout(() => el.click(), 200 * i))
If you notice after reloading the page that some items were skipped, increase the number from 200 to 300 or even 500, that's the delay between each click.
Every time I have an annoying problem you have an amazingly simple solution (or link) (l)

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » February 11th, 2018, 8:26 pm

mjf314 on Dec 13 2017, 04:48:42 PM wrote:Here's an updated version of filmcounter8. I think it should work with the new IMDb list format, but I didn't have time to test it, so let me know if it works. The only change I made was changing const to Const.

If it doesn't work then I'll look at it more closely on Thursday or Friday.
I just tried using this file for the unofficial poll, and it seems to work the same way as old version of fc8, ignoring imdb lists. I don't know how joachim got it to work. :/

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 11th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Fergenaprido on Feb 11 2018, 01:26:43 PM wrote:
mjf314 on Dec 13 2017, 04:48:42 PM wrote:Here's an updated version of filmcounter8. I think it should work with the new IMDb list format, but I didn't have time to test it, so let me know if it works. The only change I made was changing const to Const.

I just tried using this file for the unofficial poll, and it seems to work the same way as old version of fc8, ignoring imdb lists. I don't know how joachim got it to work. :/
Maybe the IMDb-exports changed again? Could it be because the movie-urls are now https?
ICM-profile

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » February 12th, 2018, 3:05 am

joachimt on Feb 11 2018, 01:37:22 PM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Feb 11 2018, 01:26:43 PM wrote:

Maybe the IMDb-exports changed again? Could it be because the movie-urls are now https?
You're absolutely right! I just edited my list to change the https to http, and now it's included in the results. I'll go ahead and make the same changes to all the imdb lists, then, and we should be good to go. Thanks for the sleuthing J :)

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 12th, 2018, 7:41 am

Try this one and let me know if it works (I changed the http to https in the code).

Edit: Removed because it didn't work.
Last edited by mjf314 on February 12th, 2018, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » February 12th, 2018, 2:12 pm

mjf314 on Feb 12 2018, 12:41:33 AM wrote:Try this one and let me know if it works (I changed the http to https in the code).
Seems to be working. Thanks mjf!

Edit 1: This also means the duplicatechecker script needs to be updated. Found some duplicates when the results gave me some errors that weren't caught by that script.
Edit 2: Does this mean for the ineligible list I should have both the http and https versions listed in order to exclude both? One film already listed showed up in the results, and I think that might be why.
Edit 3: Okay, no, that fix doesn't fully work. It recognizes the imdb lists, but then it creates duplicate entries in the results for the http and https versions.
Last edited by Fergenaprido on February 12th, 2018, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 12th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Fergenaprido on Feb 12 2018, 07:12:58 AM wrote:Edit 1: This also means the duplicatechecker script needs to be updated. Found some duplicates when the results gave me some errors that weren't caught by that script.
As far as I know the current version of the filmcounter automatically ignores duplicates. No need to run a separate script.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 12th, 2018, 2:37 pm

mjf314 on Feb 12 2018, 12:41:33 AM wrote:(I changed the http to https in the code).
Only for IMDb-lists, I presume? The iCM-exports still contain http-links.
ICM-profile

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 12th, 2018, 2:38 pm

I forgot that Filmcounter uses the IMDb URL to tell when 2 votes are for the same film, so I'll have to update it again.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 12th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Here's another update. I think this one should remove duplicates correctly, and the ineligible list only needs the http URLs (without the s).

I need to sleep, so if it doesn't work then I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Edit: Removed the file.
Last edited by mjf314 on February 13th, 2018, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » February 12th, 2018, 3:04 pm

mjf314 on Feb 12 2018, 07:43:06 AM wrote:Here's another update. I think this one should remove duplicates correctly, and the ineligible list only needs the http URLs (without the s).
Why not use something like "&#092;btt&#092;d{7}&#092;b" as regex for extracting IMDb IDs? Seems more future-proof and flexible to me.