Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: The Great White Silence, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Technical help on ICM

Armoreska

Technical help on ICM

Post by Armoreska » October 16th, 2017, 10:54 am

yeah, ask MJF, he gave me something for that once
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » October 16th, 2017, 2:57 pm

albajos on Oct 16 2017, 04:19:09 AM wrote:One of the main features is to import from imdb

but is it possible to reverse it somewhat? To find out which movies on imdb I have forgotten to vote for after checking them?
No feature on iCM to do that, but you can export both iCM-checks and IMDb-ratings and compare in Excel.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » October 17th, 2017, 5:29 am

Armoreska on Oct 16 2017, 04:54:36 AM wrote:yeah, ask MJF, he gave me something for that once
"IMDB List Helper" lets you import your checks to IMDb (as a list) and then you can find the movies you haven't rated yet.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » August 10th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Anyone having troubles sending private messages in ICM? I keep getting the "are you a robot" code wrong. And I know I'm not a robot.

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » August 10th, 2018, 6:05 pm

That's what all robots say.

But nope, works fine with me. Maybe it's case sensitive?
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 10th, 2018, 6:06 pm

blueboybob wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 5:55 pm
Anyone having troubles sending private messages in ICM? I keep getting the "are you a robot" code wrong. And I know I'm not a robot.
That's just what a robot would say... :cowbow:

But no - I just sent you a PM on there with no issue. I did have to enter the captcha twice, but the first time was a "you have too many messages" error. Second attempt went through with no issue.

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » August 10th, 2018, 11:52 pm

OK Incognito window works.... so it must be one of hte extensions like ublockerorigin being over agressive

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 11th, 2018, 12:00 am

Well there's you're problem - you're trying to PM a whackjob!

That is weird - maybe close browser, clear cache, and try again?

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 14th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Corrected. Thanks!
ICM-profile

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 11th, 2019, 8:30 pm

I've tried searching for an answer but am coming up unlucky.

So, I'm getting the "Whoops. You have specified movies that have not yet been added to iCheckMovies..." message still four days after the first attempt to update the list.

Does anyone have a hint on an easy way to isolate the offending title? I mean, without entering each title.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 11th, 2019, 8:39 pm

xianjiro wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 8:30 pm

So, I'm getting the "Whoops. You have specified movies that have not yet been added to iCheckMovies..." message still four days after the first attempt to update the list.

Does anyone have a hint on an easy way to isolate the offending title? I mean, without entering each title.
Okay, I did find the offending title. It's something of a lie to say that something will be added to the import queue when it's clearly not. I'm also willing to bet the five lists sitting in the queue of have been there for a few days now, but I haven't tracked their numbers.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » April 11th, 2019, 8:47 pm

To figure out which title causes the problem, you can go to the movie import page on the beta and insert all the movie urls of which one (or more) is the one you're looking for. Then iCM will tell you which titles are already on iCM and which have been added to the queue. In that case, they will certainly be added to the queue and you also know which titles were the ones that were knew. Then you can update your list without those titles and add them later. The bug of waiting several days to add them is still there though.
ICM-profile

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 11th, 2019, 9:10 pm

xianjiro wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 8:39 pm
xianjiro wrote:

Okay, I did find the offending title. It's something of a lie to say that something will be added to the import queue when it's clearly not. I'm also willing to bet the five lists sitting in the queue of have been there for a few days now, but I haven't tracked their numbers.
What movie is it? The queue process stuff almost instantly. The problem is getting the list page to recognize that it's not missing anymore.

Basically:
When you get that error the film does get added and processed, but the parser that checks if a film can be added to a list checks a cached version of all the films on ICM, not the live version, so you still get that error for a while after the film has been added.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 12th, 2019, 2:17 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 9:10 pm
xianjiro wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 8:39 pm
xianjiro wrote:

What movie is it? The queue process stuff almost instantly. The problem is getting the list page to recognize that it's not missing anymore.

Basically:
When you get that error the film does get added and processed, but the parser that checks if a film can be added to a list checks a cached version of all the films on ICM, not the live version, so you still get that error for a while after the film has been added.
But that's my point - the film wasn't added until I manually added it to the queue today. tt9897832 Dialogue with Che (1968). I've run the list update about five times since the weekend, each time under the mistaken assumption the problem would resolve without the need to figure out which of the 92 titles was the problem.

I just recreated the problem by appending a bogus tt number at the end of the list. Remember when I said earlier I was pretty confident that the same five lists were sitting in the queue? Here's what I saw.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000031161/
Added 2018-04-20 10:39:54; Will be imported in a moment (estimated time)
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056060115/
Added 2018-05-25 08:45:59; Will be imported in a moment (estimated time)
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056060115/./
Added 2018-05-25 08:46:13; Will be imported in a moment (estimated time)
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls050540826/
Added 2018-06-01 21:02:17; Will be imported in a moment (estimated time)
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls021662670/
Added 2018-07-21 06:59:57; Will be imported in a moment (estimated time)

My title isn't included in this list of things sitting there since last year. However, it's clear that when I did a manual add, the movie was processed just fine, immediately - it's just the part about automatically adding to the queue that's not working. My memory is that the last time this problem happened (with the Indian Top 250 list), joachimt figured out which title was the problem and also added it manually, so this auto-add feature has been broken for awhile.

Another interesting aside. I tried to manually add a bogus title by adding an extra digit to the tt number and received this message:

Hi xianjiro,

The movies you've added to our import queue were successfully processed.

Cheers,

The iCheckMovies team

While "successfully processed" implies that the title was added, it actually doesn't mean that, now does it. After all, the process lead to an IMDb 404 page.

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 12th, 2019, 2:19 am

oh, and btw, the list page updated on my next attempt - I don't remember if I did minutes or hours later, sorry, my mind was actually elsewhere - so at least that seems to be better now.

sol can find me here