Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

The thread where we post links to lists

Post Reply
User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18781
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

Re: The thread where we post links to lists

#3441

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » May 9th, 2019, 2:20 am

I do have a few favourites there, but I think they are so bad it's good.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#3442

Post by Ebbywebby » May 9th, 2019, 2:20 am

funkybusiness wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 1:14 am
0/266

looks pretty fun.
I've seen two (Gymkata, Never Too Young to Die), and saw both of them via the perverse "TCM Underground" slot.


User avatar
Angel Glez
Posts: 1972
Joined: Apr 02, 2012
Location: Spain
Contact:

#3444

Post by Angel Glez » May 13th, 2019, 12:15 pm



List not available?

"Höhenfeuer" von Fredi M. Murer (im Bild), der Spielfilm von 1985 über die verbotene Liebe zweier Geschwister, ist der mit Abstand beste Schweizer Film aller Zeiten. Zu diesem Ergebnis kam eine Erhebung der Filmzeitschrift "Frame", welche die "NZZ am Sonntag" zusammen mit dem Zurich Film Festival herausgibt.

203 der über 360 Mitglieder der Schweizer Filmakademie haben sich an der Umfrage zu den 100 besten Schweizer Filmen beteiligt, darunter Cineasten wie Michael Steiner, Rolf Lyssy oder Jean-Stéphane Bron. Dabei erhielt "Höhenfeuer" fast doppelt so viele Punkte wie der zweitplacierte Film "Les petites fugues" (1979) von Yves Yersin. Auf Platz 3 kam "Die Schweizermacher" (1978) von Rolf Lyssy.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3445

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 13th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Isn't it this? https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/sonn ... van+dutch/

Edit: No it isn't 2nd and 3rd place don't match and that video is from 2014.

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 3501
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#3446

Post by OldAle1 » May 13th, 2019, 6:23 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 1:13 am
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/80s+ ... thy420xxx/

I love this list. Way too niche for it to become official though.
Lot of crossover with RLM's Best of the Worst I expect. I've seen 31 :o Most certainly are not "good" movies and I would not want to argue for the cinematic merits of any of them to people who don't already have a soft spot for cheesy 80s stuff but here are the ones I enjoyed at least a little beyond the so-bad-it's-good catgory

1. Il mondo di Yor
2. The Sword and the Sorcerer
3. She
4. Robotjox
5. The Order of the Black Eagle (which is the sequel to Unmasking the Idol but is much more fun because Nazis and a baboon driving a tank)

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7067
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#3447

Post by Gershwin » May 14th, 2019, 11:12 am

Angel Glez wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 12:15 pm


List not available?

"Höhenfeuer" von Fredi M. Murer (im Bild), der Spielfilm von 1985 über die verbotene Liebe zweier Geschwister, ist der mit Abstand beste Schweizer Film aller Zeiten. Zu diesem Ergebnis kam eine Erhebung der Filmzeitschrift "Frame", welche die "NZZ am Sonntag" zusammen mit dem Zurich Film Festival herausgibt.

203 der über 360 Mitglieder der Schweizer Filmakademie haben sich an der Umfrage zu den 100 besten Schweizer Filmen beteiligt, darunter Cineasten wie Michael Steiner, Rolf Lyssy oder Jean-Stéphane Bron. Dabei erhielt "Höhenfeuer" fast doppelt so viele Punkte wie der zweitplacierte Film "Les petites fugues" (1979) von Yves Yersin. Auf Platz 3 kam "Die Schweizermacher" (1978) von Rolf Lyssy.
Looks like older Frame issues are only digitally available from September 2015. I've asked on Twitter if the list is digitally available, but I don't think chances are very big we'll get it, unless someone manages to get hands on the old paper magazine.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM


User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3142
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#3449

Post by Fergenaprido » May 15th, 2019, 7:54 am

Are you sure Winchester '73 is supposed to be on the Biker list? It's from 15 years before the time period covered by the book, and seems out of place (there's also a tv remake of the film from 1967, which would at least fit in the timeframe). The Wild One is the only other film from the '50s in that list, but it fits the theme.
Un homme and une femme also seems like an odd inclusion. Haven't seen it though.


The pre-code list looks interesting, though I'm confused why a 1940 film is supposed to be there.

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18781
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#3450

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » May 15th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:54 am
Are you sure Winchester '73 is supposed to be on the Biker list? It's from 15 years before the time period covered by the book, and seems out of place (there's also a tv remake of the film from 1967, which would at least fit in the timeframe). The Wild One is the only other film from the '50s in that list, but it fits the theme.
Un homme and une femme also seems like an odd inclusion. Haven't seen it though.


The pre-code list looks interesting, though I'm confused why a 1940 film is supposed to be there.
It's the correct Winchester '73. They mention that the film the Savage Seven reuses the plot for Winchester '73. A Man and a Woman was mentioned when a critic compared it to The Wild Angels. They are mentioned, but perhaps not significant enough to be put on the list? I dunno what do you think?

User avatar
GruesomeTwosome
Donator
Posts: 2583
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Industrial Wasteland, USA
Contact:

#3451

Post by GruesomeTwosome » May 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 3:04 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:54 am
Are you sure Winchester '73 is supposed to be on the Biker list? It's from 15 years before the time period covered by the book, and seems out of place (there's also a tv remake of the film from 1967, which would at least fit in the timeframe). The Wild One is the only other film from the '50s in that list, but it fits the theme.
Un homme and une femme also seems like an odd inclusion. Haven't seen it though.


The pre-code list looks interesting, though I'm confused why a 1940 film is supposed to be there.
It's the correct Winchester '73. They mention that the film the Savage Seven reuses the plot for Winchester '73. A Man and a Woman was mentioned when a critic compared it to The Wild Angels. They are mentioned, but perhaps not significant enough to be put on the list? I dunno what do you think?
It's actually Hell's Belles (1969) that is a biker spin on Winchester '73. I checked out that excerpt from the book, and it's kind of poorly written and I can see why you thought it was referring to The Savage Seven there.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7067
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#3452

Post by Gershwin » May 22nd, 2019, 5:23 pm

LaCinetek now also has Scorsese's favourites. I added the list to iCM.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

dirty_score
Posts: 200
Joined: Oct 10, 2016
Contact:

#3453

Post by dirty_score » May 23rd, 2019, 12:46 am

Gershwin wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:23 pm
LaCinetek now also has Scorsese's favourites. I added the list to iCM.
I would trade that with the official one. I would vote to make them all official like the :imdb: lists are.

Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 3647
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Contact:

#3454

Post by Nathan Treadway » May 23rd, 2019, 1:51 am

Gershwin wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:23 pm
LaCinetek now also has Scorsese's favourites. I added the list to iCM.
Of all the directors working today, I'm not sure there's a list of "favorites" that I'd be more interested in seeing than his.

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7067
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#3455

Post by Gershwin » June 4th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Somehow LaCinetek added an alternative Scorsese list to their site. No idea why, but I added it to iCM as well. The original still exists, but is no longer linked to on the homepage. Weird.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
GruesomeTwosome
Donator
Posts: 2583
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Industrial Wasteland, USA
Contact:

#3456

Post by GruesomeTwosome » June 11th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Slant magazine posted this interesting list a few days ago:

The 100 Best LGBTQ Movies of All Time
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3142
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#3457

Post by Fergenaprido » June 11th, 2019, 5:16 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Slant magazine posted this interesting list a few days ago:

The 100 Best LGBTQ Movies of All Time
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it's just an update of their previous list.
They did a Top 50 in 2013, and a Top 75 in 2016.

Neither of the original lists seem to exist on the Slant website anymore, but the first is on icm and the second on lb (and I have both in my spreadsheet from when they first came out).

User avatar
flavo5000
Posts: 2077
Joined: Jul 10, 2014
Contact:

#3458

Post by flavo5000 » July 13th, 2019, 2:20 pm

I just created this list:
THE DISREGARDED MOVIES of TURKISH CINEMA

I've been looking for a list that consolidates a lot of those bizarro Turkish rip-off movies but had found nothing up until I stumbled up on this social sciences paper:
http://www.asosjournal.com/Makaleler/20 ... 3%87AK.pdf

It had a nice summary table of many (if not all) the "remakes" from the 50's through 80's. So now we have a list of some awesomely terrible Turkish films with a source to boot!

I have no delusions of this ever becoming official or anything. Just thought it'd be a fun list to put together.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29088
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#3459

Post by joachimt » July 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Top 1000 according to the members of Dutch website moviemeter.nl. It's a 2-yearly poll.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3142
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#3460

Post by Fergenaprido » July 15th, 2019, 6:15 pm

joachimt wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Top 1000 according to the members of Dutch website moviemeter.nl. It's a 2-yearly poll.
Maybe I should become Dutch and join that site. With 470 seen, I'm only 30 away from a bronze on that list, which is by far the most I've seen on any of the 1000+ film lists on icm, by about a hundred films. Watchlisted for further perusal; thanks for sharing. :)

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29088
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#3461

Post by joachimt » July 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 6:15 pm
joachimt wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Top 1000 according to the members of Dutch website moviemeter.nl. It's a 2-yearly poll.
Maybe I should become Dutch and join that site. With 470 seen, I'm only 30 away from a bronze on that list, which is by far the most I've seen on any of the 1000+ film lists on icm, by about a hundred films. Watchlisted for further perusal; thanks for sharing. :)
Maybe that's because it's so heavily skewed towards recent movies.

Image
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

dirty_score
Posts: 200
Joined: Oct 10, 2016
Contact:

#3462

Post by dirty_score » August 14th, 2019, 5:22 am

The first book of Rotten Tomatoes comes out in October and highlights 101 critically panned movies. (A replacement for Badmovies.org list?) :think:

https://www.runningpress.com/titles/the ... 762496051/

Also there's an interesting book that came out last May about Black Cinema from the silent period to Black Panther:

https://www.runningpress.com/titles/don ... 762491407/

Whoever gets a hold of it, it has a really nice potencial to be a good list and maybe become official. :ICM:



mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 10771
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#3465

Post by mjf314 » August 15th, 2019, 11:52 pm

dirty_score wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:22 am
Also there's an interesting book that came out last May about Black Cinema from the silent period to Black Panther:

https://www.runningpress.com/titles/don ... 762491407/

Whoever gets a hold of it, it has a really nice potencial to be a good list and maybe become official. :ICM:
I looked for this today at a library, which was supposed to have the book (according to their online catalogue), but I couldn't find it. Maybe they misplaced it.

There seem to be a lot of libraries that have it, so it'll probably be easy to find.

Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 3647
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Contact:

#3466

Post by Nathan Treadway » August 16th, 2019, 12:45 am

mjf314 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:52 pm
dirty_score wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:22 am
Also there's an interesting book that came out last May about Black Cinema from the silent period to Black Panther:

https://www.runningpress.com/titles/don ... 762491407/

Whoever gets a hold of it, it has a really nice potencial to be a good list and maybe become official. :ICM:
I looked for this today at a library, which was supposed to have the book (according to their online catalogue), but I couldn't find it. Maybe they misplaced it.

There seem to be a lot of libraries that have it, so it'll probably be easy to find.
Both copies at my library are checked out right now, and I placed it on hold.

Post Reply